Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the times down.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Thurs - AM - 3 @ 8:00
    PM - 6x 1200 I pace.

4:14
    4:17
    4:24
    4:19
    4:26
    4:29

Bit all over the shop, the track was very busy. They were all meant to be about 4:21. Totally lost concentration for the last 2, but a good workout. Windy as usual in the last 100m.

14.1 @7:23 for the day

Fri - 5 @ 8:04. Slept terribly the previous night. Picked up some kind of a dose, neurofen-ning my way through it.

Sat - 3 @ 7:59. Thought about taking the day off but that chunk of unbroken weeks in Sporttracks is looking pretty attractive.

Race tomorrow - first since the marathon. Bit sick but feeling fit so will give it a good lash.

Sun - Great Heath 10k - 37:40

Top race, really well-organised for the most part. It was windy weather and an undulating course so definitely not a walk in the park. Did a short run that morning to wake up the legs.

5:56
    5:57
    6:02
    6:01
    6:14
    5:51
    1:40

The 5th mile was a killer. Lucky enough to be the 3rd member of the winning team, so will put a few quid towards some physio. Had planned 4-5 for the evening but I was still fighting that cold so I left it be. 8.6 for the day, 60 for the week.

Mon - 5.4 @ 8:11. Recovery run. Legs sore.
    Tues - 10 @ 7:50. Still sore and very tired.
    Wed - 10 @ 7:40. Wind is not the word.

Won't get a session before Sunday now but I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Great running Paddy in testing conditions and u not 100% ... Have u lined up a marathon to tackle in the near future or are u going to continue with the shorter sharper stuff ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

cwgatling wrote: »
    Sun - Great Heath 10k - 37:40

Top race, really well-organised for the most part. It was windy weather and an undulating course so definitely not a walk in the park. Did a short run that morning to wake up the legs.

5:56
    5:57
    6:02
    6:01
    6:14
    5:51
    1:40

The 5th mile was a killer. Lucky enough to be the 3rd member of the winning team, so will put a few quid towards some physio. Had planned 4-5 for the evening but I was still fighting that cold so I left it be. 8.6 for the day, 60 for the week.

Mon - 5.4 @ 8:11. Recovery run. Legs sore.
    Tues - 10 @ 7:50. Still sore and very tired.
    Wed - 10 @ 7:40. Wind is not the word.

Won't get a session before Sunday now but I'm not too bothered.

Meant to be wild tomorrow again but friday is supposed to be ok, so will do the session that day if you change your mind.
    Well done on the PB. Dont think you gave yourself enough credit for the run you knocked out. Would've been hilarious had a woman walked in on you getting your bags off in the uni-sex toliet room. High risk maneuvre off the top rope there.
    A-game time on sunday man........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Well done at the weekend lads both of you some solid running. We should have a good few of us out this weekend?

Did you guys not session yesterday? Sorry I didnt get back to you Eoin I only saw your fb message the next day. If you are interested me and pete are doing a session tomorrow evening @ 7?

4x200 @ R pace roughly, 2x400 @ I pace 800 @ R pace, 2x400 @ I pace and 4x200 @ R pace all off 1.15 rec

• Advertisement

ecoli wrote: »
    Well done at the weekend lads both of you some solid running. We should have a good few of us out this weekend?

Did you guys not session yesterday? Sorry I didnt get back to you Eoin I only saw your fb message the next day. If you are interested me and pete are doing a session tomorrow evening @ 7?

4x200 @ R pace roughly, 2x400 @ I pace 800 @ R pace, 2x400 @ I pace and 4x200 @ R pace all off 1.15 rec

We were meant to do a session today but the wind was ridiculous so we had to call it off. Yeah might do that session tomorrow evening providing the wind behaves itself, otherwise I'll leave it til friday. Twas something similiar but with 4 x 800 at R-pace being the meat in a 200s sandwich.

tunguska wrote: »
    We were meant to do a session today but the wind was ridiculous so we had to call it off. Yeah might do that session tomorrow evening providing the wind behaves itself, otherwise I'll leave it til friday. Twas something similiar but with 4 x 800 at R-pace being the meat in a 200s sandwich.

No problem we will be meeting at the club at 7 if that is of interest if not no worries

Cheers Liamo, good to see you back around these parts. No marathons for me until Dublin again. Was kind of tempted by Kildare again but I definitely want to get better at the shorter stuff first. What are you at, spring marathon?

Thurs - AM 3, PM 6
    Fri - 5
    Sat - 4
    Sun - AM 2, PM 7 including:

Raheny 5 in 28:47. Top race as usual by Raheny. Great conditions, if a bit wet. The goal was sub-29 for this so I went out at what I thought was 5:45 but the first 2 miles were more like 5:50. Passed swathes of people from mile 2-5 which was really encouraging. Last 2 miles were 5:40's. Bloody delighted with the result to be honest, could not have raced any better (or maybe I could have gone out harder...). Some absolutely savage runners at this race. Big thanks to christeb for the loan of the garmin! Mine's shot :(

Stuck the time into McMillan and it equates to a 36:03 10k. Holy **** I've got some work to do.

Something like 50 miles for the week. Not ideal.

Will do 10 easy later. 3 sessions planned for this week.

Cheers Liamo, good to see you back around these parts. No marathons for me until Dublin again. Was kind of tempted by Kildare again but I definitely want to get better at the shorter stuff first. What are you at, spring marathon?

Again great run yesterday.. Makes perfect sense to concentrate on the shorter stuff atm.... As 4 me Im doing things arseways :D ... 50k in Donedea this Saturday , Conn Ultra in April ( my main target ) and then 24 hour race up North in July hoping to raise a few pound for charity in the process.... Then I might get to run a marathon at some stage if Im still able to walk !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

liamo123 wrote: »
    50k in Donedea this Saturday ,

If you turn up on saturday you'll be on your own. The race is not until a fortnight from saturday ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Stuck the time into McMillan and it equates to a 36:03 10k. Holy **** I've got some work to do.

Great stuff yesterday, it's nice when everything clicks liek that.

Mcmillan has me at 36'11 after yesterday. Fight to the death in Dunshaughlin then? :) Or d'you have a 10k planned sooner than that?

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you turn up on saturday you'll be on your own. The race is not until a fortnight from saturday ;)

Jez thats 4 that...I was sure it was this Saturday 4 some reason... Actually happy about that, I can get a few more longs run in .... Not ready atm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ddel

Thurs - AM 3, PM 6
    Fri - 5
    Sat - 4
    Sun - AM 2, PM 7 including:

Raheny 5 in 28:47. Top race as usual by Raheny. Great conditions, if a bit wet. The goal was sub-29 for this so I went out at what I thought was 5:45 but the first 2 miles were more like 5:50. Passed swathes of people from mile 2-5 which was really encouraging. Last 2 miles were 5:40's. Bloody delighted with the result to be honest, could not have raced any better (or maybe I could have gone out harder...). Some absolutely savage runners at this race. Big thanks to christeb for the loan of the garmin! Mine's shot :(

Something like 50 miles for the week. Not ideal.

Will do 10 easy later. 3 sessions planned for this week.

Being a bit harsh on yourself saying 50m isn't ideal. T'was a week between hard races! Savage time yesterday. Do you think the 36.03 is a possibility? - was the 37.40 the week earlier a tougher course/day than the 5 miler?

@liamo - thanks again man. Jesus, 3 ultras... rather you than me! Will definitely fire you a few quid for sponsorship.

@Brian - cheers, it is indeed; all too rare though! Haha, yes definitely doing Dunshaughlin again. Hopefully I'll give you a bit of a race this time - didn't even get a look in last year. I'm going to do the UCD 5k, Craughwell 10m and Great Ireland Run for sure. You about for any of those?

@ddel - that's true alright. And it was a crazy busy week apart from the running (making excuses now). Really want to be in the 60-70 range though as much as I can. The 10k was a much harder day but even still 36.03 seems way out of my league for the moment. Maybe by the end of this plan though... gotta aim high I suppose!

Mon - 10.5 easy. Nice out and back route. Wind at my back all the way home.
    Tues - 12.5 easy. Another great day out. Legs feeling pretty good. 12 hour sleep last night - lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

liamo123 wrote: »
    Jez thats 4 that...I was sure it was this Saturday 4 some reason... Actually happy about that, I can get a few more longs run in .... Not ready atm

Hmmm, it's not just me so ? :)

@Brian - cheers, it is indeed; all too rare though! Haha, yes definitely doing Dunshaughlin again. Hopefully I'll give you a bit of a race this time - didn't even get a look in last year. I'm going to do the UCD 5k, Craughwell 10m and Great Ireland Run for sure. You about for any of those?

Nah just doing the Silverstone Half on March 11th this side of the London Marathon. I'll be back for the Donore 5k the end of May though, seriously fast course that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

nice one - that's the fastest 5m that watch will ever do!!

Thanks again, it was a lifesaver! Jesus I gave my watch to a guy from Sportsworld one time for a session and it came back with 10 straight miles @ 5:35 pace on it. Depressing :(

Wed - 11.7 @ 7:20 including 12x 400 at 78s off 400 jog.

1 or 2 79s, 1 76s and 1 75 (the last one). This was a great, great session. Legs were jelly after it. We were in lane 3 for the first 9 reps and definitely ran a little over 400m for the first 4 or 5 (couldn't work out the markings).

Thurs - AM - 3.5 easy. PM - 6.5 easy. Perfect weather for it. Felt like muck on the early one, it was a total slog. The evening run was lovely.

Wed - 11.7 @ 7:20 including 12x 400 at 78s off 400 jog.

1 or 2 79s, 1 76s and 1 75 (the last one). This was a great, great session. Legs were jelly after it. We were in lane 3 for the first 9 reps and definitely ran a little over 400m for the first 4 or 5 (couldn't work out the markings).

Yeah man they were defintely a good whack over 400m. You did well, ditto for last night. Whopper session. This nonsense of covering lane one though, I wouldnt mind it if there were provisions put in place for people running anything more than 200s. Anyway we can avoid the place anytime theres somebody there keeping guard. Ninja style sessions like last night are the name of the game.

Dead right, those bloody barriers are coming off first thing tomorrow!

Jesus, serious log-neglect happening here. Some good training though.

Fri - AM - 3 easy, PM 3T, 3 mins jog, 2T, 2 mins jog, 1T
    3 miles - 18:21
    2 miles - 12:12
    1 mile - 6:07

So 6:07 all the way really. 15 for the day.

Sat - 6.5 recovery
    Sun - 6.5 easy. Lucky to get this in before work.

72.7 for the week. Solid.

Mon - 9 easy. What a day, zero wind. This was great.
    Tues - AM - 3 easy. PM - 8 easy. Bit of a cold coming on. Should be ok. Session tomorrow, race Sunday!

• Advertisement

More Daniels horror today: 4x(200, 200, 800) off 200, 600, 400.

36, 37, 2:38
    37, 38, 2:37
    37, 37, 2:36
    38, 37, 2:35

The 800s are very hard for me at this pace. Barely hanging on at the end of each one. She's done now though. Easy runs until Sunday!

The 800s are very hard for me at this pace. Barely hanging on at the end of each one. She's done now though. Easy runs until Sunday!

Very good session.The fact you were consistently progressing in the 800s is a very good sign will definitely stand to you

Very tough, 800s at R-pace is a different ball game. Im wasted, literally falling asleep at the screen here. Time to rumble on sunday though..........Luke are you doing enniscorty or what? Let us know so we can enter a team.

tunguska wrote: »
    Very tough, 800s at R-pace is a different ball game. Im wasted, literally falling asleep at the screen here. Time to rumble on sunday though..........Luke are you doing enniscorty or what? Let us know so we can enter a team.

Was supposed to be doing it but got stuck with a work shift I can't get out of which is a pity as one my favourite races. Think there may be a few from club who might be able to make up a team. Afraid I wont be racing till the Inter clubs at the end of the month

ecoli wrote: »
    Was supposed to be doing it but got stuck with a work shift I can't get out of which is a pity as one my favourite races. Think there may be a few from club who might be able to make up a team. Afraid I wont be racing till the Inter clubs at the end of the month

No worries, I'll see if I can rope Tomo into doing it.

6 easy this morning. Dead on my feet but felt way better afterwards. 3-4 planned for this evening.

May have gotten roped into the Inter-Clubs too ecoli.

Edit - 10 for the day.

9 @ 7:34 up at the waterworks. Great weather. Back in Garmin-land. Super easy day tomorrow before the race. Sub-37 or bust!

Sub 37 should be no bother to ya, i predict something like 36'30-36'40. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Dude-

I think if you go out hard on this one you could surprise yourself. Looking at your training, you've run a couple of workouts recently that are better than I have. I went under 36 a couple of weeks ago and think I am stonger now- I'm predicting a sub 36 for you - I've heard this is a really fast course w/ a flying finish (last 2 miles are downhill!) Anyways good luck

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Hope to really go to town on this one! @Drquirky - well done on the sub-36. Super time, would love to hit it some day. Gonna go out at 5:50s I think and grit the teeth until those downhills! Thanks again.

Advertisement