Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Great, The Virginian is retained, love that old show! Pity the channel won’t appear on the Sky epg here!

Love the old shows...The one I never see repeated is Rich Man Poor Man...I know I am showing the age😅

Yes looking at it as I write this.

MUTV.png

I have it here now,but no sound

Still can’t access MUTV on my sky hd box on 418 or 870 or on other channels when I input the tuning details. Maybe it’s blocked on sky to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I can tune in MUTV no problem but also no sound.

I can tune in MUTV no problem but also no sound.

On a sky plus hd box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Great, The Virginian is retained, love that old show! Pity the channel won’t appear on the Sky epg here!

james drury. i was raised on 70s re-runs of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

On a sky plus hd box?

No, just a bog standard free to air receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

I'm using DVB Viewer Pro on my PC and initially couldn't pull in MUTV, checked out KingofSats entered the channel details still no joy, I then changed the Modulation to "Auto" and the pictures appeared (no audio as others have pointed out) Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a new channel and yet it is - True Movies which became Sony Movies (Christmas) will become Sony Movie Classics on Monday and having had a glance at the first week, it looks like it'll be reasonably true to its name.

So that's three channels that now cater for this market from very different angles - Talking Pictures (British emphasis with tv series in the mix), Retro (copyright free 144 kbps crap) and Sony with it's mainstream and more Hollywood based fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There is a +1 for Christmas ...... will that be a Classics +1 in future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

I see Starz Christmas has reverted to Starz TV and remains on the EPG - I hope this stays as it's my one bug bear of Freesat is the lack of music channels that are available FTA.

I know they're all on Youtube, but I like a passive, background music tv experience. Also my daughter loves the music channels and i don't want her near youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I installed a freesat box in my parents house many years ago. Disconnected it at the weekend and connected the satellite feed straight into the LG TV. Took a good while to reorder the channels as chansort wouldn't work but got there in the end. There are so many free to air channels including music channels not on sky and freesat that free to air box box or TV is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

recyclebin wrote: »
    I installed a freesat box in my parents house many years ago. Disconnected it at the weekend and connected the satellite feed straight into the LG TV. Took a good while to reorder the channels as chansort wouldn't work but got there in the end. There are so many free to air channels including music channels not on sky and freesat that free to air box box or TV is the only way to go.

I have thought this way for a long time, however now I've 4 of these set ups on the go, after years of maintaining, retuning and re-ordering channels on one of them, I don't have the patience to do it on all of them now.

So 3 freesat setups which just reliably work for the family to use, one fta for me to tinker with as I please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I moved recently & never bothered getting sat. setup again. Just using the players, apps etc now & don't really miss it -
    Though i think 95% of fta is crap anyway - apart from recording things I never watch

mollser wrote: »
    I have thought this way for a long time, however now I've 4 of these set ups on the go, after years of maintaining, retuning and re-ordering channels on one of them, I don't have the patience to do it on all of them now.

So 3 freesat setups which just reliably work for the family to use, one fta for me to tinker with as I please!

I covered that annoyance by having one central device and tuners and separate cheap Android boxes at each TV to use the central tuners.
    Only one (central) device to maintain and all others get the full benefit and all with same interface.
    The media is distributed over the LAN.

5Spike is to close, getting merged into Paramount. Not sure we'll be able to spot the difference.

FTA Paramount

Waiting for this to settle, not quite sure what is happening TBH.

5Spike still has the same Service Name, although it is broadcasting Paramount Network, on 10964H.
    5Spike+1 also retains its Service Name on 10964H although not broadcasting any content.

Paramount is on 11344H as it was previously.

Essentially we appear to have lost two channels, as there is now one (and one duplicate) where we had three (Paramount, 5Spike & 5Spike+1).

At least the above is what I appear to be getting - anyone with a different experience?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

FTA Paramount

Waiting for this to settle, not quite sure what is happening TBH.

5Spike still has the same Service Name, although it is broadcasting Paramount Network, on 10964H.
    5Spike+1 also retains its Service Name on 10964H although not broadcasting any content.

Paramount is on 11344H as it was previously.

Essentially we appear to have lost two channels, as there is now one (and one duplicate) where we had three (Paramount, 5Spike & 5Spike+1).

At least the above is what I appear to be getting - anyone with a different experience?

Any Toshiba and Walker TVs I have setup since Tuesday. I've left paramount on both sets of frequencies of the channel list.

Navarre wrote: »
    Any Toshiba and Walker TVs I have setup since Tuesday. I've left paramount on both sets of frequencies of the channel list.

Is the former 5Spike channel carrying a 'Paramount' Service Name or does it still retain the 5Spike name on the devices you have set up?

Thanks for confirming that we have effectively lost two channels.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Is the former 5Spike channel carrying a 'Paramount' Service Name or does it still retain the 5Spike name on the devices you have set up?

Thanks for confirming that we have effectively lost two channels.

both 5 spike and and 5 spike + 1 still show up 5 spike has the Paramount name in the top corner , 5 spike +1 is only a blank screen. I do feel that the original Paramount on 11344H will be gone soon. On 10964H there are channels listed as 7760 and 7761 which are Paramount Network and Paramount Network +1

Navarre wrote: »
    both 5 spike and and 5 spike + 1 still show up 5 spike has the Paramount name in the top corner , 5 spike +1 is only a blank screen. I do feel that the original Paramount on 11344H will be gone soon. On 10964H there are channels listed as 7760 and 7761 which are Paramount Network and Paramount Network +1

Ah!
    Thanks!
    That is where they are now ---- 7760 & 61

That helps to clarify things for me, thank you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Ah!
    Thanks!
    That is where they are now ---- 7760 & 61

That helps to clarify things for me, thank you. ;)

Gone from 5 spike now, were there earlier, and paramouint has gone also from it's original. hopefully they will return to the Spike channel:confused:

10964H is the frequency of both Paramount and Paramount+1

Paramount+1 is on the Sky Irish EPG on channel 250! Probably won’t stay there for long, same thing happened when Paramount originally launched!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

What is the latest settings for Paramount channel via other channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,522 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

mburke wrote: »
    What is the latest settings for Paramount channel via other channels?

10964 H SR 22000 - FEC 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Box Upfront/Boxmas has shut up shop and closed down.

Paramount+1 removed from the Irish Sky epg channel 250 today! Knew it wouldn't last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Paramount+1 removed from the Irish Sky epg channel 250 today! Knew it wouldn't last long!

i still have it on the walker combi tv

i still have it on the walker combi tv

That is because your Walker does not use Sky's EPG ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Retro Movies has ended on Freesat 307 according to DS log. If so hardly a surprise, it always felt like holding operation at best, so will something else more substantial appear from the holder of that slot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement