Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

The plan was raheny alright but the boss had other ideas with a weekend away that weekend, she even copped onto my idea of us going to Dungarvin that weekend :D. Going to either do a BHAA XC in Jan or 10k in Laois the week before Raheny in build up to Enniscorty 10k in Feb as the goal race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

ronnie085 wrote: »
    The plan was raheny alright but the boss had other ideas with a weekend away that weekend, she even copped onto my idea of us going to Dungarvin that weekend :D. Going to either do a BHAA XC in Jan or 10k in Laois the week before Raheny in build up to Enniscorty 10k in Feb as the goal race.

Very good race my last 2 PBs in 10k are from this race (albeit few years apart) Will be heading down to this one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Haha she's got you pegged alright. Yes, was looking at that Laois one too, looks good. Looks like you can register on the day. Did Enniscorthy last year, top race. The first half is tough with the hills but you get a fast second half as a result.

Wed - 9 @ 7:10
    2.5 w/u
    2 mile @ 5:50
    1 mile @ 5:47
    1 mile @5:47
    2.5 c/d

Very tough. Windy day and just plain not used to running this fast. I'll get used to it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

cwgatling wrote: »
    Wed - 9 @ 7:10
    2.5 w/u
    2 mile @ 5:50
    1 mile @ 5:47
    1 mile @5:47
    2.5 c/d

Very tough. Windy day and just plain not used to running this fast. I'll get used to it though!

This is it man, just keep hammering away at those paces and dont give an inch, it'll come trust me. Cross country session in the phoenix park with the lads saturday morning.

Cheers Eoin, tough day at the office that. Good job.

Sat - 6 easy. Dying from drink.
    Tues - 6 easy.
    Wed - 6 @ 7:02. Windy as hell.
    Thurs - 45 mins hilly on treadmill. Very tough, will be feeling this tomorrow.

I've lost serious fitness - those miles at 7:02 were way tougher than they should've been. No matter, scrape through this week and I'm hitting the JD again :cool:

• Advertisement

8 @ 7:10. Last 3 miles straight into the wind. Jaysus. Gonna do 10 tomorrow and hopefully something like 15 Sunday to salvage this week mileage-wise.

Hopped on the scales - 166lbs. I'm usually under 160. Good ol' Christmas. That half stone is getting shifted well before the end of Jan.

Hopped on the scales - 166lbs. I'm usually under 160. Good ol' Christmas.

Jaysus Paddy thats proper Bobby D in Raging Bull stuff there. It'll drop off in no time though. Great session today man, in poxy conditions aswell, brutal on the legs though. Send me the link for that 10k, cant find it anywhere. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

tunguska wrote: »
    Jaysus Paddy thats proper Bobby D in Raging Bull stuff there. It'll drop off in no time though. Great session today man, in poxy conditions aswell, brutal on the legs though. Send me the link for that 10k, cant find it anywhere. Cheers.

Haha I know man. I'd say I could do with a B cup at this stage. Yes, brutal wind there! It's the Great Heath one TRR -> http://www.runireland.com/events/great-heath-10k

Few runs since the last time:

Sun - 9 @ 8:00. Woke up at 3pm so this was all I had time for. Met a lad from the club in Tymon so ran with him for a couple of miles.
    Mon - 4 (AM) and 6 (PM). Easy run again.
    Tues - 6x (2x 200m, 1x 400m). Equal recoveries. 200s in 38s, 400s in 79-81. As I said, shocking wind. Great session though and great to have a bit of help. 11 miles for the day.

5.5 easy on the treadmill. Legs are delicate from yesterday. Another session tomorrow, but T pace stuff. Should be ok.

• Advertisement

Thurs - 11 @ 7:05 including 6 mile repeats off 1 min:

5:55
    6:02
    5:59
    6:11
    6:08

Really tough session and was glad to make it to the end. Got a little carried away at the start and paid for it with the short recoveries. Windy again :rolleyes:

Fri - 5.5 @ 8:32. Recovery run

Sat - AM 3 easy, PM Fartlek thing. 600m in 2:12 (1 min), 300m in 60s (30s), 150m in 30s (30s) for a total of 10k. Did this on the track in the dark. Very cool.

Sun - AM 3, PM 6. Gorgeous weather.

62 miles for the week, 3 sessions but no long run.

Mon - 9.1 @ 7:38. Favourite session lined up for tomorrow: 12x 400m at R pace :cool:

Thurs - 11 @ 7:05 including 6 mile repeats off 1 min:

5:55
    6:02
    5:59
    6:11

Really tough session and was glad to make it to the end. Got a little carried away at the start and paid for it with the short recoveries. Windy again :rolleyes:

Fri - 5.5 @ 8:32. Recovery run

Sat - AM 3 easy, PM Fartlek thing. 600m in 2:12 (1 min), 300m in 60s (30s), 150m in 30s (30s) for a total of 10k. Did this on the track in the dark. Very cool.

Sun - AM 3, PM 6. Gorgeous weather.

62 miles for the week, 3 sessions but no long run.

Mon - 9.1 @ 7:38. Favourite session lined up for tomorrow: 12x 400m at R pace :cool:

What is your R pace? I am doing 400s tomorrow slightly different set up (4x3x400 in 70s) if that is any use?

I'll be doing them in 79-80s but definitely head down if you're around. Will be doing a 20 min warmup so should be on the track by 1120 or so.

I'll be doing them in 79-80s but definitely head down if you're around. Will be doing a 20 min warmup so should be on the track by 1120 or so.

Not off work till 4 I am afraid so wont be heading down till the evening sorry man

****, maybe next time. Will be doing 40 mins at about 6:30 pace Fri afternoon. Sessions seem to be similar enough, we'll hook up at some stage.

****, maybe next time. Will be doing 40 mins at about 6:30 pace Fri afternoon. Sessions seem to be similar enough, we'll hook up at some stage.

I reckon I can manage Fri. Working my first night shift the night before so may be a little groggy but bar that should be grand.

Sessions do seem quite similar I will have a look through Daniels plan and see how your next few weeks are and try to manipulate my schedule to try match up

Excellent stuff. Eoin will be there too doing something like 6 min pace. Gonna hit the polo grounds bout 11 again. Tell me about it, was working til 12 last night, wrecked today.

8 miles inc 12x 400m off 400m jog.
    Good session, it was tough from the start. 80s for each rep and 77 for the last one.

Excellent stuff. Eoin will be there too doing something like 6 min pace. Gonna hit the polo grounds bout 11 again.
    8 miles inc 12x 400m off 400m jog.

Absolutley the more the merrier. My VDOT has me at 5:55 for 7miles so if thats of any use to anybody feel free to jump in. I think you're about 6:28 Paddy.

Absolutley the more the merrier. My VDOT has me at 5:55 for 7miles so if thats of any use to anybody feel free to jump in. I think you're about 6:28 Paddy.

Think sub six is a bit hot for me I am just doing steady run as opposed to a tempo

ecoli wrote: »
    Think sub six is a bit hot for me I am just doing steady run as opposed to a tempo

Could be a bit boring for you then man, we're gonna be doing the whole run on the polo grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

what time you doing this at?Very similar to what im doing.

what time you doing this at?Very similar to what im doing.

Meet at polos at 11am or 12pm, will confirm that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Your session and mine were eerily similar - where do you train? Would love to run this kind of workout with someone as they are hard alone!

Will we say 12 at the polo grounds Fri lads? I'll be driving from Tallaght if you need a lift Kev.

@drquirky - that's gas, exact same session. You were a good bit quicker though. We're doing Daniels 5-15k plan. Most sessions on the track in Tallaght, you'd be more than welcome. Yeah, bloody killer doing these alone. Next one is the 40 min tempo in the park, jump in if you're about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Will we say 12 at the polo grounds Fri lads? I'll be driving from Tallaght if you need a lift Kev.

@drquirky - that's gas, exact same session. You were a good bit quicker though. We're doing Daniels 5-15k plan. Most sessions on the track in Tallaght, you'd be more than welcome. Yeah, bloody killer doing these alone. Next one is the 40 min tempo in the park, jump in if you're about!

Cool- thanks man. You running a session on Saturday or Tuesday ? I'm looking to do one either of those days....

This coming week's a bit of a weird one for me cos I'm on days whereas I'd usually be on shifts, so I'll probably just do the club session Tues (again, you'd be more than welcome - 6.10pm). Got a race Sun, Heath 10k in Laois.
    The following week I'll be doing 4x(200,200,800 - track) on Tues most likely and 40 min tempo (polo grounds) Sat.

Wed - 6 easy at lunchtime - 7:50 pace
    Thurs - 10.5 easy - 7:40 pace
    Fri - 11.4 @ 7:11 including 40 min tempo @ 6:27 (worked out at 10k exactly!). Always find these tough. Loads of people out running which is great. Grumpy aul pr*ck giving us grief about running around the polo grounds, otherwise perfect day for it.

9.5 @ 7:35. Great day. Tymon Park and the roads. Feeling a few twinges in the legs so I think the Green Silence need to be replaced pretty soon. They are a savage shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

That was a long but nice session friday.Up to my eyes inw ork right now so hopefully in a few weeks can join u lads for sessions.
    Finding it difficult to get motivated for the sessions at the minute.

That was a long but nice session friday.Up to my eyes inw ork right now so hopefully in a few weeks can join u lads for sessions.
    Finding it difficult to get motivated for the sessions at the minute.

It was a good one Kev, Eoin was at 5:55 so just right for you. Maybe try a race or 2 to get the motivation back? Or just do them as sessions. Still loads of time before Connemara anyway. Portlaoise 10k this Sun and Raheny next weekend.

Sun - 12.5 @ 7:50. Great hilly route, really enjoyed this one. Link 67.2 for the week.

Mon - 7.2 @ 8:30. The lads in the club do this every Mon and Wed, run around Tymon in the bloody dark. It's lethal to be honest, you can't see a thing. Almost twisted my ankle so will skip these in favour of the roads.

Tues - AM 6 @ 7:30, PM 6 @ 7:16. That's 12 for the day. Gonna do that session Thursday instead.

• Advertisement

4 @ 7:55 before work. Sleepy, sleepy run. Will get 6 in at lunch.

6 done at 7:30 pace. 23 days' running in a row.

Advertisement