Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomhammer [eu] Alliance/Horde - Irish Guild - EGB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Room in our lotro kin for you Cully and can promise no kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Dcully wrote: »
    Guys ive seriously considering transferring over either my main or an alt.
    Before i do may i ask whats the average age of your members?
    If im to transfer over having done so a few times recently i need to make sure im not gonna be stung with a guild of kiddies again :)
    My current guild while very nice people dont do anywhere near enough guild stuff,im tired of pugging heroics etc.
    Do you guys raid, if so are yas hardcore or more casual?
    Im not into these hardcore guilds that require 100% attendance.
    Ill always try to make most raids but real life dictates that unfortunately.
    In my old guild once i signed for a raid i showed up, thats not a problem as i can plan when im free etc.
    Sorry for all the questions but €20 a pop for a transfer mounts up and ive transfered 3 in the last 2 months.
    I just need to find out as much as possible first :)

Ok so to answer you the average age in the guild is 20 + although there are a couple of older fogies and i would hesitate to guess they are in their early thirties and older. The only kids that are in the guild are related to more senior members and they would be kept in check.

Yes the guild does raid and at this moment in time are gearing up by doing heroics. We are also in the process of building up a raid team but we do need numbers to make it a reality but Omphin has something in the pipeline.

Raiding will be a mixed bag, there are some who have the time to do it on a seriously but many like you including myself will be casual raiders because of RL commitments. The guild wants to offer a bit of both types and the reason for this is that at its core the officer team want it to be a community of people working together rather than a full time job ;).

My suggestion to you is transfer 1 char first get settled then transfer the rest when you need them.

Hope this explanation helps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for the reply Calhoun, sounds like what im looking for tbh.

lol Lister ya bugger :)

While i enjoyed lotro i enjoy wow pve a lot more mate.
    If things change trust me you will be the first to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Looking to level 5 trolls to 85, all differing classes.
    Want it to be a guild thing where we all just power level through dungeons together.
    I'll be rolling a priest, got 2 other interested already Óxó and Mimiru (in game names)
    My main on doomhammer is called Phiphi.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

Hey I only started the other day (I'm still only on the trial but Intend to get the original WoW over the week) I'm a human priest only level 5 can someone invite me or something?

• Advertisement

Hi Willow,

whats your char name so you can be added? alternatively contact Gaimbín or join the channel EGB /join EGB and someone will add you.

Thanks

Cal

Oh right yeah lol its Vaislen (Im level 14 now! :D) emm I know its probably a stupid question but how do I join a channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

/join egb mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I'm still awake, I'll login and invite you if you're still online :)

EDIT: You're not online :(

Can also just do a /who erin go bragh
    Then just whisper one of the members online to invite you tomorrow when you're back online.

argh soz! Ill be on a good bit today anyway :) I don't think I can whisper someone while I'm on the trial version I can only be added or else reply to other peoples whispers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 NwRepairman

Hey all!
    Im one of those "old Fogies" whos is currently on Khadgar... Have one 85 Hunter (alli), and an 80 Alli priest too..

Wil pop onto doomhammer witha nalt and have a chat...
    would love to give this game a bash witha proper guild of local lads ;)

Have another dub pal with a few 85's i might drag along!

Just rolled an Orc hunter "Northcider"..
    Send me a mail in game or such for invite to guild if you want some los level DPS lol

See ya online :D

Nice man, could you please do a /who egb or /join egb and one of the guys will add you . I'm not online right now and not sure if anyone will see this until tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hi all,

I am considering transfering 1 or more characters over. Having never done this, could someone just clear somethings up for me?

I am thinking of bringing over a worgen druid, now...from what I can see, I would have to pay for a server transfer, an alliance to horde change, and possibly a race change, is that correct?

The char also has some heirlooms, would they be transfered over aswell? I recently got the guild lvl 10 guild cloak, I assume that would be lost, but any idea on the JP ones that I bought?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll need to pay for a server and faction change. So €45 for the lot. When you do the faction change, you can choose whatever race you want. Also, anything you have in your bags/bank will be transferred over (not sure about Guild Heirlooms though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Think I'm going to reroll a Goblin in a bit and nab a guild invite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eyfm5

Joined the guild a few weeks ago havnt had much time to play recently cause of work. im sure there are others in the same boat. something im really interested in doing is gettin a group together for leveling/dungeons from low levels. be a nice way to level alts for people who have their mains on other servers to see what server/guild is like.

could be a good chance for someone to level a class/role they have never played before and there would be no waiting time for dungeons as it would already be a 5man group leveling together which would benefit the guild in the long run as people would be used to the playstyles from very early on.
    I wouldnt expect people to stop playing mains/other alts to focuse on a new alt, but could designate a day/time that suited the group to level together.

I know this might not appeal to everyone and everyone has been in groups before but it would be a new way for alot of people - to play wow in a group from level 1 onwards. let me know if this appeals to anyone or if you are willing to give it a shot

Sounds good, I'm usually a busy during the week, but if you can get others to agree on some reasonable times I'm sure I could be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Depending on the times, I would be interested in joining in with my low level Pali. I have exams coming up in 6 weeks time so I don't have time to do any proper dungeons/raids on my shammie til then so some casual levelling would suit!

wel i was thinkin it would suit people who work, just some casual leveling in the evenings. was also thinkin that as we would level as a group only playing the alts when everyone is available. was thinking 6ish onwards maybe monday wed and fridays?

• Advertisement

I probably won't be able to be online every night during those times, but if you can get a few others I'm in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rolled an Orc Warrior called Braven, and might level him for a while.

at the minute iv had very few responses, and have asked in other guilds on other servers. wouldnt require much effort from people, only a few hours a week. be nice easy way for social players to level

Guys, for those of you who are doubting the guild, i joined only over a week ago and they are a terrific bunch of guys/gals..

Im not a hardcore player, few hours here and then when I can but with the guild perks such as faster levelling through extra rep/Exp etc you will FLY through the levels.

Just over a week in and im up to lvl 41 so if you guys have the game, roll a new toon and give it a lash through the guild.. Saves transfer costs etc and if it's not for you, well, you've only invested a few hours.

Ps, ive been playing for a few years and have been in several guilds but the new guild reward system REALLY benefits guild play. Get in there!

Just my 2c really, great bunch of folks who are helpful.

Roll a new toon on Doomhammer.
    You know you want to... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 utnapishtim

Guys, for those of you who are doubting the guild, i joined only over a week ago and they are a terrific bunch of guys/gals..

Im not a hardcore player, few hours here and then when I can but with the guild perks such as faster levelling through extra rep/Exp etc you will FLY through the levels.

Just over a week in and im up to lvl 41 so if you guys have the game, roll a new toon and give it a lash through the guild.. Saves transfer costs etc and if it's not for you, well, you've only invested a few hours.

Ps, ive been playing for a few years and have been in several guilds but the new guild reward system REALLY benefits guild play. Get in there!

Just my 2c really, great bunch of folks who are helpful.

Roll a new toon on Doomhammer.
    You know you want to... ;)

EGB open Mike Nights! - err, open vent server that is

Check out this thread for details;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70383530#post70383530

can someone add me to the guild. asked 2 people last night and didnt get a response. dk name - zaraxía. i will be on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

eyfm5 wrote: »
    can someone add me to the guild. asked 2 people last night and didnt get a response. dk name - zaraxía. i will be on tonight

ill add u to friends list and keep an eye open for you. ill probably be leveling my omphizzle or Bealtaine alt, add me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

An update on the direction of the guild.

We will be a raiding/social guild based on horde side of Doomhammer EU.

We are Looking for more people to join us both socially and for Raiding to help make Erin Go Bragh a very progressive guild in Raids. We are particularly looking for irish people to transfer their main characters at this stage.

The guild is LV 11 now on horde side. (The alliance side we will be Keeping as an alt guild)
    We are trying to persuade Irish WoW players to transfer to Doomhammer. We have had a great responce so far with many people joing us from other realms. If u feel u want to be part of an irish guild, now is the time.

*Also to mention we are looking for more Frequent players, at the moment we have alot of people in guild but half of them are very casual players:eek:

My computer decided to kill itself so Im in the process of making a new one so hopefully Ill be on within the next two weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Get off my server !

lol_8.jpg

LOL :D

Advertisement