Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shave your pubes? If so, why?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    its not that sore Im convinced when you see men getting their legs waxed for charity they are putting the pain on!

The difference between men getting their legs waxed with women is that a lot of those men have several decades worth of hair growth. So it is much more likely to be painful than when a girl with a tiny bit of hair gets her legs waxed. There is much more to be pulled out :D

Also the mens legs are going to be much more sensitive as they are not used to being waxed. Same way that when you first shave (face, legs, wherever) it can take a while for it to become desensitized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

The difference between men getting their legs waxed with women is that a lot of those men have several decades worth of hair growth. So it is much more likely to be painful than when a girl with a tiny bit of hair gets her legs waxed. There is much more to be pulled out :D

Also the mens legs are going to be much more sensitive as they are not used to being waxed. Same way that when you first shave (face, legs, wherever) it can take a while for it to become desensitized.

yous are just babies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

yous are just babies :p
    Big hairy cuddley babies, you got to love us:D

Yeah I shave my pubes, why?? first I prefer to keep it nice and neat down below, second I wear speedo's when swimming and don't want to have any stray hairs sticking out.

TBH, it's a personnal choice and don't see a need for people to get worked up about it.

Gillo wrote: »
    Big hairy cuddley babies, you got to love us:D

Yeah I shave my pubes, why?? first I prefer to keep it nice and neat down below, second I wear speedo's when swimming and don't want to have any stray hairs sticking out.

TBH, it's a personnal choice and don't see a need for people to get worked up about it.

can I wax yous then love yous?
    Kidding my men need to be men, would weird me out a little if me and some guy were both shaving our arm pits together hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I don't, but I'd consider it once just to see what it's like. Still, since I'm pretty much hairy all over it would look damn weird to have a hairless crotch.

The regrowth must be a bugger, though.

• Advertisement

Diapason wrote: »
    I don't, but I'd consider it once just to see what it's like. Still, since I'm pretty much hairy all over it would look damn weird to have a hairless crotch.

Why not go the whole hog? If your going to do something... do it right.
    And yes it can itch when its growing back, but the more you get waxed the slower it takes to re grow.

A full waxing for me would cost more than Nama.

A full waxing for me would cost more than Nama.

like that scene out of 40 year old virgin? that could be an idea you could turn it into art!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I heard guys do it cause they think it makes there "part" seem bigger?

Also personally Id go with shaven or at least trimmed but it wouldn't put me off if a guy didn't do either. Just easier to get around with the less hair down there.
    Hehe, did you hear that from an actual guy or what? I've heard that too, but never had anyone personally say that's why they did it..

For me, I just think it looks nicer and that's why I do it. I'd hope a girl would do the same for me though. Trim is ok, but I don't like the whole "go with nature thing".

Hehe, did you hear that from an actual guy or what? I've heard that too, but never had anyone personally say that's why they did it..

For me, I just think it looks nicer and that's why I do it. I'd hope a girl would do the same for me though. Trim is ok, but I don't like the whole "go with nature thing".

I did hear a guy say that but it want the reason he did it, it was just a bonus.
    I think when it comes to girls we are pretty into keeping ourselves groomed down there, I dont know any girl who would have more than a well kept brazillan. But from what I hear that is also a generation thing.

• Advertisement

I dont know any girl who would have more than a well kept brazillan. But from what I hear that is also a generation thing.

Jesus, you really ARE a young un.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I dont know any girl who would have more than a well kept brazillan.
    ah HA! I knew it! you wimmins do all have sleepovers and naked pillow fights!! :D

ah HA! I knew it! you wimmins do all have sleepovers and naked pillow fights!! :D

Ye of course we do, and practice frech kissing on one another, why did someone tell you different?

Jesus, you really ARE a young un.

I wish Diapason.. I wish... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I normally keep it neatly trimmed but have shaved completely out of boredom and curiosity to see what the fuss is all about and to be honest the regrowth was not really a big issue at all, a bit noticeable at times but nothing that would drive you crazy.

Hmmm, I might be tempted now. I'll keep you posted if so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

Maybe a trim, never shave. NEVER. Unless you wanna look like you have crabs :D

How would you look like you have crabs? is this a man thing.. should I just smile and nod right about now?

How would you look like you have crabs? is this a man thing.. should I just smile and nod right about now?

Prostitutes back in the day used to have to shave to get rid of crabs. That's why the merkin was invented.

Prostitutes back in the day used to have to shave to get rid of crabs. That's why the merkin was invented.

Ok I just googled that, thats odd. Hey learn something new everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Yeah I shave my junk because if I don't I quickly get a cock-afro in about 5 weeks.

Gneez wrote: »
    Yeah I shave my junk because if I don't I quickly get a cock-afro in about 5 weeks.

Ha mental image.
    you dont to shave, you could just trim

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

I did it one time out of boredom - to be honest - every now and then when I walk about I get this fierce tingling sensation as if wanting to scratch myself real hard to get rid of the itch - not a good idea in a public place.... ignoring the itch makes it worse... have used the mach 3 + gazillions of shaving gel lathered all around...to help shave it - ended up with a nick here and there.... ok, from a hygienic viewpoint its clean and neat....there's always a but.... if you shave down there - might as well shave your ass as well to keep everything in sync if you know what I mean, no point shaving the frontal bits and then forget about the ass... (I've tried to do it and found it impossible to do, painful to say the least) It really depends.... does the itch go away after regular shaving...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I shave everything (general pubage, balls, ass cheeks, ass crack and topmost inner thighs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Standman wrote: »
    Trim for practical reasons. I don't see how hygiene comes into it. I find a shower every day keeps everything hygienic.

I meant to reply to this ages ago, hygiene is more related to the crack waxing. It makes sense if you think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yeah I shave. Don't shave them totally off. Keep them quite short though.
    Mainly for hygiene, I feel much cleaner when the hair is neat and tidy.

Gf doesn't seem too pushed. Prefers it shorter but doesn't mind pubes in general, she expects there to be hair on bloke, it's manly I guess!
    On the other hand, Id say if I was totally hairless from the waist down she would probably feel like she's sleeping with an 8 year old. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Shave the shaft, trim the sack. Golden rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Got my Back Crack & Sack Sugared last week feels so good & Hygenic Misus loves it Btw :D im still bald as a baby :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

Shave the shaft and sack - electric razor - and trim the rest. The skin is so much more sensitive. And it looks a hell of a lot better. Gone is the tangled briar thicket effect. Have been doing it for 6 years now and never have an itch. Maybe shaving every 48 hours prevents that.

As to why?... Should I answer this in the Gentleman's Club section?

My one and only boyfriend shaved his. I had no idea men did such things and thought that he was naturally like that for some reason. When he told me I followed suit and have continued to do so.

Now I can see all you straight guys going for hair extensions. :D
    Perhaps not. Had to go to the doc for a check up and he never batted an eyelid. Obviously had seen it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Got my Back Crack & Sack Sugared last week feels so good & Hygenic Misus loves it Btw :D im still bald as a baby :cool:

Do you mean waxed?

Was there much pain?

Advertisement