Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's the only one in HD. Have you got HD?

https://en.satexpat.com/tp/28.2e/11538V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I do have HD, one which is a bit wonky (Phase Shift error)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It wont show up by name yet only the number '22631'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some disappointing news has been reported in a column by Broadcast for BBC Three again.

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/bbc/bbc3-needs-to-balance-online-and-linear/5154323.article

It is now thought that if BBC Three will come back with a linear type schedule; it will still not be coming back on traditional TV at this point. It could still remain online-only on BBC iPlayer in the UK. There has been one problem highlighted with movies shown on BBC Three in the past. Normally they were not allowed to be broadcast on iPlayer because the BBC did not have the rights to show them online. Movies shown on BBC Three in the UK back then were only available for linear TV.

So; if BBC Three comes back with a linear schedule in the not too distant future, it may or may not come back with movies in it's schedule if it's gets beefed up on iPlayer. Another problem is how to create a daily schedule for it either part time or full time. A 24/7 schedule is kind of a disaster for BBC Three because there is not enough original content to make it attractive to a new audience if it ever gets a linear schedule back at all. Sounds like a dead duck tbh.

Court TV yes Court TV has arrived on Freesat Ch 177.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

"22631"

Tried this again today and did not get any glitches or stuttering.

It appears they have ironed out the transmission glitches.

I kow little of Ayozat or their intentions on Satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Re: Sky Arts

not that i'm complaining but why would sky allow one of their flagship channels to go FTA, it doesn't make business sense

Not sure of the logic unless Sky have a premium version with all HD content or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'd say it's about reaching a certain socioeconomic demographic who are more likely to subscribe to their paid service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also, free to air means bigger possible audience, so possibly more expensive ads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'm pretty sure only the SD version is FTA as well. That helps advertise a Sky sub as a superior product

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Sky News has always been free to air since it launched over 30 years ago, and Pick and Challenge have been for some time. They’ve dabbled in making other channels free to air from time to time (Sky Sports News had a brief-ish stint on Freeview) Sky will do free to air if it suits them and as mentioned above this goes down well in terms of decision makers in the U.K. in particular.

SportyStuff TV has arrived on 252 freesat it's HD or upscaled HD depending on what the coverage is. Its basically the greyhound channel again under a new guise with stuff padding out the hours.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭mike2084

SportyStuff TV has arrived on 252 freesat it's HD or upscaled HD depending on what the coverage is. Its basically the greyhound channel again under a new guise with stuff padding out the hours.

Will have Saturday mornings now as well.

https://www.sis.tv/news/sis-agrees-long-term-media-rights-deal-with-gtv/

Great for this niche :) Pleasantly surprised they are using a version of HD that I can watch! - the more common version won't work on my box due to hardware error (as mentioned on previous page)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭mike2084

As far as I understand it's the SIS tracks are now going to be on RPGTV. The Racing Partnership tracks which were on RPGTV have a deal with Sky Sports Racing from Wednesday evening.

https://www.arenaracingcompany.co.uk/media-centre/news/greyhounds/arc-and-sky-sports-racing-confirm-daily-greyhound-coverage

Just noticed that 22631 (?) has received its new name - SportyStuff HD.

It appears to have happened this evening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Sporty Stuff TV HD launched on Freesat 250 on 21st January and on Sky 437 yesterday (1st Feb)

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/98199240#Comment_98199240

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-February-2021/td-p/3598168

Ah yes 252, must have been thinking of radio! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

2 new HD channels have come up for testing on 28.2E which are WION HD & TJC HD.

WION HD (World is One HD) - 11265 V 27500 FEC: 2/3

TJC HD (The Jewellery Channel HD) - 11686 V 23000 FEC 2/3

Sky News Radio is also testing on satellite radio feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume religious and shopping channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

dulpit wrote: »
    I assume religious and shopping channels?

WION (World is One News) is an international English language news-based pay television channel in India owned by Essel Group. It is part of the Zee Media network of channels. The channel reports global news and issues.
    From google

Maz2016 wrote: »
    WION (World is One News) is an international English language news-based pay television channel in India owned by Essel Group. It is part of the Zee Media network of channels. The channel reports global news and issues.
    From google

WION looks like an interesting addition.

One complaint ...... that incessant background 'musak' is annoying to the extent that I turned off the channel because of it.

If it keeps that I will delete the channel from my list again.

Have you any details of Freq/Service Name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Have you any details of Freq/Service Name?

Just saw this on lyngsat, don’t know if it works

https://www.lyngsat.com/radiochannels/uk/Sky-News-Radio.html

Just saw this on lyngsat, don’t know if it works

https://www.lyngsat.com/radiochannels/uk/Sky-News-Radio.html

Thank you.

The channels is live on both frequencies but not transmitting content it seems when I checked.

EDIT:

Just tried again now and there is audio. So all seems good, thanks again. ;)

It seems I caught the hourly bulletin from IRN and nothing in between, at least for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

WION (World is One News)

sounds like one of them evangelist nutjob channels

fryup wrote: »
    sounds like one of them evangelist nutjob channels

Maybe you should check it out before making such comment ;)

RTE2 +1 is now on the Sky epg on channel 202!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks for the Freesports tip, just realised they have the Championship League Snooker rights, fecking lovely.

Between ITV4/BBC and Freesports you have pretty much across the board snooker coverage, one of the few free sports left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement