Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

AT LAST SOMEONE BROUGHT UP TINA FEY

646.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

I was going to go with Sarah Silverman...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

That Tasha girl is about as funny as Ray Foley. As in not very.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

pookiesboo wrote: »

funny as cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Gloveworm wrote: »

Unless one of these men is my boss, which none of them is, it's irrelevant. My hat goes off to them. It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist."

To be fair I did say there are funny women(and I'd include Tina fey and amy poehler on that list)in the world. I just dont think there are as many funny women as men.
    Maybe amongst themselves women think they're funny and that men just arent on the same comedy wavelength. That what a man will class as funny isnt what a woman would?? But at the same time I've been to comedy shows where theres been male and female stand ups and the male comedians get a definite better response than the female comedians. And thats from an audience composed of men and women.

Anyway something bizarre happend on last nights show. A guy came out, his name was mark. He was the basketball player and definitely a good looking lad (I actually know this fella and he's a nice guy too). All was going well until he mentioned he's a part-time model. At this point most of the girls turned off their lights????? I cant figure that one out at all. I wouldve thought that him being a model was a positive thing. I mean if it was 30 blokes and one girl and she said she was a model, not one man would turn off his light, for sure. Its crazy. Maybe they're insecure and would think theyre not good enough to date a model? I cant think of any other explanation for that response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

santana75 wrote: »
    Maybe they're insecure and would think theyre not good enough to date a model? I cant think of any other explanation for that response.

There is no maybe about it, they are all very insecure girls with very low self-esteem. What you see on the show is just false confidence. When they put guys down, or turn their lights off to attractive/charming guys, its only just a front to save face and not to look desperate in front of the other girls. Its actually quite sad but in my opinion its a fair enough reflection of the dating scene in Ireland, hence the reason alcohol is relyed on so heavily by both sexes, and especially by men.

EDIT: Its also the main reason why the UK show is miles better then the Irish show. The contestants are way more confident on the UK show and everybody seems happy in their own skin over there which in turn cuts out all of the awkwardness and bitchiness that we see over here. It also makes the banter and flirting seem much more natural and makes the show overall seem like a much more enjoyable experience for both the contestants and the viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

at times watching this is more awkward than when you were a kid watching tv with your folks and the sex scene came on, its that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Phat Cat wrote: »
    There is no maybe about it, they are all very insecure girls with very low self-esteem. What you see on the show is just false confidence. When they put guys down, or turn their lights off to attractive/charming guys, its only just a front to save face and not to look desperate in front of the other girls. Its actually quite sad but in my opinion its a fair enough reflection of the dating scene in Ireland, hence the reason alcohol is relyed on so heavily by both sexes, and especially by men.

EDIT: Its also the main reason why the UK show is miles better then the Irish show. The contestants are way more confident on the UK show and everybody seems happy in their own skin over there which in turn cuts out all of the awkwardness and bitchiness that we see over here. It also makes the banter and flirting seem much more natural and makes the show overall seem like a much more enjoyable experience for both the contestants and the viewers.

Yeah I'd say theres some truth to that theory. Theres actually a name in psychology for it(polar compensation something or other). Where someone would think so badly of themselves and be so insecure that they reject and put others down in an attempt to bring themselves up.
    The UK take me out was on last night aswell(repeat I think) and some lad with dredlocks came out. I thought he was gonna be ripped apart. But the girls were really nice to him and he even scored himself a date. I fear had he been on the irish version he'd need counselling after to repair his shattered self esteem.

pookiesboo wrote: »

She may not be funny (or as funny as she thinks she is) and she may be fierce fussy altogether but she is really pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

santana75 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say theres some truth to that theory. Theres actually a name in psychology for it(polar compensation something or other). Where someone would think so badly of themselves and be so insecure that they reject and put others down in an attempt to bring themselves up.
    The UK take me out was on last night aswell(repeat I think) and some lad with dredlocks came out. I thought he was gonna be ripped apart. But the girls were really nice to him and he even scored himself a date. I fear had he been on the irish version he'd need counselling after to repair his shattered self esteem.

She may not be funny (or as funny as she thinks she is) and she may be fierce fussy altogether but she is really pretty.

You give these women far too much credit.

Irish women can be daunting to approach when in groups, but women in the UK are not a whole different breed that are more accomodating and easier to get along with.

Most of the girls on that show are models/wannabe television presenters and are only too happy to go on a date in order to secure themselves more TV time. Hence, the amount of girls who seem keen but from minute one of the "date" they are waxing lyrical about how he's "not their type" :D

I'm actually more concerned about what kind of bloke goes on this show, you would want to be some prat in fairness. the girls are having a laugh more than anything from what I can see.

There are many girls on there who simply turn off their light when the girl next to them turns theirs off, theres not a single independent thought.

To use the UK version to compare Irish and British girls in general, is farcical though. Half of the British girls are headhunted and are simply airheads who see it as their opportunity to be on tv :D

I know 2 of the girls who were on the Irish version and there is a certain kind of girl who goes on this, one isn't even single lol

They are the kind of girl who likes to court publicity on facebook on the like, developing a bit of a following amongst lads on social networks etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I thought it was quite heart-warming last night when the Sharon Shannon leg-breaking fella, who god love him was not a looker, got a date with your one who was very pretty and they both seemed delighted with themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Models NEVER do well on Take Me Out. Allow me to present, Damion, from Take Me Out UK-

Derp :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

mention you're a model and its curtains. "ah jayzus no way, too many girls will be looking at him instead of me". the irony of it is they keep asking for the tall dark handsome man with model looks and as soon as he comes out he's too good looking for them. :rolleyes:

i'll say it again, i just hope this show is'nt representative of young irish women in there early 20's today. i just dont know where they get the inflated attitude from, especially since 80% are no lookers.

also, surely if there is one light left and your one happens to look like she was hit by a bus, the fella should be able to say "ah your grand, i'll head home alone".

but as others have said its better not to see this show as a dating show because its not really, there are about 1/3 there for a dat, another 1/3 to try get some sort of tv career whether that to be a female comedian, or a slot in the next series of tallafornia and another 1/3 are there just for a laugh.

that Damien guy in that video was brilliant. there is no way he would be that stupid to say all the things he sai, he was on it for a laugh since he knows he can get girls either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There was definitely an instant attraction which was very noticeable between Mark and Meave! As soon as he gave her the basketball it was obvious he pick her and she played it cool, coy yet still showing her intentions that she liked him! Must been a twinkle in his eye to say he had her picked out before the final round! I say they should get on very well!

The lads are doing well, full house again. You'd wonder its touch and go for those who have one light left though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

dannyc31 wrote: »

i'll say it again, i just hope this show is'nt representative of young irish women in there early 20's today. i just dont know where they get the inflated attitude from, especially since 80% are no lookers.

Nope. It's definitely not representative of young Irish women. It would be an insult to most Irish women to compare them to the thickos on this show. I can't get over the ugly munters complaining that the lads aren't good looking? As if they would pull them in the first place!!

A test - Open your mouth and let your lower jaw hang down, and talk. This is most of the people on this show. They can't even make intelligent jokes, and look like extras off Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

That Tasha one is a right bint. She has no interest in leaving her light on and only wants to get noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Telling Mimi that tandem parachute jump was with a bike was gold though all she needed was a few words in her ear and she made her look like a complete air head. That said I think Mimi is the most tasty out of all of them.

not1but4 wrote: »
    Telling Mimi that tandem parachute jump was with a bike was gold though all she needed was a few words in her ear and she made her look like a complete air head. That said I think Mimi is the most tasty out of all of them.

Mimi is definitely worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

she is wearing a wedding dress

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was is the unfunny ginja one wearing a wedding dress?

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    That Tasha one is a right bint. She has no interest in leaving her light on and only wants to get noticed.

She has gone on a date finally :eek: poor fella

Is Jimmy English related to Johnny English :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She has gone on a date finally :eek: poor fella

Is Jimmy English related to Johnny English :p

Comedienne? I own to god.
    Just turned on, what happened, why was she wearing a dress?

Last show no wonder Tasha went on a date so :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

anyone know ambers surname (last on the right), sure i recognise her from somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

They were a bit over enthusiastic at the end!!! :) Full house again!!

Ah your man did well, marrying Tash ha ha its obvious she is a comedian! The dress said it all she was not going to give up after 10 weeks and be sure to just date who ever!

Emma got a date in the end at least!

Improvement on the guys at least though...will the girls from the end of this series be on in the next series or do they do a new set of girls for the show?

Keep you interested in watching the show just to see how things go for the couples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

doovdela wrote: »
    Emma got a date in the end at least!

I really really liked her :o
    Improvement on the guys at least though...will the girls from the end of this series be on in the next series or do they do a new set of girls for the show?

New set of participants every series I'm afraid, but they all stay in touch AFAIK on facebook, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Please not another series....make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I doubt there will be another series - I don't think the show even got into the Top 20 of the week on TV3 after the initial first few shows this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

tasha has her eye on ray foleys job on this i think. Im glad to see the back of her all the same though

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sypeons

Phat Cat wrote: »

Absolutely spot on, just thinking along the same lines after watching shows from both sides of the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MKJNR

sypeons wrote: »
    Absolutely spot on, just thinking along the same lines after watching shows from both sides of the water.

I agree, I would love to see Jason Byrne instead of boring Ray Foley doing the show, I reckon he will bring some live to it!

Advertisement