Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you shave your pubes? If so, why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Whats all this about trimmed pubes being more hygienic? Thats a load of cock :P There is nothing unhygienic about not trimming your pubes. In fact shaving it right off could potentially lead to problems such as in grown hairs and other such cuts and irritation associated with shaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Reward

I keep trim and shave the shaft, I'm thinking of getting permanent hair removal on the shaft, because of coarse hairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

it feels and looks and smells better to be clean shaven...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I trim - I don't shave. Shaving it all off just looks a bit wrong. I keep it trimmed very tightly, and it looks cool. My girlfriend shaves so it would be fairly ignorant if I didn't do anything. I have friends who don't bother, and I can only imagine the look of neglect off them. It could explain why they are all single too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

An ex-bf used to de-fuzz his man garden with Veet for sensitive skin, one of his main reasons was because he said it made his c0ck look bigger and the regrowth from Veet wasn't quite as itchy. He was right. On both counts!

I can't speak for other women but I'd have a definite preference for a guy who keeps his pubic hair to a minimum.

Christ.. how did I end up in tGC giving advice to lads on what to do with their pubes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Trimmed is perfect.

Waxing is a bit much, imo. I expect a man to be hairy, but it's nice when there's not a wild jungle down there. Nothing to do with hygiene or appearance, it's just (how do I put this delicately) more enjoyable from the lady's perspective to not have to pick hair out of her mouth in certain situations. :D

So, pubes are fine, just trim 'em up a bit if they're unruly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

enol wrote: »
    An ex-bf used to de-fuzz his man garden with Veet for sensitive skin, one of his main reasons was because he said it made his c0ck look bigger and the regrowth from Veet wasn't quite as itchy. He was right. On both counts!

I can't speak for other women but I'd have a definite preference for a guy who keeps his pubic hair to a minimum.

Christ.. how did I end up in tGC giving advice to lads on what to do with their pubes :D

Female input is always welcome, it means we have to spend less time figuring out what the hell ye want!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

funk no, couldnt put any sort of sharp blade near himself. :eek:

3 on the back and sides scissors on top - just like my other head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

kerryman12 wrote: »
    funk no, couldnt put any sort of sharp blade near himself. :eek:

3 on the back and sides scissors on top - just like my other head
    33C

I'd take the blade over the scissors down there any day! in fact, the sharper the blade, the better. Much less likely to cut yourself.

33C

I'd take the blade over the scissors down there any day! in fact, the sharper the blade, the better. Much less likely to cut yourself.

*scratches head*

I use a Philips Bodygroom as a scissors will not cut as close-unless you have mega patience-and no razorblade gets near my bits!

• Advertisement

I use a Philips Bodygroom as a scissors will not cut as close-unless you have mega patience-and no razorblade gets near my bits!
    tried the bodygroom, didn't like it. left stubble everywhere!

you'd be surprised how easy it is to not nick or cut yourself with a dry sack and a very sharp disposable razor. very surprised. only the sack though, the other stuff is completely different!!

33C

hope u have a steady hand dude

kerryman12 wrote: »
    hope u have a steady hand dude
    steady like a mountain goat! it took whole minutes of practice.. :pac:

steady like a mountain goat! it took whole minutes of practice.. :pac:

thats the spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

I trim the bush, shave the shaft and balls. I suppose it all stems from this one night stand I had. When she ripped off my boxers she playfully said "you hairy bastard!"

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭irishlad_85

I trim all over quite short, and shave my balls. think everything just looks better when it's like that, and the women prefer it.

I trim the bush, shave the shaft and balls. I suppose it all stems from this one night stand I had. When she ripped off my boxers she playfully said "you hairy bastard!"

LOL

brilliant! :D

...as long as she remained playful, alls good!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I'd never shave it all off.

You've got to leave something there as a challenge for the ladies... if you're not willing to venture into the jungle you'll never find El Dorado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 The General.

I shave it all off every 2 months or so. I like it and so does my partner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Went mad with a scissors last night. First time trying it! :D

I'm happy with how it looks now, but some parts are more itchy than I'm used to. Will have to go back at it for a more careful inspection later.

Trim, largely because if a girl is down there giving me oral sex, there's less chance of her getting hair wrapped around her tongue. Sounds disgusting, but true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Went mad with a scissors last night. First time trying it! :D

I'm happy with how it looks now, but some parts are more itchy than I'm used to. Will have to go back at it for a more careful inspection later.

You might have trimmed it a bit too close. It might also be just because you're not that used to it. If it's the latter then you'll get used to it.

I've trimmed for years. I just prefer the feel and look of it. Girls seem to like it as well which is always a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I couldn't be arsed.

I don't even shave my face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

same as star, the idea frightens me, no problem cutting shorter, but shaving. Doubt any girls from that thread liked it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I doubt it. Don't need to do anything imo and ffs guys don't go near the treasure trail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magnoliafan

My girlfriend asked me to take a little off as it was getting a bit wild down there! it makes my thing look bigger and hasnt worked against me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The chics dont wanna be eating hair, I expect my hoes to be well groomed so I gotta lead by example..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

well yeah you should cut some off cos then they do eat hair, just not too much.

Advertisement