Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The two girls complaining about the flowers being plastic and only gettin one each.....dafuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Such a cheap cheap show. Girls think they are godesses and really ain't all that. It's painful to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Is it just me or does the host of the show just seem like he's lost the will to live?

Having to be around some of those absolute air-heads, I don't really blame him... but, need someone new in. Quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

H ave to say im so disappointed with irish version of this show, the uk one is ten times better. I was a fan of foley on today FM and when he got this i thought he would be ideal!!its nothing short of pathetic,every part of it.telly doesnt suit foley, the women are fools and the production is so cheap.the state of the studio..terrible effort by tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Brianthedog

Holy mother of god! Should we arrange a collection for tv3? This the worst car crash I have seen sinced Dublin housewives. I can't stop watching! Why are we so bad at making these program's it's embarrassing. Fair dos to the contestants for trying & giving it a go but shame on tV3 for making them look like ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I have worked out that the girl who gets picked Ray chats to at the start. They don't actually pick each other, it's all set up. Am I being stupid in thinking nobody else guessed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

eternal wrote: »
    I have worked out that the girl who gets picked Ray chats to at the start. They don't actually pick each other, it's all set up. Am I being stupid in thinking nobody else guessed this?

Eh - it's pre-recorded. Ray chats to most of the girls and then they edit it in as appropriate.

Either way, just caught a few bits of it this morning. Is it an Irish thing that we can't give a proper compliment?

"Why have you left your light on?"

"Ah, I suppose I have to start lowering my standards."

Was watching it for its car crash value, but the girls are seriously pissing me off at this stage! Getting your 15 seconds of fame on the back of being a bitch is not worthwhile ladies.

Eh - it's pre-recorded. Ray chats to most of the girls and then they edit it in as appropriate.

Either way, just caught a few bits of it this morning. Is it an Irish thing that we can't give a proper compliment?

"Why have you left your light on?"

"Ah, I suppose I have to start lowering my standards."

Was watching it for its car crash value, but the girls are seriously pissing me off at this stage! Getting your 15 seconds of fame on the back of being a bitch is not worthwhile ladies.

When it's a good looking lad, they've no problem at all giving compliments.

But I've noticed if the guy is more "ah bless" than "do me now", the compliments are way more harsh. Like they can't be nice and say something like "yeah, he's cute, he seems very nice, so i'm leaving my light on" they have to go with the whole "well, might as well lower me standards" or something equally offensive.

Maybe they do it to get extra telly time, I don't know :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

the majority of women on it are not interested in a date but merely crave the attention and media coverage the show brings,however limited that may be.to prolong their time in the spotlight they will obviously do whatever they can to stay on the show as long as possible i.e by turning down every lad they are presented with for any ridiculous reason:):):)

quoted for truth....i said this at the start of the show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Any quick google search of the female contestants names and you will see that quite a few are models

so i wonder how much TV3 are paying them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any quick google search of the female contestants names and you will see that quite a few are models

so i wonder how much TV3 are paying them?

Even by "Irish Model/Promotional Girl" standards, the above use is fairly gratuitous and liberal.

It's now in terminal decline and has moved from "so bad it's good" to just awful.

Although there was one amusing moment the other night when Debbie (I think) said "I already have one asshole in my knickers, I don't need another".

• Registered Users Posts: 85,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So the wan who said at the start of tonight's show about if it is erect they was getting picked or something like that, turned her light off for all the fellas :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So the wan who said at the start of tonight's show about if it is erect they was getting picked or something like that, turned her light off for all the fellas :rolleyes:

In fairness now there was none of them lads were going to set the world on fire any time soon! :D

Marie didn't look too happy either when she looked around at one stage thinking her light was turned off, something tells me that was definitely a set up for her to go on a date with the last guy! -_-

The figure they show in brackets, I.e. 22 etc. - is that the girls age, or weight in stone????

I'm quitting the Irish version, UK all the way.

No one even on the show looks like they're enjoying themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The girl who just kept laughing at the guy's appearance and acted like she was gonna puke.... way out of line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭santana75

Thwip! wrote: »
    The girl who just kept laughing at the guy's appearance and acted like she was gonna puke.... way out of line

Theres a reason why those girls are single. Honestly I dont think they even cop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Almost time for the best and worst show on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

His teeth! Yellow teeth!

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    His teeth! Yellow teeth!

Had to laugh when he said he'd been dancing for a few years! That was terrible! :D

Oh jesus! :pac:

Say what you like about the girls, but the standard of the guys they have to choose from is just... well, there's no words really! :pac:

They could have had a cockatoo :p

They could have had a cockatoo :p

I see what you did there! :D

Did Ray insult the ladies there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

I had never seen this show before.
    I have no words.

Did Ray insult the ladies there :p

Ah he does that the whole time, he goes on like he just does not want to be there, I just find him a terrible host!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Oh jesus! :pac:

Say what you like about the girls, but the standard of the guys they have to choose from is just... well, there's no words really! :pac:

Very true! These absolutely stunning and extremely friendly women really need, no deserve, a better standard of guy.

Maybe we can get some chippindales or former boyband members in for them next series? ;)

Phat Cat wrote: »

Very true! These absolutely stunning and extremely friendly women really need, no deserve, a better standard of guy.

Maybe we can get some chippindales or former boyband members in for them next series? ;)

Whoa! I thought I was a sarcastic bastard! :D

I think I'm in love! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The funny thing is that even if they do get some chippendales or former boyband members on the show like was mentioned above, these bints would probably still complain, in fact its pretty much guaranteed!

Ray Foley: "So why did you turn your light off Contestant #1?"
    Contestant #1: "He's too gud lookin' Foley, he'd probably take all da attention away from me"
    Ray Foley: "Contestant #2, not your cup of tea either?"
    Contestant #2: "Naaa, he's too skinny Ray, I'd probably break him with my fat arse"
    Ray Foley: "Eh, okay......and what about you Contestant #3, why on earth did somebody as ugly as you turn your light off?"
    Contestant #3: "He's not good enough for me Foley, in fact no man ever will be. My self-esteem is so low that I use rejection as a weapon and I actually get a buzz out of putting male contestants down. I know, I really should cop myself on and lower my standards drastically, but I really can't think for myself and just go along with the other female contestants. So in all honesty Ray, I'm a total lost cause, especially since I'm 21 and look around 30".
    Ray Foley: "Well at least you're being honest, oh and by the way, I quit, so TV3 you can shove this bullshít job where the sun doesn't shine! Goodnight everybody and remember to tune into the real Take Me Out on ITV!"
    [audience applause]

:D

Advertisement