Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Well done mate! best of luck in the interview.

If you don't mind me asking, did you say you preferred an I.T firm at the end of the interview when asked?

I only ask because I mentioned a few different preferred sectors throughout the whole process but I would love to get something in I.T :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 miller8721

@Who Knows - The company is based in Ireland and has office in several locations around the world. I selected Asia when I filled the application so I assume they would send me to Asian market if I got the job.
    @scrapsmac - I didn't specify any preferred sector when I filled out the application and I was not asked such question during the interview. I assume EI will look at your background and match you with a suitable company.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Who Knows?

Thanks miller8721!!! Best of luck...

I was asked at the end of my interview which sector I owuld want to work in. I listed off a few areas of interest in IT and the interviewer jotted them down. But like miller8721 says - I'm sure it will be based on your CV and you background/studies on the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

I got a call today from a company based in Cork, and its not IT based so at least we know there is a diverse group of employers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mack3

at least we know there is a diverse group of employers out there.

Nice one well done, was hoping that would be the case,...still waiting to be called for a company interview...best of luck to those still waiting & those attending interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stevethewraith

The deadline for companies hasn't even passed yet. So there plenty of time for us

Had my interview today and it was nice. Got a call from another company based in Dublin not in IT field.
    @stevethewraith - well done. best of the luck in the interview!

Well done. Was the company a start-up, SME, or MNC? What were they like - did they expect much from you?

@who knows - I say the company is medium size company. I was interviewed by an HR person and all general type questions. It was just like a chat and no tension at all. The interview I got from the second company will meet director of the company directly...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Got an interview myself there for monday. Does anyone know where that 2hours video can be found. Im from an engineering background and so could really use the and pointers it might give with respect to business development stuff.??

• Advertisement

Well done miller8721, its great to get two interviews. I am a little concerned now that I didnt 'make the cut' since I didn't have any company contact me... (snif snif...:( )

Its so bloody hard to get a job these days!! Have any of you considered what you would do if you dont get offers? What are your options?:confused:

Did G4IG upload a video on Facebook about the workshop they had? I cannot find it? If any of you have access to it - please post the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Did G4IG upload a video on Facebook about the workshop they had? I cannot find it? If any of you have access to it - please post the link.

As far as I know, the video hasn't been put up yet. It was supposed to be put up on the facebook page that they gave you the link for in the email. To be honest, it wasn't all that helpful. Really, all that they said about the interview was to be confident and to have done your research on the interviewing company. Make the company know that you want to work for them and that you can bring something to them. They had a current graduate from the programme who was pretty informative and two representatives from different G4IG companies.

I haven't got a call back from any company either. I would try not be too disheartened yet. Like someone else said on this thread, the deadlines for companies isn't until sometime next week. In the meeting with EI last week, they almost guaranteed us at least one interview but I totally understand if you're getting frustrated. I am anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

pootins wrote: »
    As far as I know, the video hasn't been put up yet. It was supposed to be put up on the facebook page that they gave you the link for in the email. To be honest, it wasn't all that helpful. Really, all that they said about the interview was to be confident and to have done your research on the interviewing company. Make the company know that you want to work for them and that you can bring something to them. They had a current graduate from the programme who was pretty informative and two representatives from different G4IG companies.

I haven't got a call back from any company either. I would try not be too disheartened yet. Like someone else said on this thread, the deadlines for companies isn't until sometime next week. In the meeting with EI last week, they almost guaranteed us at least one interview but I totally understand if you're getting frustrated. I am anyway!

Thanks for the help, a few good pointers there.

Does anyone else find it a bit difficult to prepare for an interview when you are not 100% certain of the in's and out's of the position you are going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kunbs

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Well done miller8721, its great to get two interviews. I am a little concerned now that I didnt 'make the cut' since I didn't have any company contact me... (snif snif...:( )

Its so bloody hard to get a job these days!! Have any of you considered what you would do if you dont get offers? What are your options?:confused:

I am trying so hard not to feel the same way :( but I know we still have a good chance of getting called up, I want this so bad, my family have been on eggshells all week, not sure if they should ask for an update or not

Yeah - pretty much the same here. I'm still applying for other positions in case this falls through (back-up plan), but I would like this opportunity.

@kunbs are you a recent graduate? Did you do a post grad or....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pootins

I'm pretty certain that if you email EI that they'll just tell you that your details have been passed on to the companies and that it is no longer in their hands but up to the company instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gates21

I got an interview for Tuesday from a recruitment MNC. Definitely a diverse group of employers in the process.

Hang in there guys, there's loads of time left yet.

Well done!! Recruitment Company? So if we don't get interviews we can all contact you for opportunities, lol :D

Keep us posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wardy171

Glad to see I'm not the only one waiting to hear anything back. Don't know why I didn't think of checking for others in the same situation before now.

I can understand why EI won't share company details with us, but I find it could be rather awkward answering the phone and accepting an interview for an unknown job in an unknown location... Isn't very helpful knowing nothing whatsoever beforehand, and not very professional either - though I imagine the companies must know the situation.

Good luck to all those who have interviews though! Any feedback on how things went / what to expect will be very much appreciated... Presumably the companies explained at interview roughly what they expect you to do for them should you be successful?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dunnear

The wait is actually killing me. Does anyone know how many people are going for each interview? And how many companies are we paired up with like how many candidates does each company recieve?The woman told me interviews could go on till end of November! How many interviews did they say we were likely to do? Also what is everyones background? Mostly postgrads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wardy171

No idea how many interviews we're supposed to get, depends on whether the company actually wants to interview you i imagine as I doubt they're in any way obliged to invite you to interview.

The woman on the phone at EI gave me the impression we were matched to several companies but gave no more information than that.

I graduated not this summer but last and have just been working since then, no idea of anyone else's situations...

@ who knows - I am a recent post graduate finished this august but I have been working just two years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 andrew15

I Graduated last sep with a Masters in Business development, worked for Apple for 6 Months then moved to Vancouver where I am currently working in Admin. I came home for the assessments because I was able to get a cheap return flight. I am back In Van now and on the shortlist but have not heard anything from a company yet. Would love to get this though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bubblies

The wait is also killing me! I got a missed call today and ran out of my work building and down the street like a crazy person to ring the person back only for it to be a wrong number!

I don't have a masters, I have been working the past 2 years since I graduated. Would love a place on this programme.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dunnear

Sounds as if most candidates are of very high quality! I just finished this year so kinda worried about that. Not counting my chickens until they are hatched! I hope we start to hear soon its kinda mad waiting this long they shouldn't have told us until they had the companies finalised aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tilda5

Everybody seams to be of a very high quality, which is maybe why this process is starting to annoy me more and more each day. If we are supposed to be the best selected from everybody that applied, why are we being treated so casually. The vast majority of us are recently graduated, and are putting our jobs searches on hold or afraid to take up other positions, while we sit by the phone and wait for a call. I think this is becoming increasingly unfair. Aside from the possibility that we may be missing out on other job opportunities by not searching for other jobs, it should be taking into more consideration that until we do/if we do receive a call from a company we dont exactly know what the job role is or where we will spend a min of 12 months abroad. We would be after all committing ourselves to the program for 18months, I dont think it's too much too ask that we are contacted asap and given sufficient time to consider if this is a right career move for us. I understand that many companies are busy/ do not have experience in hiring graduates.. etc.. but I feel that at this stage it is not too much to ask for a company to send an email to say what the job role is and that they would be calling us for interview in the next few weeks.
    Anybody else feel the same?

Does anyone know when they will put up the video of the day they gave tips - been scouting all around facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 longwait

dunnear wrote: »
    The woman told me interviews could go on till end of November!

Are you sure about this? I thought the program was due to start at the beginning of november

i have stopped grabbing at my phone now and rushing out the door in work. i dont expect to be called for a few weeks. sure today is the last day for submitting applications for companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

longwait wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I thought the program was due to start at the beginning of november

i have stopped grabbing at my phone now and rushing out the door in work. i dont expect to be called for a few weeks. sure today is the last day for submitting applications for companies.

as far as I know the programme begins 28th November (training, getting to know the firm etc), with the Diploma starting just after Christmas to the best of my knowledge.

I'm still waiting for interview(s). Starting to feel a little disheartened as 300 is a huge amount of people to be left.

Oh well, It hasn't stopped me applying for other jobs. At this stage If I get a call from a company I will think of it as a bonus

Advertisement