Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tom egan loss, paddy lost one and gunni has lost one if you count him as sbg, 2 wins for paddy, 1 for ash, 5 for connor and 3 for cathal off the top of my head, not sure about gunnis wins
    Gunni has 4 wins.
    The rest sounds about right to me. 15-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

zzfh wrote: »
    my 2015 predictions.

-Lesnar to return,fight 2 easy fights and he will get a title shot in 2016
    -GSP to return and be unbeaten until he wins back the belt
    -CM punk to get destroyed in his 2 ufc fights before quitting
    -Aldo to school Mcgregor
    -Silva to work his way through the division before losing to Weidman again
    -Dana white to get a hair transplant

-Silva gets a title shot if he beats Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zzfh wrote: »
    my 2015 predictions.

-Lesnar to return,fight 2 easy fights and he will get a title shot in 2016
    -GSP to return and be unbeaten until he wins back the belt
    -CM punk to get destroyed in his 2 ufc fights before quitting
    -Aldo to school Mcgregor
    -Silva to work his way through the division before losing to Weidman again
    -Dana white to get a hair transplant

-Wouldn't be surprised if the Lesnar one happens.
    -GSP's manager said last week that he is not coming back in 2015.
    http://au.ibtimes.com/no-ufc-return-georges-st-pierre-2015-says-manager-1413401
    -re Punk, I doubt it. The UFC will sign up a blind one armed 70 year old for his debut if they need to. Or maybe Ken Shamrock. ;)
    -Don't think so. Aldo may well beat Conor, but it will not be a "schooling".
    -As said, Silva gets a title shot if/when he beats Diaz. I personally would rather he have one more fight.
    -No way, the Baldfather lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of SBG's record in the UFC?

Tom Egan 0-1
    Paddy Holohan 2-1
    Cathal Pendred 3-0
    Ais Daly 1-0
    Conor McGregor 5-0
    Gunnar Nelson 4-1

SBG is 15-3 in the UFC. That's a savage record, especially considering they're all home-grown fighters that have been with JK for their entire professional careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I would love Tom Egan to get in again this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Someone asked on Twitter if Norman Parke and Dustin Poirier would fight and both fighters agreed. That would be a great scrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Someone asked on Twitter if Norman Parke and Dustin Poirier would fight and both fighters agreed. That would be a great scrap!

I presume it would have to be at 155? I could not see Norman dropping any lower than that. He would have a decent size advantage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I presume it would have to be at 155? I could not see Norman dropping any lower than that. He would have a decent size advantage too.

Poirier confirmed hes going back to 155.
    I think Conor broke him :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Poirier is already scheduled to fight Carlos Diego Ferreira in April anyway.

Yeah Dustin said once his business in April is done, he'd arrange a fight with Norman.

• Advertisement

Who the hell is Frankie gonna fight next? Looks like he might be in limbo for a while. He should have been fighting Mendez instead of Lamas imo.

Cub not gonna be happy with the new rankings.

335908.PNG

Wasnt there rumours of Edgar and Faber doing a season TUF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Who the hell is Frankie gonna fight next? Looks like he might be in limbo for a while. He should have been fighting Mendez instead of Lamas imo.

Cub not gonna be happy with the new rankings.

335908.PNG

I'd love to see Frankie and his work ethic against Bermudez and his beast wrestling, then the winner of that against the winner of Mendes vs. Lamas.

The top man out of these bouts should get the next shot at the winner of Aldo vs. McGregor imo. Fingers crossed we get to see Conor up against a decent wrestler finally. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Wanderlei is suing the nasc or whatever it is over his lifetime ban

Kur4mA wrote: »
    I'd love to see Frankie and his work ethic against Bermudez and his beast wrestling, then the winner of that against the winner of Mendes vs. Lamas.

The top man out of these bouts should get the next shot at the winner of Aldo vs. McGregor imo. Fingers crossed we get to see Conor up against a decent wrestler finally. :)

Edgar would destroy Bermudez IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think Frankie would have a chance against Aldo if they fought again. Aldo probably wins though.

Frankie's best chance of gold at 145 is McGregor beating Aldo. Even though Aldo beats Frankie, I think Frankie is a worse fight for Conor than Aldo is due to styles. I'd love to see that fight (in Croke Park)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think Edgar would have a shot against Aldo in a rematch as well, he's 33 and running out of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If McGregor was to pull it off and beat Aldo, Aldo would get an immediate rematch.
    So Frankie and everyone else would be looking at a year before they got a shot in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I think Edgar would have a shot against Aldo in a rematch as well, he's 33 and running out of time though.

I just don't think Frankie has the power to trouble Aldo seriously.

I just don't think Frankie has the power to trouble Aldo seriously.

I don't think anyone at FW has the power to KO Aldo if that's what you're getting at. He took a clean uppercut from Mendes and barely wobbled.

Frankie's probably most capable of winning by decision though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cro Cop back in UFC, christ almighty :eek::eek::eek: no doubt just to keep him out of Bellator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Daleys new opponent is Andre Santos

Odds open at around 3/5 for Aldo and 3/2 for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Relatively new to this MMA stuff. I bought a subscription to fight pass, is there any classic fights you could recommend? I'll get around to watching after I finish my exams. Of particular interest would be featherweight fights I guess.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

God never thought id hear someone ask about FW fights, shows you what conor has done.

There was a thread a while back that had a list of classic must watch fights, maybe someone could link it for you or you could search.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Relatively new to this MMA stuff. I bought a subscription to fight pass, is there any classic fights you could recommend? I'll get around to watching after I finish my exams. Of particular interest would be featherweight fights I guess.

Cheers lads.

Chan Sung Jung vs Leonard Garcia 1 (or vs Poirier) are 2 great ones to start with! Just entertainment
    Pretty much any of Urijah Fabers FW fights

Lemme dig for more

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Check out the WEC cards from the later years. Aldo, Faber, Torres, Zombie, Pettis, Bendo, Cowboy, Brown...... Amazing cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Cheers lads.

Featherweight division was only incorporated since 2010 acquired practically all the fighters at the time from the now defunct WEC. FightPass has WEC fights some very good ones in that too.

Of UFC ones I can think of at min in FW...

Aldo vs Mendes II (UFC179)
    Korean Zombie vs Dustin Poirier (UFC on Fuel: Zombie vs Poirier)
    Korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia (UFCFN: Nog vs Davis)
    ....(was gonna add another Korean Zombie fight :D:D)
    Cub Swanson vs Ross Pearson (UFC on FX: Guida vs Maynard)

Not Featherweight but one of the fighters is at FW now; Edgar vs Maynard II (UFC125) can't go wrong

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Check out the WEC cards from the later years. Aldo, Faber, Torres, Zombie, Pettis, Bendo, Cowboy, Brown...... Amazing cards!

Yeah the WEC cards were great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Nick Diaz - Paul Daley
    Nick Diaz - Robbie Lawler
    Nick Diaz - Marius Žaromskis

Not exactly classics, but worth a watch.

Also, check out Anderson Silva - Forrest Griffin. The then-MW champ runs out of opponents and goes up a weight division and embarrasses the bigger opponent in clinical fashion.

Rich Franklin - Nate Quarry too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement