Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks is sky news still fta? I’m getting a black screen

Working fine for me here

Edit
    On both 12207V and 12070H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks is sky news still fta? I’m getting a black screen

Yes, still there.

Went on mine last week but got it back after a rescan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

On Freesat EPG, Pick 144 (SD) and Pick+1 145 (SD) just split for the duration of the match coverage. The HD version is still in FTA land.

Pick HD launched earlier today on Freesat 147, with the SD version stil on 144 and the +1 version on 145

So it looks like this HD channel will only be temporary, just until the end of 2019/20 Premier League season. It would have replaced the SD version if it was a permanent launch

EPG listings have Live PL games on 147 only. Regular Pick programmes are on 144 and 145

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have pick on ch159 so don't need to go into other channels. It is just the SD channel. Found the football in the planner for Friday and next Sunday. All I can give out about is that they won't series link :(

159 is still pick........... but now it is HD, even though it does not have a HD in the name like the rest of the channels

SD channel is moved to 895

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So there will be no FTA SD football? My box streams SD all over the house no bother but HD is only viewable over HDMI.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

159 is still pick........... but now it is HD, even though it does not have a HD in the name like the rest of the channels

SD channel is moved to 895

You must live outside of the Rep of Ireland so, because on the Irish EPG it is stil the Irish SD version of Pick on Sky 159

So there will be no FTA SD football? My box streams SD all over the house no bother but HD is only viewable over HDMI.

The UK SD version of Pick will be Free-to-view on Sky boxes, rather than Free-to-air due to rights issues with Premier League football

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

no fta premiership football on pick in ireland?

just heard an ad saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

no fta premiership football on pick in ireland?

just heard an ad saying that

Not officially. Scroll up a few posts to find how to add Pick UK HD to Other Channels (for Sky boxes)

Not officially. Scroll up a few posts to find how to add Pick UK HD to Other Channels (for Sky boxes)

it was on pick hd fta (non sky box) where i heard it

• Advertisement

it was on pick hd fta (non sky box) where i heard it

That's because the SD version of Pick that is on the Sky and Virgin Media EPG's in Ireland aren't showing the football. It's on Sky One for those customers.

But as mentioned numerous times, it's FTA on Freesat 147 and through Other Channels on Sky HD boxes or any FTA HD receiver

ok cool
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

All along I thought Sky treated Irish customers as second class citizens but now it seems they created a "special" version of Pick just for them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You must live outside of the Rep of Ireland so, because on the Irish EPG it is stil the Irish SD version of Pick on Sky 159

Nope, I’m in Dublin. Irish sky box, no sub anymore. Old UK card stuck in it though.

Nope, I’m in Dublin. Irish sky box, no sub anymore. Old UK card stuck in it though.

Exactly. You've a UK EPG, I was talking about the Irish EPG with RTÉ One HD on 101

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I haven't been down home since the start of lockdown, can I be lazy and just ask what decent channels have appeared in the last 3 months that might be worth putting on the parents box? I think Smithsonian was the last one I put on it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thargor wrote: »
    I haven't been down home since the start of lockdown, can I be lazy and just ask what decent channels have appeared in the last 3 months that might be worth putting on the parents box? I think Smithsonian was the last one I put on it, thanks.

PickHD for some Premier League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

PickHD for some Premier League games.

PickHD is only a temporary channel. It will be closing again soon. HGTV+1 became free to air. A few closed like challenge +1, Sony crime, retro and a few music channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sky Arts is joining Freesat in September. Presumably they'll have a quick test period. No suggestion of whether SD or HD. I see Pick HD is still running on Ch 147

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

Sky Arts is joining Freesat in September. Presumably they'll have a quick test period. No suggestion of whether SD or HD. I see Pick HD is still running on Ch 147

The circular says freeview in September, other platforms under consideration, it would be very welcome on Sat.

• Advertisement

Broadcast magazine which is the industry must read stats Freesat in the article headline, I'm not a subscriber maybe someone here is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Heiser

Is channel 4+1 available? I can't seem to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Heiser wrote: »
    Is channel 4+1 available? I can't seem to get it

Yes on 10936 V

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

What about Paramount+1

martin6651 wrote: »
    What about Paramount+1

10964H - same as Paramount

EDIT: No longer broadcasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

martin6651 wrote: »
    What about Paramount+1

I think the +1 was dropped last week.

Pick HD 147 has been removed, Sky Arts to take that number?

They are fiddling with the EPG data as I type so 144 Pick SD is also missing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Still getting it FTA as of 14:00

• Advertisement

Still getting it FTA as of 14:00

Same here this minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement