Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

he got through and golf guy didnt..these women need to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

out of tune perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

You honestly can't fault the girls for a blackout when that's the standard of the guys they have to choose from! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You honestly can't fault the girls for a blackout when that's the standard of the guys they have to choose from! :pac:

Have you looked at the women?!

fullstop wrote: »

Have you looked at the women?!

Yes, and I'd turn off a lot of their lights too, that's what the guys get to do if they don't get a blackout- they get to choose what girl they want to take out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Yes, and I'd turn off a lot of their lights too, that's what the guys get to do if they don't get a blackout- they get to choose what girl they want to take out.

I'm aware of how the show works, thanks. You made a comment about the standard of guys, with the exception of 2 or 3 the standard of women is hardly hectic is it...

fullstop wrote: »

I'm aware of how the show works, thanks. You made a comment about the standard of guys, with the exception of 2 or 3 the standard of women is hardly hectic is it...

Haha, no, no it's not, to be fair, I'll grant you that much. Just what I couldn't get as I read through this thread thus far is why some posters took it far, FAR too seriously, when it's only supposed to be a light hearted entertainment show!

We're hardly talking marriage proposals here in all fairness! :D

Niamh who was beside Mairead last week and Linda who is 3rd from the far left are about the best remaining bar one or two others.

Yer one still looking for Bruce Willis is a total and utter disgrace. Im sorry to sound shallow but to be that picky and nothing to offer herself is just a joke!

No way did that second lad deserve a black out....and just because of his hobby. Honestly a shower of morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The girl who's a comedian and then got such a long awkward silence afterwards :P
    To be fair to her she's enjoyable and entertaining, then again, weakness for the hot redheads :P
    cosmic wrote: »
    Woah! Did Linda just say that she likes Aryans? Or did I hear that wrong? F*ck me!
    Yes, yes she did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭santana75

msthe80s wrote: »
    "Too small."
    "Trousers too trousery."
    "Shirt too shirty."
    "Hair too long."
    "Name too different."

"He breathes....."

There was one girl on last night who said she turned off her light because the lads name wasnt Trevor??? That was insane. The guy who was a groundskeeper at a golf club seemed sure of a date. He was a good looking bloke, tall, not badly dressed or anything but then......lights out. Does it matter that much what someone does for a living? Jesus you could do way worse than work outdoors in nature. Some of those girls just dont seem to be the full shilling altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

santana75 wrote: »
    There was one girl on last night who said she turned off her light because the lads name wasnt Trevor??? That was insane. The guy who was a groundskeeper at a golf club seemed sure of a date. He was a good looking bloke, tall, not badly dressed or anything but then......lights out. Does it matter that much what someone does for a living? Jesus you could do way worse than work outdoors in nature. Some of those girls just dont seem to be the full shilling altogether.

I think a lot of them are afraid to be talkin' to by Ray.

santana75 wrote: »

I know that girl to see her around the college i go to :) Probably one of the better looking girls but i cant believe she actually said that on tv. Good god above Jesus wept.

There is a reason most of these are single and id agree they cant be the full ticket. There is a few lunatics dragged in off the street by the looks of things.

The comedian girl i have to say is funny and probably one of the best of them. At least you'd get a laugh out of her and she is pretty tbf to her. I doubt Bruce Willis would be too impressed with his suitor though :D

I like the red head, she's hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Men can be equally fussy, ever see love machine both for men and women. They just as fussy as girls on take me out. Though would say choice of lads this year has improved.

doovdela wrote: »
    Men can be equally fussy, ever see love machine both for men and women. They just as fussy as girls on take me out. Though would say choice of lads this year has improved.

I don't think the men are as fussy, unless they're very hot, which the girls on take me out can't say they are.

The women on the LM seem to just make up excuses as to why they're not picking the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Watching this now, some lad got a blackout for playing golf!? Harsh...

df1985 wrote: »
    Watching this now, some lad got a blackout for playing golf!? Harsh...

Would you listen to a whole evening on the intricacies of grass cutting?

That's all he was going on about in his VT.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

what was wrong with the golf guy?
    and the last guy seemed sound and even had a decent singing voice

typical irish fussy girls, bunch of morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

the show would be so much better if there was a decent date up for grabs rather than shifters. The girls are obviously just out to have their mugs on the TV as much as possible! But I guess that's part of its "charm". The blackouts are beyond ridiculous at this stage though. I bet most of those girls woulda gone off with that tall golfer in the pub after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

the show would be so much better if there was a decent date up for grabs rather than shifters. The girls are obviously just out to have their mugs on the TV as much as possible! But I guess that's part of its "charm". The blackouts are beyond ridiculous at this stage though. I bet most of those girls woulda gone off with that tall golfer in the pub after.

Do they not go away somewhere on the uk version?

Ya I think it would but then again, pub scene not always best for a first date unless it friends very casual thing.

Though if they did what love machine and what blind date did go away on holiday or a break/trip away somewhere break the ice a bit? Or have an option of three places to go on a date one of them picks it.

I'm not sure if true but some might actually be actors not certain.

I haven't seen all of last nights episode yet so can't comment on it. Maybe everyone is different. Sometimes love finds away in mysterious ways either closer to home or away from home.

doovdela wrote: »

Do they not go away somewhere on the uk version?

Ya I think it would but then again, pub scene not always best for a first date unless it friends very casual thing.away from home.

The Irish TMO is actually only done and recorded over three days, so it's pretty much done on the cheap, but they all head out for drinks afterwards and stay in touch on FB, etc, compared to the UK TMO which has a much bigger budget.

I only watched the first show of TLM and haven't watched it since, Stacey Solomon might be a lovely looking girl and all but my god her voice when she talks, goes through my head! Dunno what Chris Moyles was doing there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,384 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some of the women this year are nice looking in fairness, but every season they seem to come out with the same lines to the men like "you look like my brother" , "you look just like my ex" or else a comment about the guys build, clothes or hair.

Seems strange that they are saying the same things over 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

the majority of women on it are not interested in a date but merely crave the attention and media coverage the show brings,however limited that may be.to prolong their time in the spotlight they will obviously do whatever they can to stay on the show as long as possible i.e by turning down every lad they are presented with for any ridiculous reason:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I know the kristian guy who got the date. Fair play to him. His magic has come on a good bit since i last saw him, and tbh i wouldve expected him to get a lot of lights out just for even attempting magic

• Registered Users Posts: 9 murphys12

this has got to be the WORST television show ever, absoloutely dire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Mairead was a babe, in fairness, way too high calibre to be on the Irish version of it, reminds me of Malin Ackerman! BABE!

Malin-Akerman.jpg
    this has got to be the WORST television show ever, absoloutely dire!!
    agreed there are times I have to switch channel the cringe is that bad, this is coming from a former day time tv viewer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

At least the guy who played golf doesnt have to worry about his looks.

Im not really loving the foregin girls but I love the heavy ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Mairead was a babe, in fairness, way too high calibre to be on the Irish version of it, reminds me of Malin Ackerman! BABE!

Malin-Akerman.jpg

agreed there are times I have to switch channel the cringe is that bad, this is coming from a former day time tv viewer!

Now hang on a second. Mairead was hot, but not Malin Akerman hot!

Not the best pic of Malin there by the way! Must google Malin.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Not the best pic of Malin there by the way! Must google Malin.....
    Oh Iv google imaged her alright, didnt want to take the best one, because as you say, that comparison might be a bit OTT ;)

Advertisement