Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shave your pubes? If so, why?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

Just because the thread in tLL about whether or not women liked their men shaved downtown (nearly unanimous response was they don't care or find it a turnoff) piqued my curiosity, I have to know.

If you shave your pubes, why do you do it? And why did you start doing it? Do your partners like it? Do you do it for them or for yourself?

Also curious as to how many guys have just done it out of boredom. :P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

That boredom can lead to a right itch if you shave it all. Dangerous territory there:D

Nothing wrong with a trim, we're still in the early stages of a new century, why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

That boredom can lead to a right itch if you shave it all. Dangerous territory there:D

Nothing wrong with a trim, we're still in the early stages of a new century, why not.

Trim is the best option of the three, imo, but I don't get why they go bare. Doesn't seem necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

No hair is just a bit too cocky, pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

liah wrote: »
    Just because the thread in tLL about whether or not women liked their men shaved downtown (nearly unanimous response was they don't care or find it a turnoff) piqued my curiosity, I have to know.

If you shave your pubes, why do you do it? And why did you start doing it? Do your partners like it? Do you do it for them or for yourself?

Partners ??? - one partner at a time I assume (or is that for another thread ???)

I'll admit I keep it neat - trim with a razor and scissors - recently got my chest waxed (was going off on hols so got it done ...just for the fun of it) and that wasn't too bad....so might consider getting my bits waxed......not completely though.

I keep myself neat because I want to ... started doing so because I thought it was looking unkempt (is that the right word ?) ... it just looked too hairy so I trimmed it - I've never gone completely bald, but have been with a girl in the past who was completely waxed - didn't make a difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hygeine obv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Its always felt a bit more hygenic so it has. So, to answer your question, its for me primarily.

But herself likes it and so do most girls I talk to. That's...TALK to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Meh, I shave my testicles and shaft, and keep the rest neat and tidy. As to why, there's three reasons (in no particular order): Hygiene, Appearance and Sensitivity. Obviously, based on the LL thread, appearance is something of a non-runner. Hygiene is debatable, I think it's cleaner though. Sensitivity, on the shaft, fairly negligible because there's not much there to begin with. A tongue or mouth on freshly shaven testicles can feel really great though. Plus, she's not really likely to put two hairballs in her mouth

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Usually all off here via a Mach 3. Is done for myself (although herself is a fan), just prefer the look and feel of it to be honest.

At least there's no double standards in our house, Mrs Me has been all off down there for years. I imagine there several blokes who expect the girl to get it all off but have a hedgehog down there themselves because shaving it is "gay".

Also as a bonus, we both find that sex of all kinds really does feel better with no hair involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Appearance is the main reason why I shave. It looks neater, gives off the impression you take care of yourself (which you probably do if you shave down there). I do it for myself, I couldn't care if a girl wanted full-on pubic hair action or a waxed bald look, I'm sticking with my choice of short up top and tidy.

I went bald once, out of pure boredom. It itched, a lot. And when it went past the itching stage it was like having a brillopad down there - rather uncomfortable.

I might experiment at some stage with shaving the scrotum, but the thought of putting a blade down there terrifies me. Then there's the question of where do you stop - right after the scrotum, onto the perrenium, right up the crack? It's a mystery, one I'd rather not have to deal with at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 horacewimpole

I think, being honest, most men shave because less hair makes their cock look bigger. For some men, that's important.

Personally I don't shave as I think it looks silly and, also, for the same reason that I don't wear perfume - I think there is something effeminate and narcissistic about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Personally I don't shave as I think it looks silly and, also, for the same reason that I don't wear perfume - I think t
    here is something effeminate and narcissistic about it.
    The looking silly part is grand but care to elaborate on your other reasons?I dont wear perfume either by the way.;)Also,im asking this question as a user,not a mod. As for the original question,i just keep trimmed,hairless looks odd IMO,kinda childlike.Each to their own though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 horacewimpole

nedtheshed wrote: »
    The looking silly part is grand but care to elaborate on your other reasons?I dont wear perfume either by the way.;)Also,im asking this question as a user,not a mod. As for the original question,i just keep trimmed,hairless looks odd IMO,kinda childlike.Each to their own though.

It would be funny, indded, if it were each to someone else's own!

Which other reason or reasons do you want me to expand on?

I agree that hairless looks ridiculous, and almost something like what you might expect ET to look like naked. Yuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well,that men that shave their nads or wear perfume(i presume you ment aftershave) are effeminate and/or narcissistic.Bit of a sweeping generalisation isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I use a beard trimmer to get as close to the skin as possible, but wouldn't shave with a mack 3 or anything! (Did so before and got ingrown hair...ow)

I do it because I think it looks better and I prefer the feel. Also, it feels better while shaggin. I would assume too that it prevents oder catching in the hair because of sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

If you shave your pubes, why do you do it?
    I keep it neat and trim for the main reason, hygiene
    And why did you start doing it? Do your partners like it? Do you do it for them or for yourself?

I started for hygiene reasons and parteners in general like it trimmed. I'd never shave it all off thats a big No for me

Funny, i did actually start out through boredom one day and it has continued since :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Shaved? no.

But... everything is kept trimmed. I think it looks and feels much better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I wax it all off to create a more aerodynamic profile which leads to greater performance! ;)

*Not really, I just give it a trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

no I don't......... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No need to do it for appearance and I've always found that removing hair anywhere else makes me feel worse so I've not tried it round my ballsack.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Having too much hair down below makes it a bugger to dry off properly after a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,276 ✭✭✭✭ted1

hygiene sounds like a bs reason to me. Your nads are suppose to be hairy to regulate the temp for sperm production.↲as for girls in my experience is that when completely clear they tend to not stay as wet.

ted1 wrote: »
    hygiene sounds like a bs reason to me. Your nads are suppose to be hairy to regulate the temp for sperm production.↲

Thats why we invented underpants ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

To be blunt i shave my hair so that when my other half goes down she does not spend her time coming back up removing hair.

Also less chance of carpet burn....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

All this talk of Mach 3 has me squirming - just the thought of a naked blade - gotta stop there and find some valium or I will never sleep tonight - cheers chaps - just the image I needed this evening...

Trim - electric hair trimmer always with guard as let me tell your it is damn sore when those blades pinch...

Why - as above - for her and for me.

<shudder>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Safety razors are well named as a rule, don't sneeze though. :eek:

I suspect some men will keep things short simply to suggest more than they actually have. Indeed this issue was discussed on RTE radio one afternoon (!) probably Derek Mooneys show, its the sort of thing he likes I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

To be blunt i shave my hair so that when my other half goes down she does not spend her time coming back up removing hair.

Quick comb will take care of most of the loose ones. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

amacachi wrote: »
    Quick comb will take care of most of the loose ones. :pac:

Nope...you cannot comb this easy...Actually i dont shave it...I just trim...She too would think it too weird if shaved...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Taltos wrote: »
    All this talk of Mach 3 has me squirming - just the thought of a naked blade - gotta stop there and find some valium or I will never sleep tonight - cheers chaps - just the image I needed this evening...

Trim - electric hair trimmer always with guard as let me tell your it is damn sore when those blades pinch...

Why - as above - for her and for me.

<shudder>

its a safety blade not a straight razor, long as you're careful and stretch the skin a bit theres nothing to worry about, same as shaving your face,you'd swear you could cut your knob off the way people react to this

Considering the damage I've done to my jawline with a bic.... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

ted1 wrote: »
    Your nads are suppose to be hairy to regulate the temp for sperm production.

Absolute Bollo*

Advertisement