Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

LouMc147 wrote: »
    Thanks Mr Loverman!! Had a great time doing the show!! Sone of the comments about me on here took the shine off it for about 5 mins but I'm over it now!! Looking forward to next weeks show!!

To all the haters....don't watch it if you think it's that awful!! Get up off your jacksies and get out and enjoy yourself!! I know I will be :)

Try not to take the comments personally. Everyone on TV gets abuse from the public. It's just the way it goes. I read the comments on TMZ and the abuse there is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Watched it yesterday and was pleasently susrpised....it was the typical trash tv that I was expecting it to be but the laid back attitude of it all (contestants too) was refreshing I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LouMc147

basquille wrote: »
    OK.. so to stop this thread becoming an utter trainwreck (and be inevitably locked), I'm gonna ask for the following:

No personal insults against any of the contestants on the show from now on. They've put themselve in the public limelight but the petty and snide remarks from people on this thread are just downright childish.

Any comments will be deleted and users will be recieve infractions, and bannings for repeat offences.

Thanks kids!

Thank you!! I know I should rise above it but those people don't know me and needed to vent to feel better! I knew there would be some stick about the show...it is complete cheese but personal attacks are not on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LouMc147

Try not to take the comments personally. Everyone on TV gets abuse from the public. It's just the way it goes. I read the comments on TMZ and the abuse there is savage!

Oh God...I'm gonna have to check out TMZ now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lizd66

to all who made comments about Take me out. these r real people that you all are talking about. the show was ment to be for a laugh and not to be taken serious. and all the girls and guys who went on it were up for a laugh. so come down of ur high horses and get a life have you all got nothing better to be doing with ur time than slagging of people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Liz,

We've addressed this already.

There'll be no more of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lizd66

ok thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

lol at the VT of the guy who is pretty much bald saying how much time he spends on his hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

johnn wrote: »
    lol at the VT of the guy who is pretty much bald saying how much time he spends on his hair!

*Awaits the balding guy to come along giving out*

:pac: :pac:

That guy's giving me nightmares. Talk about not giving up the ghost. If I ever end up like that I would hope someone will supply with me a set of hair clippers for my next birthday if I'm too oblivious too see it for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

what we really need is for ryan tubridy to go on this. i think boards would crash with all the abuse flying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

This is the internet, it wouldn't be the same without slagging people off.

What did they expect to log on to find everyone saying how gorgeous they all are? That kind of reaction would only occur if I went on the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yup, pollitical correctness gone mad.

What did they expect to log on to find everyone saying how gorgeous they all are? That kind of reaction would only occur if I went on the show.

This forum has turned into Disneyland....i'm expecting Mickey and Donald along any second :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

nicklauski wrote: »
    Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Have to say, boards has kept me interest in it :D And just on Foley and all his pointing :

CopyofPDVD_002.jpg&t=1

"I don't know what to do with my hands!"

Yeah this really annoyed me. Somebody should really tell him to tone it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yup, pollitical correctness gone mad.
    If people have a problem with it, they're welcome to start a Feedback thread - go nuts!

This thread ain't for feedback however!
    This forum has turned into Disneyland....i'm expecting Mickey and Donald along any second :rolleyes:
    That's rich.. Rich!

As a fans of all things "tween" and someone who regularly posts and references Disney / Nickelodean movies, I would have thought it'd be right up your street!

^ i've NEVER refrenced Disney or Nick movies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watched this earlier on. Poorly edited and just cringeworthy tv really.

Still, I'll probably end up watching it next week.

And also, to the ladies who have just registered with boards, welcome. Is one of you the High School Musical girl? I'd like to play with your cock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andgiekay

not1but4 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this show before as I normally try and avoid these types of shows as I think they are terrible and I only watched it because I heard that someone I know is on it.

And I found it to be pretty good, I havent seen the English one so I am not comparing it to anything which is probably a good thing.

As for the first guy having a gf if I heard right there is going to be a Dundalk footballer on it who has a girlfriend.

Best looking girls IMO was the girl who went off with the body builder (though she did look a bit scumbag-ie) and that foreign blonde girl who got who misheard the kid.

that blonde is not foreign

Andgiekay wrote: »
    that blonde is not foreign

So that's four of the girls posting then, this thread should have a hundread thousand hits by week 10 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was quite cringeworthy television!

It sounds like its being filmed in a warehouse and when somebody is left to talk on their own the acoustics are god-awful. It also seems strangely dark in there compared to the UK version.

It's cheap television and doesn't pretend to be television gold or anything so I guess I'll just have to take it as it is. But they need to sort out the sound, its desperate and quite unappealing to watch when you have to listen to echo central.

Also, Ray Foley seems to be trying too hard to be the exact same as Paddy McGuinness. I get that it's an Irish version, but he seems to be copying the McGuinness style a bit too much.

im not the blonde girl but we all had a laugh on it, you are all entitled to your opinions but you tell us that the girls are all too picky, if we threw ourselves at the guys you would call us easy, we cant win. its entertainment, what more do you want,? its just alot of hypocricy, get to know the girls first. if you were on a show like that you wouldnt just take the first thing that comes out the door. the guys are lovely, we got to know them very well and they gave as much as they got. i think all the girls were amazing to go on a show like this it takes alot of guts to be put in the public eye so excuse us for standing up for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ginny wrote: »
    Shifters is Fernandos, fernandos doesn't exist, they go backstage for a drink, its a running joke so I'm assuming Shifters is the same.

They don't go backstage for a drink in the UK version anyway. "Fernandos" is actually Club Bijou in the Salford area of Manchester. They don't use the real name on Take Me Out UK because of all the 'its a hole' jokes they tell about it.

"Shifters" will probably just be some Dublin club like Krystle or Wrights or something, or could be backstage as you said (ive no idea about the Irish location).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And was there any women from outside the pale on it? Because it looks to me they were trying to all me trendy urban types.

And was there any women from outside the pale on it? Because it looks to me they were trying to all me trendy urban types.

keep watching to find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Andgiekay wrote: »
    keep watching to find out

Ok Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's comedy gold, tv3 are on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the repeat yesterday to see what it was like.

Ah it was entertaining enough, I won't go out of my way to watch it again. One weird thing I noticed was that the audience sounds seem to have been dubbed in afterwards. They never showed a shot of the audience (apart from those who were left and right of the runway). The main cheering and clapping from the unseen audience seemed to fade out more often than not - it wasn't natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, they used canned laughter and applause to mask the fact that the audience was far smaller than they wanted it to appear.

If anything this show is propagating the stereotype that Irish women are picky, fickle and unnecessarily harsh towards Irish men. "Eh...I'd like a guy who's tall, buff, intelligent, active, funny, outgoing". Then the first guy who comes out ticks all the boxes (though is a bit cocky) and half of the lights go out. Half of the girls didn't really seem to have a reason, they just said, "Meh".

The second guy comes out, is clearly a bit of a shy guy and one girl claims, "Ah he's too confident for me, I like confident but not cocky". WTF like.

My wife agreed entirely. Irish women are stereotyped as being very harsh and bitchy when it comes to Irish men's advances* and this program neatly demonstrates that the stereotype is true.

* It doesn't help that Irish men are often drunken messes when they do advance and spout abuse when they're turned down

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Yep, they used canned laughter and applause to mask the fact that the audience was far smaller than they wanted it to appear.

If anything this show is propagating the stereotype that Irish women are picky, fickle and unnecessarily harsh towards Irish men. "Eh...I'd like a guy who's tall, buff, intelligent, active, funny, outgoing". Then the first guy who comes out ticks all the boxes (though is a bit cocky) and half of the lights go out. Half of the girls didn't really seem to have a reason, they just said, "Meh".

The second guy comes out, is clearly a bit of a shy guy and one girl claims, "Ah he's too confident for me, I like confident but not cocky". WTF like.

My wife agreed entirely. Irish women are stereotyped as being very harsh and bitchy when it comes to Irish men's advances* and this program neatly demonstrates that the stereotype is true.

* It doesn't help that Irish men are often drunken messes when they do advance and spout abuse when they're turned down

Totally agree. We're the most insecure nation on the planet. As one of the girls said earlier in this thread, they turned their light off because they didn't think he would want to go out with her. So basically it's a game of embarrass the guy before he has a chance to embarrass you. Schoolyard stuff really.

Advertisement