Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomhammer [eu] Alliance/Horde - Irish Guild - EGB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Get off my server !

lol_8.jpg

LOL :D

Bastard! and ya never even told me till now!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Looks like im gonna transfer a few toons in the next few days. Nice bunch of lads, and my current status on Zenedar is pretty poor due to slackers...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

Any room for an arms dps warrior lads? looking for a new home, would be nice to raid with people I can relate to as fellow country men :)

Fizzix wrote: »
    Any room for an arms dps warrior lads? looking for a new home, would be nice to raid with people I can relate to as fellow country men :)

Of course mate, we are looking for very active people atm. Many that have joined us are quite casual players, some gone for days at a time. some gone for weeks even. So we are on the look out for focused people, to raid and even lead raids. Feel free to bring some mates too irish or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

One of my guild member informed me you guys are looking to merge with our guild on Outland and transfer over, is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

TheDoc wrote: »
    One of my guild member informed me you guys are looking to merge with our guild on Outland and transfer over, is this correct?

Is this true I was gonna start my transfere this evening, think I'll hold off a bit see how this pans out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

The idea of merging would be quiet cool, but from what i no it wouldnt be happening anytime soon.
    It would prob have to come down to free transfer to outland and stuff it it was guna happen.
    Alota people in the guild have only transfered from other realms to doomhammer so it would be unlikely and kinda unfair to ask them all to move theres like 247 members aldo that includes alts so it would be alota work.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Whts the name of the Outland guild?

Horde pvp guild on outlands = The Splish Splash Show

Alliance pve guild on outlands = ATT

Horde pve Guild on Doomhammer = Erin Go Bragh

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Omphin wrote: »
    Horde pvp guild on outlands = The Splish Splash Show

Thats us I guess :p Bunch of Galway lads and a few other random Irish in there. Started only about 2 months ago, myself and a friend. Bolstered the numbers very fast since. Good fun, doing a 14 hour pvp day on Wednesdays :D

• Advertisement

The reason I ask is that basically some "officer" approached one of our members and said that the guild would transfer and wanted to merge with us and not as such making demands, but more so things like

Officer cores would merge
    And ideas for raiding etc

All I'll say is that we are 12/12 and EGB are 0/12. I'm not being egotistical but there should be some inhouse discussion first between your guild to see if its something your guild want.

And its then something you should discuss with ourofficer core seriously
    ( two of which post here).

Again not to sound egotistical, but it seems your guild has alot to gain, while we get nothing. And boards guilds have a long history of folding after a short period, once the guild hits endgame, nothing happens.

I can assure you that we do not have spots for progression unless the candidate is exceptional.

However there would be obviously the ability to diversify and cater for more pvp and secondary raids. We dont do things half arsed and have processes and organisers for things, and if we did get an influx of new members then we could arrange something.

Again to remember, to transfer to outland, we are alliance.

So thats potentially fifty euro for your members.

If you want to dicuss the matter officially then by all means pm myself or witless1 here and we can arrange a meet on vent.

I say this only because a further three of your members migrated and paid for a transfer assuming a merger happend, and I had to simply refuse them, telling them they needed to apply like everyone else which they didn't do.

They told me that the word in your guild is that a merger with ATT is on the cards, which I can safely assure, is 100% not happening at this time as the option has not been discussed by ATT, or officially between the two guilds.

But like that we are open for a chat and see what can come of it. Again I want to stress I'm not having a pop at anyone or bragging, but I didn't appreciate getting abuse from these three fellas and me being made the dickhead for telling them they can't join, from them being under a false pretence that there was a merger.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Just to add to what TheDoc has said.

At the moment we are expanding our website and starting to generate content. We put a decent amount of money not to mention development time into creating a resource to ease the running of the guild. Now we want to share that resource out in the form of establishing a community, where we would be in a position to invite other Irish guilds to come and participate. We have blogs setup that are generating slow but steady traffic, we have extensive forums which are being overhauled and more parts currently being made publicly available to try and generate some conversation around class discussion and tactics. We are setting up fraps captures of our raids and members have agreed to provide PoV discussions and guides for the bosses. I for one am currently putting together PoV tips for shadowpriests on each of the normal mode bosses and progressing that to hard modes as I encounter them.

We would certainly welcome any contribution but an actual merger like the rumours that we have been hearing has a lot more to discuss if they were true, in that both sides would not be coming at it equally in terms of progression, resources and history. As stated in the EU Outland thread we had plans and provisions in place to run a 2nd raid group, with both on equal terms. That plan is still in place and we have a number of social members capable of raiding but not currently at a gear / experience level where they could break into our core raiding group. That 2nd group would sadly not be on an equal footing for this content patch but who knows what gear level both groups will be at by the time 4.1 comes out.

If there is substance behind the rumors PM either one of us and we can chat about it.
    If they are just rumours we would be more then happy to chat to you about how you could contribute and help us build an Irish based WoW community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Could also run a second casual version of your guild, taking in a merger of the one from Doomhammer into same and members then within applying as normal to your main raiding guild as they see fit, if they want too and if they've got the mustard.
    My Son is still on Doomhammer in EGB with his DK but I moved my Druid back to AzureMyst a while back. I've an 80 Alliance warrior still on Doomhammer though but never play it.

It's fairly expensive for both a server and faction transfer, especially with RIFT out. Server and faction transfer or buy Rift...hmm :)

TheDoc wrote: »

I contacted one of your members and informed him i wished to get in touch with your Gm to talk about the possibilities of establishing outlands as an irish base. That in the future we on doomhammer would perhaps eventually move to Outlands, if Doomhammer got full and free transfers became available to us. I thought it would be great if all the irish were on one realm and i wanted to talk Privately about this.

I didnt expect the above quote to be posted on our recruitment thread, Since we are still recruiting for Doomhammer and since the idea of merging with the outlands irish was only an idea that i wished to talk privately about first, From GM to GM.

As a result im told 2 or 3 people went to outlands to be turned away from ATT after reading a discussion that should not have taken place on our recruitment thread. My apoligies to those players for the mix up.

Erin Go Bragh will continue to recruit as a relaxed social and raiding guild on Doomhammer with an emphasis on building a community. My apoligies to ATT also for the inconvenience caused to them.

I contacted one of your members and informed him i wished to get in touch with your Gm to talk about the possibilities of establishing outlands as an irish base. That in the future we on doomhammer would perhaps eventually move to Outlands, if Doomhammer got full and free transfers became available to us. I thought it would be great if all the irish were on one realm and i wanted to talk Privately about this.

I didnt expect the above quote to be posted on our recruitment thread, Since we are still recruiting for Doomhammer and since the idea of merging with the outlands irish was only an idea that i wished to talk privately about first, From GM to GM.

As a result im told 2 or 3 people went to outlands to be turned away from ATT after reading a discussion that should not have taken place on our recruitment thread. My apoligies to those players for the mix up.

Erin Go Bragh will continue to recruit as a relaxed social and raiding guild on Doomhammer with an emphasis on building a community. My apoligies to ATT also for the inconvenience caused to them.

It was no big inconviniance for me. The guys in question to be honest obviously arn't experienced in terms of WoW, as they literally said something along the lines of

" Hey Doc, invite please transfered from EGB, be ready for raiding over the weekend"

Bit lol tbh.

But yeah we have cleared the above already in two posts from ourselves, two officers.

Best of luck with the guild ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Could also run a second casual version of your guild, taking in a merger of the one from Doomhammer into same and members then within applying as normal to your main raiding guild as they see fit, if they want too and if they've got the mustard.

We have no problem accepting people on a social or casual level into our guild, in fact we do welcome it as it provides a more active player base. It means leveling is quicker, heroic queues are quicker and the possibility of alt / off night raids can come about. A social member has the same level of access as the core raiding member in terms of forums and even benefits e.g. we sell BoEs at an AH % discount to our raiders for their alts and at a different % discount to our social members. Anyone who joins needs to realise that a guild invite for social and for raiding are 100% different and will be treated that way. If you apply for social you will get in, if you apply for raiding it's going to be scrutinized like any other raiding guild and a rejection chance at the moment is highly likely as our roster is stable. Similarly once you are in the door as a social stepping up to join the raiding team will have gear and skill requirements and more crucially an opening is required. We have had problems with that in the past and it's something we are used to dealing with. Anyone who wants to apply just needs to chat to one of us or pop on a short app on the forums and mark it social :)
    I thought it would be great if all the irish were on one realm and i wanted to talk Privately about this.

Agreed. It would be nice to have an Irish based community and especially one open to both new players and an outlet for seasoned players as well. Realistically getting everyone onto one realm is going to be difficult especially if server / faction changes are required. We are impressed though with how you went about promoting your venture and it is something that we talked about privately as what you done matches with our goal of creating an Irish based community. The difference is your community is server based where as we are in the process of creating a discussion based community as most of the interaction within WoW seems to happen offline :) There is certainly scope for collaboration between our guilds at some point though and apologies for your private intentions becoming public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sinbad44

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/160507/patch-41-public-test-realms-coming-soon

Any of u guys going to be on PTR? would be cool to test it out together give me an oul PM and get in touch if ya are!

Nevermind the PTR, what i want to know is when our new guild website will be up, lol. Ivan if you are out there, get the ball rolling mate, preferably b4 the next expansion:P

oh and Big Gratz to you john for making 200,000 gold:eek: if u want to u can share some tips on how the hell u are doing it, btw what is the gold cap now?

oh and Big Gratz to you john for making 200,000 gold:eek: if u want to u can share some tips on how the hell u are doing it, btw what is the gold cap now?

gold cap is 1million

I'd be very interested to hear some tips too from John on this forums sticky.

Granted I can usually make gold fine, I stop around the 30-40k mark because I simply find it difficult to keep going.

I think its because I get to that point with things like prospecting and mysterious fortune cards.

But at 40k i need to start tunring bigger things and tkaing bigger risks, like maybe investing in darkmoon cards etc

• Advertisement

Actualy its just 300k now lol,darkmoon cards were selling well for me but as of the last week or so things have gotten really cheap deck were going for 20-30k now down to 12k qithin a week is crazy market.

At night just as dailies reset i check the Jc daily put the like of jaspers, nightstones etc up to 150g there only 1 or 2 other people to compete with in the Ah so they normal set there prices to about 145g a few min after me so i log my alt in put in anount 20-30 gems for about 120 and they sell like made.The others dont normal change there prices.

Its just mainly playing the Ah known who the other are playing it to,ofc you do need to farm alota ore atm seem like not many people are doing it which makes it alot easier for me :)

There is actualy 1 player who TBH must have bots doing his work farming herbs he has about 50 darkmoon decks i normal keep and eye out for him selling in trade as he changes his prices throughout the day.

I mean earthquake deck normaly goes for 10k you could get it from him for 5-6k, vocano deck sells for 17k you can easily get it for 11k so every lil helps for only a few min work considering this dude spends 24/7 in trade selling .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I believe if you play the AH right you don't have to farm as you buy at low point in the Market and sell at the high but you really gotta understand the cycles , have a good snatch list and a good batch selling list.

Unfortunately for me I haven't had the time to do this to much but it can be done.

Alright getting this thread back on track :), there is a gold making thread that is stickied :) and i look forward to seeing some good tips from thedoc and john (i love reading them).

Guild Update

Faction: Horde
    Name: Erin Go Bragh
    Guild Level: 12
    Direction: Raiding/Social

Recruitment
    uncle-sam-we-want-you1.jpg

What We Want:

Mature people who are looking for a social community within WoW but also want to raid on a semi-pro basis. Although the guild is built with an Irish core in mind other nationalities are more than welcome.

What To Expect:

1. New members with new or transfered toons will receive help to get setup on the server. If there is anything needed please contact the officer team;
    2. The guild is what people make of it,there are multiple events organised each week from old content raids, new raid content and pvp. It is not mandatory to attend but it is recommended to at least sign up to some;
    3. The guild direction as advised above is not locked in stone, it can be changed but it needs strong commitment from members to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Calhoun wrote: »
    Alright getting this thread back on track :), there is a gold making thread that is stickied :) and i look forward to seeing some good tips from thedoc and john (i love reading them).

Guild Update

Faction: Horde
    Name: Erin Go Bragh
    Guild Level: 12
    Direction: Raiding/Social

Recruitment
    uncle-sam-we-want-you1.jpg

What We Want:

Mature people who are looking for a social community within WoW but also want to raid on a semi-pro basis. Although the guild is built with an Irish core in mind other nationalities are more than welcome.

What To Expect:

1. New members with new or transfered toons will receive help to get setup on the server. If there is anything needed please contact the officer team;
    2. The guild is what people make of it,there are multiple events organised each week from old content raids, new raid content and pvp. It is not mandatory to attend but it is recommended to at least sign up to some;
    3. The guild direction as advised above is not locked in stone, it can be changed but it needs strong commitment from members to do so.

WTB Photoshop skillz, make him irish lookin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Keep it clean :eek:

Berns wrote: »
    WTB Photoshop skillz, make him irish lookin :D

He is Irish, thats old Uncle Sam O'Toole

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eyfm5

hey guys currently have alt on EGB, is there four other individuals out there that would be interested in grouping up for quests/dungeons for a few nights a week. my thoughts are that by the time we have done 5/6 dungeons we will be so use to each others play styles that we should level pretty quickly. also it gives players a chance to level a char that they never played much before. eg i never leveled a mage/rogue with any great conviction.

It wud just be an alternative way of playing. with quests now available in dungeons its a new way to level.

I may have posted something similar before, hoping for a better response this time around

Let me know if you would be interested.

Or even if someone wanted to level in a pair....tank/healer combo

• Advertisement

eyfm5 wrote: »
    hey guys currently have alt on EGB, is there four other individuals out there that would be interested in grouping up for quests/dungeons for a few nights a week. my thoughts are that by the time we have done 5/6 dungeons we will be so use to each others play styles that we should level pretty quickly. also it gives players a chance to level a char that they never played much before. eg i never leveled a mage/rogue with any great conviction.

It wud just be an alternative way of playing. with quests now available in dungeons its a new way to level.

I may have posted something similar before, hoping for a better response this time around

Let me know if you would be interested.

Or even if someone wanted to level in a pair....tank/healer combo

i would mate but all my chars are 80+ and no room to level more on Doomhammer, its a good idea though probably u would be best off to ask in game with people who are close to ur level, only thing is everyones play times vary

Advertisement