Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Benny Cake wrote: »
    I rang Aviva there to check this out and having first confused the daylights out of the young wan on the other end of the phone, I was eventually told no such "priority booking" scheme exists for Aviva members...

Back to the drawing board :(

my dad is on aviva so he rang them and the stadium to ask about it, both of them had no idea it existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you're ringing about this type of thing, always ask to speak to someone in marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They've changed the presale info on the ticketmaster page. Now it says 15/12 - 22/12. Anyone with Aviva insurance hear how to get a presale yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Some shower of dopes, the person I spoke to was adamant this wasn't the case!! Thanks for the heads-up anyway, I'll get back onto them...

Let us know how you get on as that link says all the good stuff but none of the info on how to join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

So I rang the stadium marketing girl. Basically the link says the priority ticketing is for music events only.

"Did you know that as an Aviva member you have access to priority ticketing for music events"
    https://stadium.aviva.ie/pages/aviva_advantages

So, we're back to square one.

I'm really hoping there's someone here sitting on a code and will give it out once they've used it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Where does it say anything about a code or a password? A lot of the time with these presales they just release a limited amount of tickets early and there is no code required. Other times you do need a code, but not always.

Do we know for sure that you actually need a code for the presale?

Where does it say anything about a code or a password? A lot of the time with these presales they just release a limited amount of tickets early and there is no code required. Other times you do need a code, but not always.

Do we know for sure that you actually need a code for the presale?

EDIT; They've changed the "PLEASE NOTE" bit of that ticketmaster apge. it didn say you had to enter a password, now it states
    Please Note: Tickets for this event will not be sold or delivered to customers with addresses in the USA.

So I guess they're on sale tomorrow then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I might try ring ticketmaster myself. Think Ive a direct dial number for them instead of their usaul automated number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I might try ring ticketmaster myself. Think Ive a direct dial number for them instead of their usaul automated number.

Tried that, they haven't a clue either.. At this stage I'd say the best bet is to log on tomorrow morning and hope for the best!!

All they are is Prick Teases.

• Advertisement

HERE WE GO!!!

From: Sports Tickets [mailto:sportstickets@ticketmaster.ie]
    Sent: 14 December 2011 13:12
    To:
    Subject: Emerald Isle Classic - Notre Dame V Navy

The Emerald Isle Classic – Notre Dame V Navy

When: Sat 1 Sep 2012

Where: Aviva Stadium

Presale starts Thursday 15th December at 10am.

Aviva Stadium will host the 86th playing of the Navy-Notre Dame game on September 1st 2012. The Navy-Notre Dame rivalry is the longest continuous intersectional rivalry in college football with the two schools having met every year since 1927.

The game will be a full NCAA regular season game and the outcome is expected to have a major effect on both teams National Championship prospects. Both teams have visited Dublin in the past, having played against each other in Croke Park, Dublin in November 1996. On that occasion, Notre Dame won 54-27.

Speaking of the decision to take the game to Ireland, Naval Academy Director of Athletics, Chet Gladchuk, said: "To see this stadium is to believe it has to be one of the finest venues in the world. Although modest in capacity, few stadiums anywhere have attended to the detail, aesthetics and fan comfort found at Aviva. I guarantee those who travel to Ireland and attend this event will enjoy an experience that will be awesome and a memory not to be forgotten. Navy is very much looking forward to our visit and the wonderful experience we expect our coaches, players, fans and friends will enjoy."

The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) also praised the decision of returning the game to Ireland. "We are delighted with the news that Navy and Notre Dame are coming to Dublin in 2012. Given the rivalry between the two teams, we are sure it will be a wonderful spectacle and will have a really positive impact on the game of American Football in Ireland."

Tickets go on presale on Thursday 15th December at 10am until Friday 23rd December at midnight. To purchase tickets please follow the link below and enter the password (the password can be used to purchase a maximum of 6 tickets). Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis while stocks last.

Presale Link (active on Thursday 15th at 10am):

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?did=tm

Password (CaSE SEnsitIVe): ********

Regards,

Ticketmaster

If you have received this email, you have either subscribed to the Free E-mail News Service or are a former Ticketmaster customer that has selected "Yes" to receiving information from Ticketmaster and carefully selected companies. To remove yourself from this mailing list, please click on the link below.

Please do not reply to this email, as you will not get a response.

How did you get that me-skywalker??

Presale Link (active on Thursday 15th at 10am):

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?did=tm

Password (CaSE SEnsitIVe): ********

Password (CaSE SEnsitIVe): *******

Hey Skywalker, did you asterisk out the code or is the code just all asterisks?

If it's the former would you mind putting it up after you've got your tickets? If it's the latter many thanks!

No e-mail here. Maybe people on the IAFL list got it

Dodge wrote: »
    No e-mail here. Maybe people on the IAFL list got it

Nope we didn't

If you have received this email, you have either subscribed to the Free E-mail News Service or are a former Ticketmaster customer that has selected "Yes" to receiving information from Ticketmaster and carefully selected companies. To remove yourself from this mailing list, please click on the link below.

Please do not reply to this email, as you will not get a response.

Id say this is why he got it. Most people never tick this box or untick etc etc when signing up.

Edit: you can go into your ticketmaster account and tick it now and it says alerts will come 72 hours after you tick it. so you never know it might be sent to you after that. I went and added both teams and the aviva as fav venue and teams etc etc also.

Shades799 wrote: »
    Hey Skywalker, did you asterisk out the code or is the code just all asterisks?

If it's the former would you mind putting it up after you've got your tickets? If it's the latter many thanks!

Got email from ticketmaster. I signed up as normal to ticketing updates subscription. Its an actual code. Im bit skeptical actually about publishing the code as it would be linked to my account?

Yeah, the code is linked to your account. Don't spread that. Much as I'd like it, keep it to yourself until you have your tickets!

I usually get e-mails from ticketmaster but haven't got one yet

No hassle, I wouldn't ask you to do something you weren't comfortable with but I would think you were fine.

I get emails every month from the f*ckers and I didn't get no code! Bloody Hell!!

Dodge wrote: »
    Yeah, the code is linked to your account. Don't spread that. Much as I'd like it, keep it to yourself until you have your tickets!

I usually get e-mails from ticketmaster but haven't got one yet

Yeah I would agree with this dude that code will most likely be unique. Don't spread it about just in case it affects your tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Got email from ticketmaster. I signed up as normal to ticketing updates subscription. Its an actual code. Im bit skeptical actually about publishing the code as it would be linked to my account?

I got a ticketmaster presale code for a concert last year and shared it with my brother without issue. I agree, be cautious with sharing it until you've secured your own tickets but then think about sharing :D

Sorry guys! I really hope everyone who really wants one gets one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I'd say very few tickets will go in the presale if this is the only way the code is being distributed. The vast majority of people signing up to ticketmaster "untick" these boxes to avoid unwanted emails. No need to panic.... Yet!

Id say this is why he got it. Most people never tick this box or untick etc etc when signing up.
    Shades799 wrote: »
    I get emails every month from the f*ckers and I didn't get no code! Bloody Hell!!

I usually get these types of mails but didn't get this one, that's why I asked. It's obviously something in me-skywalker's email preferences that I didn't tick.
    Sorry guys! I really hope everyone who really wants one gets one!!!

Usually these presale codes aren't unique and it's one code across the board (from my own experience with concert ticket presales), but you're probably safest not spreading it around 'til you've got your own anyway to be sure!

If it's a word like FoOtbalL12 or something it won't be unique, but if it's a random collection of letters it'll be unique.

I usually get these types of mails but didn't get this one, that's why I asked. It's obviously something in me-skywalker's email preferences that I didn't tick.

Usually these presale codes aren't unique and it's one code across the board (from my own experience with concert ticket presales), but you're probably safest not spreading it around 'til you've got your own anyway to be sure!

If it's a word like FoOtbalL12 or something it won't be unique, but if it's a random collection of letters it'll be unique.

I can confirm that that is it a complete random jumble of letters and numbers.

Would feel sh!tty if I'm the only one that gets this as there are some huge fans on this forum!

The ticket limit is 6 and I'm buying 4. There is one user on the forum that has offered me something really cool to buy before so he'll get first preference on the code guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Ticketmaster outdoing themselves again anyway. Great start to the event.

"When are the tickets on sale? not sure really, if you went to a concert last year and ticked a box you might be able to get one."
    "What about football fans in Ireland or mainland Europe who want to go? What? What football game?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

NO MORE TOUTING OF CODES OR CONVERSATIONS THERE ON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

this game is gonna be huge
    biggest rivalry in american football
    such a shame the stadium is so small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

conno16 wrote: »

Not really. It's not even either side's biggest rivalry game. NDs would be USC and Navy's would be Army.

Then you've got to look at some of the matchups in the SEC and other conferences

• Advertisement

conno16 wrote: »
    this game is gonna be huge
    such a shame the stadium is so small

Biggest Rivalry in American Football? Navy Vs Army is a bigger rivalry for Navy than ND is.

Advertisement