Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Kalyke wrote: »
    Are Pick showing Premier League games?

Yep. The details for June are here. There will be some games available free to air on the BBC as well.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/06/full-list-of-premier-league-fixtures-on.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Alas guys I posted elsewhere / roi sky epg not showing the game on pick - the game is showing on sky ni epg - so looks like the footie is on pickhd in other channels In roi

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kooga wrote: »
    Alas guys I posted elsewhere / roi sky epg not showing the game on pick - the game is showing on sky ni epg - so looks like the footie is on pickhd in other channels In roi

Yes had a look on Freesat epg, game is showing there for Friday night. Hope HD variant is up and running for that.

Apparently some posters from Digital Spy have said that Digiguide has posted a new channel called Pick Alternate which will show the regular Pick schedule but without the live Premier League games from Sky. I am not sure if this channel could be restricted to Sky customers in the UK & Ireland.

The channel label for Pick HD (5829) had a Dolby Digital logo added to it last night with no video or audio yet.

But we could be seeing Pick HD & Pick Alternate without the PL games as two seperate channels.

I think the Pick Alternate channel is on this frequency along with a Sky Store promo in SD. Pick Alternate comes up as 5828.

11.914 H SR 27500 FEC 5/6 DVBS QPSK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Apparently some posters from Digital Spy have said that Digiguide has posted a new channel called Pick Alternate which will show the regular Pick schedule but without the live Premier League games from Sky. I am not sure if this channel could be restricted to Sky customers in the UK & Ireland.

The channel label for Pick HD (5829) had a Dolby Digital logo added to it last night with no video or audio yet.

But we could be seeing Pick HD & Pick Alternate without the PL games as two seperate channels.

I think the Pick Alternate channel is on this frequency along with a Sky Store promo in SD. Pick Alternate comes up as 5828.

11.914 H SR 27500 FEC 5/6 DVBS QPSK

Sky Store plays here from 5828 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

5828 and 5829 are showing EPG data for Pick. 5828 does not have the Premier League match on Friday 19th in the EPG data. 5829 does however. 5828 is showing Sky Store channel at the moment in SD. Nothing on 5829, just a placeholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

5829 is on 12363Mhz Vertical 27500 2/3.

Pick Alternate is looking likely to be available on Sky within Ireland only going from this press release.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-sports-will-show-64-live-premier-league-games-and-make-25-available-free-to-air

It confirms that Pick UK will have rights to the live FTA Premier League matches.

Pick UK HD will launch on Wednesday the 17th of June. Confirmed via Sky Help Team's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/SkyHelpTeam/status/1271461788874309640?s=20

Maybe it is me, but I don't read a definitive, not contradicted, answer.

Is Pick HD going to be FTA or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say perhaps for the duration of the remainder of the Premier League. I can't see them offering it in HD after that, if you look at their FTA channels none are in HD, not even Sky News which is surprising as CNN, CNBC, Al Jazeera and even RT are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It will be FTA and on Freesat 144, but not on the Irish Sky EPG. It will have to be added to Other channels

More info here before its launch on Wednesday
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/96712205#Comment_96712205

This is the info Re: Pick from lovinthetelly on Digital Spy.
    12070H 5832 - Pick SD - will encrypt to FTV and show the Premier League games 'free' on Sky SD boxes.
    11914H 5828 - Pick 'new' - will be FTA and show normal programming instead of the football. It's looking like Freesat will move over to this stream, and it'll likely be available somewhere on the Sky EPG too.
    12148H 5530 - Pick Ireland - will remain FTA and also show normal programming in place of any Premier League matches.
    12070H 5836 - Pick+1 - will remain FTA and show a timeshifted version of Pick 'new'/Pick Ireland programming.
    12363V 5829 - Pick HD - will be FTA and show the Premier League games on HD Sky boxes & Freesat.

I know it is all a confusing mess. But this should make things a little more clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is the info Re: Pick from lovinthetelly on Digital Spy.

I know it is all a confusing mess. But this should make things a little more clearer.
    So just to be clear, if I add Pick HD to an Ariva box in Ireland Ill get the Premier League games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thargor wrote: »
    So just to be clear, if I add Pick HD to an Ariva box in Ireland Ill get the Premier League games?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kearney68

Don't know if this is the right place for this question but couldn't find an alternative.

A few channels on my free to air box went off over last few months so I tried to retune by factory reset but afterwards I've only been able to tune back in the English channels and not the Irish ones which were all there before as I have an aerial going into the box for them. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

kearney68 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is the right place for this question but couldn't find an alternative.

A few channels on my free to air box went off over last few months so I tried to retune by factory reset but afterwards I've only been able to tune back in the English channels and not the Irish ones which were all there before as I have an aerial going into the box for them. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks
    Your box probably has an option to perform a terrestrial or antenna scan separate to the satellite scan. A satellite scan wont get you any Irish channels. Have a look in whatever menu you used to scan the UK channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

kooga wrote: »
    fingers x the epg will show the EPL games on the 19th and at least we will be able to watch the games in other channels on a sky box

I have pick on ch159 so don't need to go into other channels. It is just the SD channel. Found the football in the planner for Friday and next Sunday. All I can give out about is that they won't series link :(
    It will be FTA and on Freesat 144, but not on the Irish Sky EPG. It will have to be added to Other channels

More info here before its launch on Wednesday
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/96712205#Comment_96712205

144 on my box is Quest HD. I can't find Pick HD anywhere so maybe it is going to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

kearney68 wrote: »

Where you based - likely Saorview have changed the tuning frequencies (again)

Thargor wrote: »
    Your box probably has an option to perform a terrestrial or antenna scan separate to the satellite scan. A satellite scan wont get you any Irish channels. Have a look in whatever menu you used to scan the UK channels.

Will do thanks

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Where you based - likely Saorview have changed the tuning frequencies (again)

Douglas, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

New Pick now on air

New Pick now on air

Great to see another HD channel FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Virgin media epg

The UK's Freeview twitter feed is telling us that Pick will rebrand to ''Sky Pick''. The HD feed is for Sky Pick HD.

EakKPf4XkAoiHy4?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have Pick on my Sky EPG(English EPG) but no sign if the HD version yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On Freesat EPG, Pick 144 (SD) and Pick+1 145 (SD) just split for the duration of the match coverage. The HD version is still in FTA land.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks is sky news still fta? I’m getting a black screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Cyrus wrote: »
    Folks is sky news still fta? I’m getting a black screen

Try 12070 H 27500. I’m not at my tv to check but that’s coming up as active

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement