Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Mairead would get it.

Fact, very unusual to see a hottie like her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Fact, very unusual to see a hottie like her on it.

pic please?lots of comments about mairead.need to verify this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd take them out..

... with a sniper's rifle.

I'd take them out..

... with a sniper's rifle.

boom boom.

I've always thought that any woman going on that must really be at last chance saloon.

boom boom.

I've always thought that any woman going on that must really be at last chance saloon.

Ah you get the odd Mairead every now and then which would make you think 'How did she slip through the system?' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I don't like the format. They need to go back to the Blind Date / Dating Game method. Those shows had a much better caliber of contestant too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0JSl6W74E&t=1m20s

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Ray Foley should stick to his day job too. He looks like he should be at the bar@2am @ a wedding in his terrible suit.

just seen mairead on the repeat..she is quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've moved the TMO thread from TV to Reality TV and merged with the existing ~3400 post thread there.

The warning in the OP still applies (from this point forward). Please read the it before continuing the discussion. Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

The women on this show are so fussy and shallow I mean some of them are no lookers I dont know why they are so pickie ..beggers cant be choosers

• Advertisement

the irish version is terrible compared to the uk version. the men on here cant dress and the women are just cat looking!!the studio sounds like its empty aswell..no atmosphere, bit cringe really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Christ on a bicycle - just watching the repeat of the last show now. Is it a pisstake?? Ok - the first guy definitely didn't deserve a blackout, but what's with all the bad singers? And why do all the girls have facial piercings? I've nothing against them - I quite like piercings - but there are a disproportionate amount of them hanging around! AND THE HAIRSTYLES!!! :eek:

I thought the Irish were great for the banter, but there's not a witty comment between the lot of them. Just ridiculous smut considering they know how many people who know them will see the show!

I've had my face in my hands about five times so far in pure cringe moments. Car crash tv at its finest!!!

Just watching the new UK take me out. The Standard is a billion times ahead of the Irish Version. Everyone is model like.

theres no comaprison between uk and irish version plus mcguinness is top drawer at presenting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Carson10 wrote: »
    Just watching the new UK take me out. The Standard is a billion times ahead of the Irish Version. Everyone is model like.

Watching that now too - didn't realise it was even on until your comment! Lazy Saturday night. :D

Yeah - UK is so much better. I couldn't get over the insulting "compliments" in the Irish version. Paraphrasing here:

"I'll give him a chance I suppose" - said about fifteen times.

"Yeah, he's scruffy but he could be fixed up." (Said by a girl who then went on to talk about how she fixed up her ex!)

"He looks like my brother. Which I suppose is a bad thing."

At least in the English version the girls say nice things to the guy they might be interested in.

Watching that now too - didn't realise it was even on until your comment! Lazy Saturday night. :D

Everyone on it is far more polite towards each-other. Even if someone does silly stuff, you can tell they are unique and accepted. If that was the Irish one they'd be classed as an alien.

Think id much prefer to be at the Take Me Out UK after-party :D

Ah you get the odd Mairead every now and then which would make you think 'How did she slip through the system?' :)

Unsurprisingly she wasn't long on it.

You'd have to wonder about the ones that are on it week after week after week, and still have the greatest notions about themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

quikquest wrote: »
    Aren't all the girls "extras" as in their with an agency to try get into tv shoes, movies etc

I know Shariha is a model. Scraping the bottom of the barrel going on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

you have to love the way some of the munters turn on off their lights as if they are not interested when clearly they know they just won't be picked themselves. And they give a smart arse put down along with it

That, and how when one light goes about 5 or 6 more do due to the fact most of them are so feckin' impressionable lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I didn't know the Irish version was back on TV but I ofton watch the British series and it's a lot better IMO.

The women are very good looking but they all give the lads a chance and don't cut the ground from under the men with bitchy comments like we have seen on the show on TV3.

I've seen it on the last series where comments have been made about the mens appearance, if the situation was reversed there would be uproar.

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    you have to love the way some of the munters turn on off their lights as if they are not interested when clearly they know they just won't be picked themselves. And they give a smart arse put down along with it

That, and how when one light goes about 5 or 6 more do due to the fact most of them are so feckin' impressionable lol

Ah no thats not it now....its because Bruce Willis hasnt signed up yet....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

you have to love the way some of the munters turn on off their lights

Maybe they just know they look better in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The missus had it taped so I watched it last night.

Mairead was a pretty girl who's head wasn't up her own arse, but not sure why she picked the lad from "Kirry" (at least that's where I think he said he was from....):rolleyes: He had a seriously strong accent. She could definitely have done better and stayed around for more than 1 show!

Couple of WTF lines:
    1. That'd be the only thing flicking :eek:
    2. I like a man who can hold his breath while he goes down for a long time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    After the first 4 guys we had 119 lights out out of a possible 120. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Crazy stuff. If you lined up 30 Playboy bunnies in the US you wouldn't get that if the contestants were average Joe's. These women are delusional. Tarted up to the nines and casting aspertion on lads who were in their league if not above.

The majority of the women seem to be on the show to try and boost their careers (lol) or raise their own profile in some way.

The lads in fairness aren't help by their own mumbling, but the videos (when TV3 even make them) aren't exactly high production quality and don't help much either. The stage and set up is awful and the sound is APPALLING - easy fixes one would have thought?

Foley as a host is awkward, and seems to be as annoyed with the girls as most of the posters here!

The girls on the UK version come across as much friendlier and willing to give a guy a chance at least.

I might continue to watch it but only for the car crash elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Mairead was a pretty girl who's head wasn't up her own arse, but not sure why she picked the lad from "Kirry" (at least that's where I think he said he was from....:rolleyes: He had a seriously strong accent. She could definitely have done better and stayed around for more than 1 show!

Couple of WTF lines:
    1. That'd be the only think flicking :eek:
    2. I like a man who can hold his breath while he goes down for a long time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    After the first 4 guys we had 119 lights out out of a possible 120. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Crazy stuff. If you lined up 30 Playboy bunnies in the US you wouldn't get that if the contestants were average Joe's. These women are delusional. Tarted up to the nines and casting aspertion on lads who were in their league if not above.

The majority of the women seem to be on the show to try and boost their careers (lol) or raise their own rofile in some way.

The lads in fairness aren't help by their own mumbling, but the videos (when TV3 even make them) aren't exactly high production quality and don't help much either. The stage and set up is awful and the sound is APPALLING - easy fixes one would have thought?

Foley as a host is awkward, and seems to be as annoyed with the girls as most of the posters here!

The girls on the UK version come across as much friendlier and willing to give a guy a chance at least.

Have to laugh how you slag the girls for being shallow/up their own backside etc.... yet you slam one bloke for the mortal sin of being from Kerry :confused:

The girls in the UK version are not friendlier, rather they are looking for the TV time. They are actually models or wannabe models. Hence you seen them choose a guy and then on the date they instantly decide he is "not their type". The added tv exposure of going on a date does them no harm :p

Have to laugh how you slag the girls for being shallow/up their own backside etc.... yet you slam one bloke for the mortal sin of being from Kerry :confused:

The girls in the UK version are not friendlier, rather they are looking for the TV time. They are actually models or wannabe models. Hence you seen them choose a guy and then on the date they instantly decide he is "not their type". The added tv exposure of going on a date does them no harm :p

Was going to make the same point myself, cheek of the man having a Kerry accent.
    In fairness to him he got the best of the bunch, although she seemed a bit confused as to what the emergency number is in ireland, 911 over 999
    and she a nurse :P

Wasn't slagging him for being from Kerry per se, more his accent - which was practically indecipherable. My OH is from the North - she had not got a clue what he was saying. For balance, the diction, grammar and accents of some of the Dublin girls was shocking, cringeworthy and embarrasing. My comment wasn't intended as a Dublin/country thing.

AT LEAST THE ENGLISH GIRLS GO ON A FRICKING DATE! I go back to 119 lights out out of a possible 120. You would not get that on the English show. And before anyone says you get a holiday on the English version I doubt there was ever a show that featured stats like that back when Fernandos was a drink backstage a la Shifters.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if the girls are going for a complete "blackout" show.

Was going to make the same point myself, cheek of the man having a Kerry accent.
    In fairness to him he got the best of the bunch, although she seemed a bit confused as to what the emergency number is in ireland, 911 over 999
    and she a nurse :P

Please see my clarification above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Mairead was a pretty girl who's head wasn't up her own arse, but not sure why she picked the lad from "Kirry" (at least that's where I think he said he was from....):rolleyes: He had a seriously strong accent. She could definitely have done better and stayed around for more than 1 show!

Couple of WTF lines:
    1. That'd be the only thing flicking :eek:

The majority of the women seem to be on the show to try and boost their careers (lol) or raise their own profile in some way.

You've seen nothing yet!! I was at the filming of this last year and one of the girls was asked why she turned off her light? Her reply was something along the lines of 'hes nice but I'm not wet'

Hope it doesn't get cut!!

I have to say though, I met a lot of the girls in the series and they were all lovely and just did the show for the craic. They don't deserve a lot of the stick they are getting!

Please see my clarification above.

Ya I agree some of the diction isn't the easiest to understand. I'd imagine the Kerry fella's accent would be difficult to understand for people from the north or Dublin (or maybe away from the south west of Ireland).

It's a show that falls somewhere between so bad its bad
    or so bad its almost good

• Advertisement

Wasn't slagging him for being from Kerry per se, more his accent - which was practically indecipherable. My OH is from the North - she had not got a clue what he was saying. For balance, the diction, grammar and accents of some of the Dublin girls was shocking, cringeworthy and embarrasing. My comment wasn't intended as a Dublin/country thing.

AT LEAST THE ENGLISH GIRLS GO ON A FRICKING DATE! I go back to 119 lights out out of a possible 120. You would not get that on the English show. And before anyone says you get a holiday on the English version I doubt there was ever a show that featured stats like that back when Fernandos was a drink backstage a la Shifters.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if the girls are going for a complete "blackout" show.

iirc, when the 1st series was being filmed in Ireland, the producers had to stop filming because as soon a lad walked out, all lights went out.
    The girls were told to at least sometimes leave the light on for a bit to make the round last longer.

They have fair high standards in fairness

Advertisement