Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Oh Iv google imaged her alright, didnt want to take the best one, because as you say, that comparison might be a bit OTT ;)

I thank you nonetheless for reminding me I hadn't googled her in a while though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I caught the re-run of this the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes that it was on again and that TV3 actually had the balls to air a third season of this garbage.

It's actually funny to see things haven't changed from the first season, although I'm hardly surprised. Yet again its just 30 ridiculous average looking women with stupidly high levels of faux self esteem blacking out men for the craic and giving the lamest reasons ever. It's beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Btw speaking of Malin Akerman, there is a Swedish version of this show called Dagens Man (which means Man of the Day) where even the host Carolina Gynning is smoking hot.

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I caught the re-run of this the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes that it was on again and that TV3 actually had the balls to air a third season of this garbage.

It's actually funny to see things haven't changed from the first season, although I'm hardly surprised. Yet again its just 30 ridiculous average looking women with stupidly high levels of faux self esteem blacking out men for the craic and giving the lamest reasons ever. It's beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Btw speaking of Malin Akerman, there is a Swedish version of this show called Dagens Man (which means Man of the Day) where even the host Carolina Gynning is smoking hot.

I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you kind sir!

She's like a classy Victoria Silvstedt.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

He walks like a monkey....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Alicat wrote: »
    He walks like a monkey....

I imagine most of the girls weren't too concerned with his movements while vertical, more likely their interest was in his movements when horizontal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I tuned in and though Foley had been replaced by an actor from Skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Oh my God! Where do they find these awful men..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

the atmosphere on this show is atrocious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

These women are awful, Cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yeah just watching this now, another wild friday night :pac: the dj needs to get a suit that fits him! not bad looking guy though and decent dress sense... Some of the girls when asked questions though, have the charisma and charm of dishwater!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

the atmosphere on this show is atrocious!

The whole thing is atrocious, I feel embarrassed for these people!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Is this a record for most lights in the final round?

The whole thing is atrocious, I feel embarrassed for these people!
    yeah feel like im gonna need a shower after this! if they could get a decent Irish comedian to do it for the banter etc, it might be a bit better, someone with a little bit of Paddy McGuinness etc...

its funny how on the irish show you dont get the kind of fit alpha males, where as in the uk one you do...

yeah just watching this now, another wild friday night :pac: the dj needs to get a suit that fits him! not bad looking guy though and decent dress sense... Some of the girls when asked questions though, have the charisma and charm of dishwater!

yea suit is hanging off him, no slim fit there!slim pickings here for mister dj

Sge is a minger

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

its funny how on the irish show you dont get the kind of fit alpha males, where as in the uk one you do...

Well they put a lot more effort into the UK one! Decent dates, a decent studio, they pay a good presenter, so it's less of a joke than this one.

the red girl thins shes a comdeian. get her outta there now, ginger minger

dear god im watching this behind the couch through my fingers at this stage!

Dublin accent is absolutely awful.

• Advertisement

best out of a bad bunch LOL did my ears just deceive me? that absolute charmer, NOT NOT! Now for more comedy, Tallafornia!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭paul08

if the last fella was an ice cream he'd lick himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Don won

As a nation we can't make shows like this without making them retardly embarrassing. So bad it's unbelievable. Girls on are too young or too immature. Few have any quirks, humour or social skills and are awfully immature and insecure in the way they act, cant be themselves, have fun and as a result be nice to some of the fellas. Lads are nervious idiots. Who could blame them with those irish chicks. Thing is I'm sure most are ok ish in real life. What happens to us average Irish people when you put a video camera us is quite odd. We become ****- jibering mupputs. The reason we cringe at shows like this is because sub consciously, we see something in ourselves (albeit younger selves) Ironically the show deemed to be the worst advertisement for Irish is talafornia. However wierdly enough i dont feel embarrased watching that, Maybe there is something in not giving a ****, or maybe it doesn't follow the staged typical Irish tv predictable format. Maybe most of us are just far too boring to be on tv

Just another thing, why are all the answers given related to sex and that. You'd swear they were 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Just another thing, why are all the answers given related to sex and that. You'd swear they were 15.

Because apparently the way to get an Irish man is to act like you're sex crazed :rolleyes:

Aimee not knowing where Tipperary is... indictment of the Irish education system :/

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Bummppd wrote: »
    Oh my God! Where do they find these awful men..?

Probably the same place that they find those awful women :rolleyes:

It's actually shocking that this is the third series of the show and they have gone through well over 100 female contestants yet you could probably count on one hand the ones that were attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Most of them are barely over 18 for god sake. Barely outa school. And why are most of them from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The girls seem to be getting worse. Even Foley seems sick of it at this stage. He's inches from really letting loose at one of them for their ridiculous comments. It's going pretty sharpish from so bad it's good to just plain terrible tv. And I LOVE my **** tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think it has improved though, the comments are bit more realistic but some of them are a bit outrageous. If you attracted to someone you are or your not simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

This show is proof that it's not all about looks.

Advertisement