Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Imagine the scanario if say Tyrone and Kerry are in the final. The amoutn of people looking to come down to stay the night along with the increased Americans tourists will push the city to breaking point. If both games are on the same day and it'll be a logistical nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Imagine the scanario if say Tyrone and Kerry are in the final. The amoutn of people looking to come down to stay the night along with the increased Americans tourists will push the city to breaking point. If both games are on the same day and it'll be a logistical nightmare.

The NCAA game is on the Saturday and the All Ireland would be on the Sunday. I think had they both been on the same day the Gardai would have objected alone. Their force would have been too stretched to cover both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any recommendations for hotels or b and b's around the area? I think I'll book one up in the next couple of weeks to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

I'd say it wont even go close to a sell out.....4o,ooo max. Mind you if e7o is the top priced ticket, I may be wrong on that....;)
    Luckily its not at Croker, as the great stadium just doesnt lend itself to gridiron. Bears/Steelers there a few years back was a non event from a spectating point of view.

Go IRISH....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

hmmm if tickets go on sale this month be handy to know which teams on which sideline for ticket buying purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

You missed my point. A few including you told me it would never happen and that they would never have discussed it originally. I stand by what i was told and now the fact they are looking into moving it for other reasons suggests it might well have been discussed originally. If you ask me the GAA fooked up on this one. The could have made a bucket load of money but said no to the idea and now they are thinking of moving their finals to save money. Madness.

no youve missed the point. What i said was that there was no way the dates would be changed so that Croker could be used for another sport. The article you quote refers to events clashing which is what happened with the Ryder cup before. I think you need to let go of this notion that it might well have been discussed. Old news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

According to the Aviva Stadium Website the tickets go on sale in the spring.

According to the Aviva Stadium Website the tickets go on sale in the spring.

Despite what others have said, I expect this to sell out quickly. There'll be at least 20-25k over from the states and I'm sure a lot of college football fans will travel over from Britain as well.

• Advertisement

Despite what others have said, I expect this to sell out quickly. There'll be at least 20-25k over from the states and I'm sure a lot of college football fans will travel over from Britain as well.

I agree with you. Between the 20k Navy/ND Fans/Alumni already traveling from the US added with the other High Schools and College coming over who will surely go which is easily another 1000 at least and then all the Irish American Football league folk added with their friends and family, everyone on here and all the other Irish fans and Americans living in Europe and then UK fans and other Europeans who are football mad. This will easily sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Guess the idea of moving a final isn't such a taboo after all. I told you guys what I originally heard until they settled on the Aviva but it does look like the GAA toyed with the idea of moving the final as they are once again looking at the idea.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/gaa-looking-at-later-dates-for-allireland-finals-2921031.html

Also I heard today the tickets are on sale this month the dearest ticket being €70.
    You missed my point. A few including you told me it would never happen and that they would never have discussed it originally. I stand by what i was told and now the fact they are looking into moving it for other reasons suggests it might well have been discussed originally. If you ask me the GAA fooked up on this one. The could have made a bucket load of money but said no to the idea and now they are thinking of moving their finals to save money. Madness.

The finals aren't being moved. They'll be played on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of September which is in accordance with the GAA's official guide, due to there being 5 Sundays in September in 2012.

6.31 All-Ireland Finals
    The All Ireland Senior Finals shall be played in Croke
    Park: the Football Final shall be played on the penultimate
    Sunday in September and the Hurling Final shall be
    played two weeks previous. In exceptional circumstances,
    the Central Council may make other arrangements.

As for the article linked above, there's not exactly much in it. Every GAA member in the country can bring a motion to their club which is in turn brought to the county board. The county board will then vote on whether or not to bring this to central congress where it will be ultimately passed or rejected. The reason the DCB are interested in shortening the intercounty season is so that club players can play meaningful games in the summer months instead of trying to squeeze everything into September/October.

An Citeog wrote: »
    The finals aren't being moved. They'll be played on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of September which is in accordance with the GAA's official guide, due to there being 5 Sundays in September in 2012.

6.31 All-Ireland Finals
    The All Ireland Senior Finals shall be played in Croke
    Park: the Football Final shall be played on the penultimate
    Sunday in September and the Hurling Final shall be
    played two weeks previous. In exceptional circumstances,
    the Central Council may make other arrangements.

As for the article linked above, there's not exactly much in it. Every GAA member in the country can bring a motion to their club which is in turn brought to the county board. The county board will then vote on whether or not to bring this to central congress where it will be ultimately passed or rejected. The reason the DCB are interested in shortening the intercounty season is so that club players can play meaningful games in the summer months instead of trying to squeeze everything into September/October.

You missed the point and to be honest I really don't care if the moving of the finals is actually happening in the end etc etc. This isn't the GAA forum.

According to the Ticketmaster Website:

PRESALE

Start: Wed 14/12/11, 10:00
    End: Sun 22/08/10, 11:59

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?artistid=5028920&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

According to the Ticketmaster Website:

PRESALE

Start: Wed 14/12/11, 10:00
    End: Sun 22/08/10, 11:59

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004788A7926400?artistid=5028920&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

How will the presale work? Anyone know how to get a code or something?

How will the presale work? Anyone know how to get a code or something?

No idea if I find out more I will you guys know. Im guessing this pre-sale works off codes or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Presale dates make no sense. Price range of 35-90 euro is pretty reasonable too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

YOu'll need a password alright. Now where to find one
    You can purchase any combination of adult and child ticket in the presale providing that you do not exceed the ticket limit of 4. For example 2 adults and 2 child tickets or 1 adult and 3 child tickets.
    Please enter your password in both password fields below when purchasing both Adult and Child Tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

how the hell does that work. The presale end date is already gone ...... :confused:

Im smashed what a ****e time to bring out the tickets no way I can buy em right now or before the end of xmas. FFS If I miss out on a ticker I will be raging.

D3PO wrote: »
    I will be raging.

Sounds like you're raging anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

any more info on the presale for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it wouldn't surprise me if this is some closed presale to Alumni and Travel Agents, the Sunday Times was saying 25,000 yanks are coming over...

it wouldn't surprise me if this is some closed presale to Alumni and Travel Agents, the Sunday Times was saying 25,000 yanks are coming over...

That wouldn't be on ticketmaster Ireland though. The 'travel packages' have been on sale for well over a year now.

it could've simply been ticketmaster adding the event from a template and not changing the dates (maybe explained by the 2010 deadline)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think if you are an Aviva member (House, Car, Health insurance) you can set up an Aviva stadium account - which gives you the pre-sale password stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Makes sense, the Alumni get the codes distriubuted amongst themselves, Aviva sells a batch to Irish Tourism Board.... can anybody confirm when us peons will get tickets?

aarrgghhh patience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I think if you are an Aviva member (House, Car, Health insurance) you can set up an Aviva stadium account - which gives you the pre-sale password stuff.

Can anybody confirm if this is the case? The wife is with Aviva, would be great to make use of it for something other than doctors bills!

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Can anybody confirm if this is the case? The wife is with Aviva, would be great to make use of it for something other than doctors bills!

Yeah I would like to know how this is done also as I am with Aviva.

Yeah I would like to know how this is done also as I am with Aviva.

I rang Aviva there to check this out and having first confused the daylights out of the young wan on the other end of the phone, I was eventually told no such "priority booking" scheme exists for Aviva members...

Back to the drawing board :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Benny Cake wrote: »
    I rang Aviva there to check this out and having first confused the daylights out of the young wan on the other end of the phone, I was eventually told no such "priority booking" scheme exists for Aviva members...

Back to the drawing board :(

How is it companies can be so thick?

https://stadium.aviva.ie/pages/aviva_advantages

• Advertisement

How is it companies can be so thick?

https://stadium.aviva.ie/pages/aviva_advantages

Some shower of dopes, the person I spoke to was adamant this wasn't the case!! Thanks for the heads-up anyway, I'll get back onto them...

Advertisement