Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Stagecoach - John Wayne - was supposed to be showing now, but there is no transmission it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is anyone else finding Quest/Quest Red and DMAX very weak lately? Signal is breaking up for me no matter how often I scan the transponder (12382 H). Sometimes Quest wont even be there when I scan. Has there been some change I might have missed?

All other channels fine. Box is an Ariva 250.

I don't often watch Quest myself, but I have had no complaints from others.

Have your tried Quest HD on 11,426.5V?
    Is that also weak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fine for me

Never knew HD existed, Ill give it a go tomorrow thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

no problem with quest hd

Its really weird it seems to be just that transponder, can a slight satellite misalignment during the recent storms (dish is on exposed Atlantic coast) mess with a single transponder and leave the rest fine do you think? Anyway not the purpose of the thread, Ill try Quest HD in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

All other channels are fine, and it is just that transponder?

https://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

Probably not, unless you checked every one of them. There are big variations in transponder strength, some very weak ones on the Europe footprint. An example is 11082 H 22000 which carries the SD version of CNN. Can you get that one?

Saying that 12382 and 11426 are both on the UK footprint and are about equal with me. But not super strong and I have a 1.2 m dish on the East coast. If you have a small dish, some transponders might be on the threshold of just being too weak under some conditions. And as you say it could be an alignment issue.

A super strong one is 10964 H, Channel 5.

All other channels are fine, and it is just that transponder?

https://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

Probably not, unless you checked every one of them. There are big variations in transponder strength, some very weak ones on the Europe footprint. An example is 11082 H 22000 which carries the SD version of CNN. Can you get that one?

Saying that 12382 and 11426 are both on the UK footprint and are about equal with me. But not super strong and I have a 1.2 m dish on the East coast. If you have a small dish, some transponders might be on the threshold of just being too weak under some conditions. And as you say it could be an alignment issue.

A super strong one is 10964 H, Channel 5.
    It seems that way, and Food Channel on the Quest transponder is fine aswell, as is CNN on whatever transponder that is, Ive tried a reboot of the box and everything aswell.

Also Quest was perfect on a completely knackered old dish held together by cable ties, I replaced that at Christmas and everything was perfect on the new dish until the last week or two when Quest/Red and DMAX all started glitching like mad, no issues with everything else. Have deleted the transponder and rescanned it a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Thargor wrote: »
    Its really weird it seems to be just that transponder, can a slight satellite misalignment during the recent storms (dish is on exposed Atlantic coast) mess with a single transponder and leave the rest fine do you think? Anyway not the purpose of the thread, Ill try Quest HD in the morning.

it could be the skew of your LNB....go to 1.10 in this video

(you may have to turn it more than 16 deg - it shouldn't effect other channels)

• Advertisement

Thanks Ill give it a try, still doesnt explain why it just suddenly started acting up without affecting other channels though, it just had to be the one freesat channel I actually like aswell apart from BBC/CH4/other big ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Talking pictures working for lads here? Literally every ktehr channel is fine but when I go onto it no picture or sound but no tune failed either. Searched using the current frequency and it comes up but when I click on it nothing

Talking pictures working for lads here? Literally every ktehr channel is fine but when I go onto it no picture or sound but no tune failed either. Searched using the current frequency and it comes up but when I click on it nothing

Working here presently ...... 11538V

Thanks Ill give it a try, still doesnt explain why it just suddenly started acting up without affecting other channels though, it just had to be the one freesat channel I actually like aswell apart from BBC/CH4/other big ones...

Quest HD is perfect anyway so thanks for that. Just saw there was a Smithsonian channel available having not looked in this forum in a long time but thats glitching aswell so maybe it is an allignment issue, Im going to try skewing the LNB tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Quest HD is perfect anyway so thanks for that. Just saw there was a Smithsonian channel available having not looked in this forum in a long time but thats glitching aswell so maybe it is an allignment issue, Im going to try skewing the LNB tomorrow.

Check the tuning on that. Off hand, I think it's 23000 instead of the usual 22000 or 27500.

There are two Smithsonian versions - one in HD

11265V ...... 720 HD(?)
    11508.5V ... 1080 Full HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

New HD version of Pick is testing. Currently has EPG data starting next Wednesday (17th), all ahead of live Premier League games on Pick from Friday 19th

12363 V 27500 2/3 S2 8PSK - "5829"

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2381708/pick-hd-on-the-way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

New HD version of Pick is testing. Currently has EPG data starting next Wednesday (17th), all ahead of live Premier League games on Pick from Friday 19th

fingers x the epg will show the EPL games on the 19th and at least we will be able to watch the games in other channels on a sky box

pick hd still there?

cant seem to tune it

• Advertisement

I'm not finding that ....... has it moved perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I'm not finding that ....... has it moved perchance?
    It's just a placeholder for now, no vid or audio being transmitted yet so some devices don't see it. There is EPG data for Pick HD starts at 6am on 17/6/20

It's just a placeholder for now, no vid or audio being transmitted yet so some device don't see it. There is EPG data for Pick HD starts at 6am on 17/6/20

Strange ...... usually I can pick up PIDs - 5829 in this case - whether or not there is content transmitted.

details :-

516134.jpg

Thanks Gerry ..... I cannot check at the moment as the system is down for some rewiring.
    I will try again later tonight or definitely over weekend.

EDIT:

Tried again and still no sign of Service Name 5289 ...... 5828 and 5835 are there ........ I guess I will have to wait for some change ...... :)

EDIT2:

I gave in and just entered the details and the channel showed up in my channel list.
    Got EPG starting at 6am Tuesday 16th next.

gerry , should i be able to get pick hd with the zgemma h7s?

It's just a placeholder for now, no vid or audio being transmitted yet so some devices don't see it. There is EPG data for Pick HD starts at 6am on 17/6/20

EPG data has been updated and now starts at 6am Tuesday (16th)

That doesn't mean it will launch then, but no doubt it will launch next Thursday or Friday on Freesat and on Sky in the UK. No confirmation yet if it will launch here on Sky or on other platforms. Those will Sky boxes can add it manually to Other Channels if it doesn't appear on the EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Are Pick showing Premier League games?

gerry , should i be able to get pick hd with the zgemma h7s?
    At the moment if you scan the above TP you will see the number listed instead of a channel name but wont see anything (yet) on screen when you select it.

• Advertisement

Kalyke wrote: »
    Are Pick showing Premier League games?

Yes. Sky are showing 25 games Free-to-air on their Pick channel until the end of the season. Here are the chosen games that are confirmed so far

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1676010

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement