Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet you guys would not say no to SJP!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ewwww........send her off to the glue factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

At least she'd be a cheap dinner date.

/picks grass from ground
    /extends grass laden hand out, palm flat so hand is not bitten off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

She was hot back in the days of Hocus Pocus :

(From 12 seconds)

and Ed Wood, back when she didn't look like she needed a good sandwich. Her uber skininess is, IME, a female standard of beauty, not men's. Women love her cos of her clothes in Sex and the City, when in fairness, she looked like a bag lady a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Naos wrote: »
    At least she'd be a cheap dinner date.

/picks grass from ground
    /extends grass laden hand out, palm flat so hand is not bitten off

Gotta be careful offering a "carrot" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Also OP while many women see SJP as this ( couldn't get imageshack to work properly today so just replaced with links)

http://www.look.co.uk/pictures/sex-and-the-city-carrie-bradshaws-memorable-fashion-moments/carrie-bradshaw-wearing-a-flor-0

most men see her like this

sjps.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I would 'ride' her, as they say.

(But only round the course at Cheltenham.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Who_owns_this?

Ok - this thread is going against me.

But, SATC was a huge hit with SJP at it's helm.

Dunno - maybe we just identify with well dressed horses!?!? (Disguised as beautful women.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've never understood the talk of her being utterly hideous - much of it just seems like bandwagon-jumping. She's getting haggard and emaciated now, but up to only a few years ago she had nice eyes/smile/hair/skin/figure - overall, she may not have been Michelle Pfeiffer, but she had plenty of physically attractive traits. A fairly average-looking woman really, hardly monstrous.

That said though, people are entitled to not find her attractive, and wouldn't necessarily jump her if they got the chance to in real life, just because she's the original Sex & The City girl - people have varying tastes.

What women find beautiful/sexy isn't always the same for men too - wearing an outfit well, and sexy, while not unrelated, can be mutually exclusive. I think I heard of some survey on same, the number one result of which was Audrey Hepburn. Classically beautiful and elegant, but generally not sexy to men.

cc-offe wrote: »
    Also OP while many women see SJP as this

URL=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/sjp3.jpg/]sjp3.jpg[/URL]

most men see her like this

sjps.jpg

Why? Can men and women not look at the same pictures anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

But, SATC was a huge Shit with SJP at it's helm.

Yes, yes it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Not the ones I look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

eh what? of course they can.....but i'm saying when a lot of female sex and the city watchers visualise her we picture her as beautiful but most men I know picture her as a scrawny horse.....hence why these comments about her being a horse always pop up. I'm sure if they ever saw these beautiful shots of her they would find her hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I have respect for my dick.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If she looked like she did in Flight of the Navigator then I definitely would!

Dudess wrote: »
    I've never understood the talk of her being utterly hideous - much of it just seems like bandwagon-jumping. She's getting haggard and emaciated now, but up to only a few years ago she had nice eyes/smile/hair/skin/figure - overall, she may not have been Michelle Pfeiffer, but she had plenty of physically attractive traits. A fairly average-looking woman really, hardly monstrous.

That said though, people are entitled to not find her attractive, and wouldn't necessarily jump her if they got the chance to in real life, just because she's the original Sex & The City girl - people have varying tastes.

What women find beautiful/sexy isn't always the same for men too - wearing an outfit well, and sexy, while not unrelated, can be mutually exclusive. I think I heard of some survey on same, the number one result of which was Audrey Hepburn. Classically beautiful and elegant, but generally not sexy to men.

I think it's that some people will twin SJP with ugliness, and ugliness is a strong word and an unpleasant association. Like the best known photos of Marilyn Monroe are good ones, and, therefore, she is remembered as a good looking person, so are SJP's best known pictures bad ones. How can you recover from that?

That's why I hate the whole "SJP looks like a horse" messing. She's being "remembered" for not looking good and behaving badly - when all this was done in making a show.

If she looked like she did in Flight of the Navigator then I definitely would!

Thank you for proving my point! :pac: Someone get that woman a lump of steak and some burgers and she'll be back on track in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

lol 99% of single men would do her if she approached them.

I thought the point of the thread was to cut the bull**** and answer truthfully!

its not exactly the ginger one of SATC we're talking about here! lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

She's what we call a "double-bagger".........

I think it's that some people will twin SJP with ugliness, and ugliness is a strong word and an unpleasant association. Like the best known photos of Marilyn Monroe are good ones, and, therefore, she is remembered as a good looking person, so are SJP's best known pictures bad ones. How can you recover from that?

That's why I hate the whole "SJP looks like a horse" messing. She's being "remembered" for not looking good, with her personal attributes not being taken into account whatsoever.

In fairness, that's a double-edged sword. SatC was held up as some standard of beauty for women in the last decade and SJP courted it, and made a lot of money from it. She didn't shy away from it then.

People chose to hit back at her over-saturation in the market. It's fair game. If she's holding herself up as a style icon, she has to be prepared for the knocks that come with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm a girl and even I think she looks like a foot to be fair, she's awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I suppose she'd be better than a bit of *cough* ''DIY'', but I'd be insisting on the brown paper bag. Or, if that wasn't available, doggie style so you could avoid having to actually look at her!

I'm a girl and even I think she looks like a foot to be fair, she's awful
    Ahem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jmirl

I think a big problem was she never got her tats out like the other girls on satc. I mean just a peak sarah just a peak is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Damn. I've just had an involuntary bladder leakage!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Basically, don't tell me that you wouldn't have no strings attached sex with the original sex and the city girl!

Don't get me wrong, i think SATC is turgid garbage of the absolute lowest order.......but i don't personally find SJP that ugly.

Plenty of women on the average male's fantasy list benefit from some well applied make up.

johnn wrote: »
    lol 99% of single men would do her if she approached them.
    How could you possibly know that?
    its not exactly the ginger one of SATC we're talking about here!
    Her stylists seemed to be hell-bent on making her look as unattractive as possible, but I've seen her scrubbed up well and she's actually quite beautiful. Has a look of Mia Farrow - with bigger boobs.

The ginger one is hot afaic.

If people find SJP unattractive it's one thing, but objectively speaking, I really can't see how she could be described as ugly. Plain at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

munter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

It's her body that puts me off; she looks like an 8-year-old boy. Eat some food, woman!

Advertisement