Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Raekwon wrote: »
    remember to tune into the real Take Me Out on ITV!"[/I]
    [audience applause]

:D

I hate this nonsense! The girls on the UK version turn out their lights just as much as the girls on the Irish show, yet never face half as much criticism.

They come up with the same reasons for turning off their lights as the Irish girls.

The contestants vary just as much in attractiveness depending on your taste (I'm thinking of the girl with the glassless frames on the UK show, what's that about? There are a couple of others, like the woman in her forties who came on last, last week!). They wouldn't be my particular taste, but there are plenty of girls on the Irish show that I would consider attractive, the same as on the UK show.

Ray Foley is a terrible host and the show is made on a budget of about €100 to cover the cost of the sparkling wine they serve in the backstage area they call "shifters".

TV3 should never have tried to make this show when they weren't going to do it properly. The problem isn't the guys or the girls, the problem is the pìss poor production!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Czarcasm wrote: »
    TV3 should never have tried to make this show when they weren't going to do it properly. The problem isn't the guys or the girls, the problem is the pìss poor production!

I dunno, he sort of has a point.

For example if they switched contestants I still think that the UK version would be miles better, even with Ray Foley and a shoe string budget with Shifters backstage was the UK one. On the flipside if Paddy McGuinness hosted the Irish one and we had a better studio and a sun holiday it would still be the embarrassing cringe inducing mess that it already is.

I really feel that the contestants make the show, having a good presenter obviously really helps, but you cannot blame everything on production. That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The funny thing is that even if they do get some chippendales or former boyband members on the show like was mentioned above, these bints would probably still complain, in fact its pretty much guaranteed!

Ray Foley: "So why did you turn your light off Contestant #1?"
    Contestant #1: "He's too gud lookin' Foley, he'd probably take all da attention away from me"
    Ray Foley: "Contestant #2, not your cup of tea either?"
    Contestant #2: "Naaa, he's too skinny Ray, I'd probably break him with my fat arse"
    Ray Foley: "Eh, okay......and what about you Contestant #3, why on earth did somebody as ugly as you turn your light off?"
    Contestant #3: "He's not good enough for me Foley, in fact no man ever will be. My self-esteem is so low that I use rejection as a weapon and I actually get a buzz out of putting male contestants down. I know, I really should cop myself on and lower my standards drastically, but I really can't think for myself and just go along with the other female contestants. So in all honesty Ray, I'm a total lost cause, especially since I'm 21 and look around 30".
    Ray Foley: "Well at least you're being honest, oh and by the way, I quit, so TV3 you can shove this bullshít job where the sun doesn't shine! Goodnight everybody and remember to tune into the real Take Me Out on ITV!"
    [audience applause]

:D

That's about the only way I'll ever watch again....

Phat Cat wrote: »

I dunno, he sort of has a point.

For example if they switched contestants I still think that the UK version would be miles better, even with Ray Foley and a shoe string budget with Shifters backstage was the UK one. On the flipside if Paddy McGuinness hosted the Irish one and we had a better studio and a sun holiday it would still be the embarrassing cringe inducing mess that it already is.

I really feel that the contestants make the show, having a good presenter obviously really helps, but you cannot blame everything on production. That's just my opinion.

Well given that the Irish show is only recorded over three days and all the participants just want to fcuk off to coppers for the free drink I imagine the motivation just isn't there to bother their àrse going on dates, etc. Most of the contestants just go on it for the laugh and it's not meant to be taken so seriously as Raekwon's post which just comes across like a guy who's so incredibly bitter because he couldn't pull a Christmas cracker, let alone a girl on a night out.

It just comes across like "Oh it can't be me because I'm perfect, these girls are the usual stereotype Irish girls up themselves" nonsense. I've never come across this particular stereotype myself, but then I don't think I'm god either.

We all laugh at the Tallafornia girls for going out and getting with guys and denigrate them as idiots, etc, yet when girls just don't fancy a guy they're also idiots. A girl can't win! Well, not on the internet at least! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Raekwon's post which just comes across like a guy who's so incredibly bitter because he couldn't pull a Christmas cracker, let alone a girl on a night out.

This coming from a person who sits in and watches Take Me Out & Tallafornia every weekend while simultaneously commenting about them on an internet forum?

Brilliant! :D

• Advertisement

This coming from a person who sits in and watches Take Me Out & Tallafornia every weekend while simultaneously commenting about them on an internet forum?

Brilliant! :D

Notwithstanding the fact my good man that I'm married 16 years already and they've invented in the meantime this crazy thing called sky plus, not to mention the fact that there are another four nights in the week when I can go out (I stay in on Saturday nights too and watch the English one because sky plus doesn't work on ITV! :D), and still when I go out I meet girls who are always up for a friendly chat and a laugh and when I tell them I'm married they're cool with it and we can still have a laugh and a chat.

One of my best friends I remember we started chatting and ten minutes later I was showing her at the time baby photos on my phone while we were out in the smoking area! :pac:

I will admit though that I don't go out wearing "desperation" cologne and can hold a conversation with the opposite sex without descending into "how do you like your eggs in the morning?" territory! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ray makes joke bout how the weights are probably half the weight of some of the contestants, show is edited so that there's no interaction between him and then between that round and the next one....Guess it went down badly

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

That Tasha girl, the comedienne, is she famous in any way for her comedy? Has anyone seen her in action? I think she is pretty witty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ladjacket wrote: »
    That Tasha girl, the comedienne, is she famous in any way for her comedy? Has anyone seen her in action? I think she is pretty witty
    was in the savage eye once i think

if u google tasha comedian ireland you're bound to find a clip or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭santana75

Can this get any worse? Jesus its almost unwatchable at this stage. The standard of women on the show is desperate.......I dont think theres even one looker in the bunch. Even foley is starting to slag them off. His joke about 80kg being half the weight of some of the girls was funny. Whole thing looks like its filmed in a shed and the editing is shocking, conversations are cut off mid sentence all over the place. If this show was a horse it would've been on a shelf in tesco ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Getting awfully sick of the Tasha one's joke, was funny at the start, now you wish she'd just answer the bloody question.
    The fella that was breakdancing had socks on that mysteriously disappeared once he picked the girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

is described on the official webiste as the "hilariously funny show"...ya can say that again!

tonight was just too funny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mairtin.l

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Looks like she is only on show to promote her comedy career so it cant b going that well.

she annoys then fook out of me more than any of the others..women arent funny,never intentionally anyway...

mairtin.l wrote: »
    Looks like she is only on show to promote her comedy career so it cant b going that well.

I was thinking this myself. Either that or shes not the full shillin' at all. She;ll have her light on and say she wants to marry whatever dude happens to be standing beside ray. But 10 secs later, lights out. Everytime she does this. She has to be just hanging in there in the hopes that somebody from TV3 will think shes funny and give her a job on da telly. Somebody needs to be honest with her and tell her the brutal truth that shes just not funny. And its not as case of people not getting her humour or thinking that women cant be funny, they can. Fair enough, theres a lot more funny men than funny women in the world, but in Tasha's case shes one of these people thats just devoid of the funny gene, and she not even aware of the fact.

Still would :)

santana75 wrote: »
    I was thinking this myself. Either that or shes not the full shillin' at all. She;ll have her light on and say she wants to marry whatever dude happens to be standing beside ray. But 10 secs later, lights out. Everytime she does this. She has to be just hanging in there in the hopes that somebody from TV3 will think shes funny and give her a job on da telly. Somebody needs to be honest with her and tell her the brutal truth that shes just not funny. And its not as case of people not getting her humour or thinking that women cant be funny, they can. Fair enough, theres a lot more funny men than funny women in the world, but in Tasha's case shes one of these people thats just devoid of the funny gene, and she not even aware of the fact.

please give me one example of a funny woman in any medium?Im not being sexist as females have many skills and talents above and beyond men but humour and wit is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

i've never seen such a bunch of bet down shallow common as muck girls in one place until i seen this show. talk about scrapping the barrel. surely these lads can do better down the local pub, i just dont get why a man would go on this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Any bloke happy enough to go in this show to hook with blatantly shallow thick women deserve what they get.Though the women in it are so dumb if you had half a brain you could talk their underwear off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

please give me one example of a funny woman in any medium?Im not being sexist as females have many skills and talents above and beyond men but humour and wit is not one of them.

I'm going to take the troll bait. In real life, I know as many funny women as I do men. Being funny has everything to do with how you interpret the world and nothing to do with your sex and/or gender.

Generally speaking, women are conditioned to make other people feel comfortable, and will often laugh at lame jokes so as not to hurt the other person's feelings and smooth over situations. Perhaps that makes some men think they're funnier than they actually are? Conversely, men are often conditioned to be more forthright and vocal (often essential in verbal humour), and society generally accepts that, while not being as accepting of those traits in women.

For example, you could give the same comedy material to a male performer and a female performer, have them deliver it a similar fashion, and some people would still think that the man was funny and the woman wasn't. It's just the way they view the world.

yes troll bait indeed..i notice anyone who disagrees with anyone/anything is automatically labelled one of these...we will agree to disagree,enjoy your jo brand box set haha

yes troll bait indeed..i notice anyone who disagrees with anyone/anything is automatically labelled one of these...we will agree to disagree,enjoy your jo brand box set haha

You repeated your assertion twice, looking for a bite. I bit, in the futile hope of putting across another perspective.

Nowhere did I mention that I'm a fan of Jo Brand (I'm not, but by god, what a burn, maybe you'll call me out on my penchant for hairy armpits and dungarees next, ho ho ho, you're gas!).

i think im in love

Jennifer Anniston is naturally funny. Even in her serious roles(the good girl for example)she'll deliver some good comedic moments that other actresses just find impossible. I mean comedy is like Kryptonite to Keira knightley and natalie portman but Anniston definitely has a funny gene that thos two lack. Think Kaley Couco from the big bang theory is pretty funny aswell. Ditto for Claudia winkleman. And on a personal level I have a friend who is really funny, her sense of humour is very bloke-like so she cracks me up.
    Gloveworm wrote: »
    For example, you could give the same comedy material to a male performer and a female performer, have them deliver it a similar fashion, and some people would still think that the man was funny and the woman wasn't. It's just the way they view the world.

Not so sure about that. There are definitely funny women in the world, just think they're in the minority and that the funny gene is more prominant in men than women. Watch the movie The heartbreak kid(ben stiller)Jerry stiller has a great speech about women and the funny gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

A full house, four guys got a date. That's good going that rarely happens! Maybe the talent guys is improving??

doovdela wrote: »
    A full house, four guys got a date. That's good going that rarely happens! Maybe the talent guys is improving??

ah the expectation levels from the females always plummet towards the end of a series. some are happy they have got their 15 mins and can also say they got a date:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

ah the expectation levels from the females always plummet towards the end of a series. some are happy they have got their 15 mins and can also say they got a date:)

Ya I noticed that sometimes they get sick of being on it too long and just don't hold out any longer some still hang in there. Though one of them got a date as soon as she came on the show! While others are a bit impatient but the penny drops eventually and hang on.

Jennifer Anniston is naturally funny. Even in her serious roles(the good girl for example)she'll deliver some good comedic moments that other actresses just find impossible. I mean comedy is like Kryptonite to Keira knightley and natalie portman but Anniston definitely has a funny gene that thos two lack. Think Kaley Couco from the big bang theory is pretty funny aswell. Ditto for Claudia winkleman. And on a personal level I have a friend who is really funny, her sense of humour is very bloke-like so she cracks me up.

i am not doubting some female actresses can deliver funny material when written for them but ive never seen a single funny stand up comedian who has to write their own act. women i know do make me laugh but always for the wrong reasons:)i do have a very particular sense of humour though,i.e NOT mrs.browns boys:D:D

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that. There are definitely funny women in the world, just think they're in the minority and that the funny gene is more prominant in men than women. Watch the movie The heartbreak kid(ben stiller)Jerry stiller has a great speech about women and the funny gene.

I know we're completely off topic at this point (btw, Take Me Out Ireland is cringefest and everyone involved should be shot with a ball of their own shíte) and I've a million things I want to say on this topic, but I doubt I'll change anyone's mind on the subject if they're set in their opinion.

Instead, I'll just quote Tina Fey, and leave it at that:

"I think of this whenever someone says to me, "Jerry Lewis says 'women aren't funny,' or Christopher Hitchens says 'women aren't funny,' or Rick Fenderman says 'women aren't funny'…. Do you have anything to say to that?"

Yes. We don't ****ing care if you like it.

I don't say it out loud, of course, because Jerry Lewis is a great philanthropist, Hitchens is very sick, and the third guy I made up.

Unless one of these men is my boss, which none of them is, it's irrelevant. My hat goes off to them. It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist."

Advertisement