Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

see ye all next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Ginny wrote: »
    Its the worrying that you might know or be related to someone on the show.....:D

Thats all I could think of!! I'd be cringing for them!!! :p
    He's an absolute nut! Has a real presence! I like/d Ray on radio, but I don't know, I don't think radio presenters should venture into TV that much! We'll see :)

Yeah he was ok but prefere Paddy!!
    I hear financial analyst, I just start counting money in my head :pac:

I know!! Who would say that out loud!! FILTER WOMAN FILTER!!!
    Ginny wrote: »
    Editing is ****e, Raina still had her light on when they cut from the VT, then ray said it was a blackout????

Thought that aswell! Didn't like the stage either. Bit cheapy! But I'm sure I'll be watching next week for the cringe factor!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It was decent... cheesy and shockingly edited.. but decent!

Ray seemed relatively comfortable in the role.

It was more enjoyable that 'Deal Or No Deal' anyways. Will watch again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

basquille wrote: »
    It was decent... cheesy and shockingly edited.. but decent!

Ray seemed relatively comfortable in the role.

It was more enjoyable that 'Deal Or No Deal' anyways. Will watch again!

Couldnt agree with you more,deal or no deal although love the idea of someone winning money.It is done terrible on the Irish version.Bringing on family and friends.:rolleyes:

I thought he looked like he is enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ah I thought it was good, extremely fussy girls most of them but a bit of a laugh. Still would ride them all though(the girls).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ironpool24

Really enjoyed the show tonight!! I did CRINGE a low for the contestants but it's just a bit of fun! The first guy works in the gym in DCU, pretty sure he has a girlfriend so I am suspecting he's using the show as a free advert to promote his personal trainer business!! Hahaha...not a bad idea, considering...recession and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ironpool24 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the show tonight!! I did CRINGE a low for the contestants but it's just a bit of fun! The first guy works in the gym in DCU, pretty sure he has a girlfriend so I am suspecting he's using the show as a free advert to promote his personal trainer business!! Hahaha...not a bad idea, considering...recession and all!!
    Or maybe he dumped her and wanted to get a quality revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

mad m wrote: »
    Do you work for RTE by any chance....ah dont take it seriously, its a bit of laugh....

No RTE job for me unfortunately, I should admit an aversion to Foley and his "comedy", I'm not a fan of Paddy McGuinness either but he's a much better host, maybe Foley will grow into it but I doubt there'll be a season 2 of this. Even the Elevator of Love is a makeshift slidey wooden panel. A cheap oul second rate version IMO. Shouldnt have bothered doing it if they couldnt match the standard set by the UK version.

ironpool24 wrote: »

HAHAHAHA well he still left with a pretty girl,and i am pretty sure most people who go on them shows are attention seekers.
    The guys really would want balls of steel for going on there and be rejected by 30 girls in one night or dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Overmade up tangoed dub wans pass judgement on checkshirted idiots (yes, you are an idiot if you go on this show). The most popular is a dub (Suprise !!!) who looks about 15 yrs old. Presented by Foley. I hate Foleys radio show with a passion but he was the best thing about this ****e.

Identikit women and charmless men.

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    Identikit women and charmless men.
    You new to this?

That's what it makes it enjoyable.. it's a bunch of knobs and repulsive women being lambasted (not literally obviously)!

Agreed. Not new at all but just despair. Is there going to be a 30 male panel judging one woman next week ?

Agreed. Not new at all but just despair. Is there going to be a 30 male panel judging one woman next week ?
    Now I'm hardly a regular viewer of the UK one, but I'm pretty sure it's always 30 girls and the lad being judged.

The girls won't change.. I know that.. it'll be the same ones next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They should rebrand the show "Wacker And The Knackers" for Irish television

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Even though he said he has chlamydia??

Wha? I don't remember him saying that? just cause he is young doesn't mean he has that! :confused:

Now I'm hardly a regular viewer of the UK one, but I'm pretty sure it's always 30 girls and the lad being judged.

The girls won't change.. I know that.. it'll be the same ones next Friday.

I am pretty sure they havent had that yet.Why :confused: I wonder is it because women arent allowed to be seen as meat.And the men in this world are more shallow then women.:eek:

caseyann wrote: »
    I am pretty sure they havent had that yet.Why :confused: I wonder is it because women arent allowed to be seen as meat.And the men in this world are more shallow then women.:eek:
    I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier..

Watching 30 men tear the sh*te outta a young one's appearance / dress sense would be uncomfortable viewing.

And I tend to agree.

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier..

Watching 30 men tear the sh*te outta a young one's appearance / dress sense would be uncomfortable viewing.

And I tend to agree.

I do agree also,or looks or weight if not super thin,while the guy could be a blob and scruff.
    SO we are in agreement safe with women:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

I shall shake the hand of the man who catches Eleanor's eye.

You'd take a chance with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SWEETCAN2000

All most people ever do on this forum is moan about how bad Irish telly is. Get up off yer arses and present some ideas for better shows then....
    I thought the show was quite enjoyable - just chewing gum for the eyes.
    On one hand you say Irish women are too fussy and on the other hand they have been branded as being too easy. Make up your minds. If it's the fussy part maybe you should ask why? The men on that show seemed like nice individuals but wouldn't be labelled as hot in my opinion - not particularly a reference to appearance but from how they came across as well. I think it's awful the way you slate Irish women- is it because you can't bag one yourselves?
    And for the record, Ray Foley is hot.

• Advertisement

All most people ever do on this forum is moan about how bad Irish telly is. Get up off yer arses and present some ideas for better shows then....
    On one hand you say Irish women are too fussy and on the other hand they have been branded as being too easy. Make up your minds. If it's the fussy part maybe you should ask why? The men on that show seemed like nice individuals but wouldn't be labelled as hot in my opinion - not particularly a reference to appearance but from how they came across as well. I think it's awful the way you slate Irish women- is it because you can't bag one yourselves?
    And for the record, Ray Foley is hot.

Totally agree,they were no more fussy or easy then the English version.
    And i agree with you about the guys,also most of them women were in later twenties early thirties and those guys werent right age.The 31 year old guy was doing ok,till he said he lived at home with his mother.That would turn most women off.Also the other guy shouldnt have sang and he would have done ok.

Everyone of those women were overdone. Not a natural looking one amongst them. Overstyled bleached blond hair and ****ty fake tan for the majority.

Everyone says they want a nice guy with a sense of humour. Then the nice guy is "too nice".

Thank **** i'm married.

To a German.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭drnmalone

watched it tonite tought it was good that lad from mayo was havin no luck

Everyone of those women were overdone. Not a natural looking one amongst them. Overstyled bleached blond hair and ****ty fake tan for the majority.

Everyone says they want a nice guy with a sense of humour. Then the nice guy is "too nice".

Thank **** i'm married.

To a German.

So do they thank **** you are married to a german man woman?;)

And for the record, Ray Foley is hot.[/QUOTE
    For the record, Ray Foley is not hot in the slightest. Hes like a lankier, less attractive Mr. Bean.

caseyann wrote: »
    So do they thank **** you are married to a german man woman?;)

They DOOOO !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Maybe the lighting on the English version's better? Or maybe the girls were wearing their "going out" make-up, best suited to darkened rooms, strobes or candlelight.

They DOOOO !!!

If you are a woman,i am amazed you would slate them because they looked really well and lovely dresses as well as faces.And if a guy fussy and blind.
    But if a man how do you know if ray foley is hot :confused:lol

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Good prog tonite i tought it was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

What hope has a guy on this show.
    The first fella wasn't like because he kept himself too fit
    The second fella didn't have a Dublin accent so half got rid of him straight away.
    The third fella dared to wear something different and was slaughtered.

The last fella was too young.

I didn't realize that Irish women was so picky

Advertisement