Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Boggy wrote: »
    Travel channel + 1 is being replaced by Quest with Irish advertising.

Quest SD (Irish ads) launched on Sky 831 today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Is this FTA ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

mikeecho wrote: »
    Is this FTA ?
    Nope, it's encrypted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

byte wrote: »
    Nope, it's encrypted.
    https://en.kingofsat.net/news.php - New channels news.

For what it's worth
    Sky Digital: A new channel has started in DVB-S2 VideoGuard: Sky Brexit-Free (United Kingdom)
    12188.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:2/3 SID:1639 PID:520

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Sky News Brexit-Free will also be available for free on the Sky News Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Sky News Brexit-Free will also be available for free on the Sky News Youtube channel.
    You would wonder why encrypt it so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bit odd, Sky News is FTA after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kalyke wrote: »
    You would wonder why encrypt it so?

Not only that but a "NEWS" channel without mention of Brexit (if I understand the name correctly) is more than a bit of a contradiction.

How they can claim this to be a News channel when, probably the most important social event in the lifetime of those alive today, along with its impact now and in the future, is to be omitted from the channel?

Very weird, IMO .... unless there is another channel maybe called Brexit-Only to compliment the Brexit-Free channel.

Anyway that is not for this thread.

Due to the apparent lack of content of this channel IMO they can keep it encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Not only that but a "NEWS" channel without mention of Brexit (if I understand the name correctly) is more than a bit of a contradiction.

How they can claim this to be a News channel when, probably the most important social event in the lifetime of those alive today, along with its impact now and in the future, is to be omitted from the channel?

Very weird, IMO .... unless there is another channel maybe called Brexit-Only to compliment the Brexit-Free channel.

Anyway that is not for this thread.

Due to the apparent lack of content of this channel IMO they can keep it encrypted.

It's all a bit "yes, we know you are sick of it. You can just ignore it here, and wait for it to go away!"

Reminds me of "betting without the favourite", except that that can be useful, while ignoring reality.

• Advertisement

More room for environment, Trumps impeachment and Syria.

Bit odd, Sky News is FTA after all.

The Brexit Free channel which is only available in HD is on the same subscription pack as Sky News HD unfortunately

The Brexit Free channel which is only available in HD is on the same subscription pack as Sky News HD unfortunately

Now it's Free-to-View

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Not new, but MUTV (Manchester United) is currently transmitting Free To Air (11914.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6)

EDIT: No audio at the moment though

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Not new, but MUTV (Manchester United) is currently transmitting Free To Air (11914.00MHz, pol.H SR:27500 FEC:5/6)

Well spotted! :)

5Spike is to close, getting merged into Paramount. Not sure we'll be able to spot the difference.

https://twitter.com/5spiketv/status/1205778201768710144

Ffs, I watch the Virginian, the old western series, on Spike! Hope Paramount carry on showing it!

NUTZZ wrote: »

Not free to air now!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Not free to air now!

It is showing FTA here

MU Vs Brighton highlights

5Spike is to close, getting merged into Paramount. Not sure we'll be able to spot the difference.

So the two channels now become one ....... I wonder what will be dropped to make way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

Nothing. Paramount will take the frequency already on Channel 5's transponder and Paramount can now also have a +1. If they don't bother with a +1 for it, there will be one less channel on the transponder - slightly improving picture quality for the remaining ones. The channel will also move higher up the EPG where possible on all platforms in instances where 5 Spike was higher up than Paramount to help make it more visible.

So the two channels now become one ....... I wonder what will be dropped to make way.
    PFMC84 wrote: »
    Nothing. Paramount will take the frequency already on Channel 5's transponder and Paramount can now also have a +1. If they don't bother with a +1 for it, there will be one less channel on the transponder - slightly improving picture quality for the remaining ones. The channel will also move higher up the EPG where possible on all platforms in instances where 5 Spike was higher up than Paramount to help make it more visible.

Nothing?
    If the channels are to be joined into one then some programs will need to be dropped!
    Even if they keep a +1 then that is just a same programs repeated - so some still dropped.

It is showing FTA here

MU Vs Brighton highlights

Is it still FTA for you?....

Is it still FTA for you?....

Yes looking at it as I write this.

MUTV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Yes looking at it as I write this.

i can't seem to pick it up either :confused:

It’s showing ‘clear’ on King of Sat but it won’t show on my sky plus HD box when I put in the tuning details in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Re: Paramount Network on the 7th of January 2020. Here is the listings info from Digiguide. All I can say is good grief.

9am The A Team
    10am The A Team
    11am Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!
    12pm Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away!
    1pm Trucking Hell
    2pm Police Interceptors
    3pm Police Interceptors
    4pm Traffic Cops
    5pm The A Team
    6pm The A Team
    7pm Police Interceptors
    8pm Traffic Cops
    9pm Trucking Hell
    10pm Dragon: Bruce Lee Story
    12:25am Car Crash TV
    1:25am The Virginian: Men From Shiloh
    3am Suits
    3:50am Suits
    4:35am Caught on Camera

Great, The Virginian is retained, love that old show! Pity the channel won’t appear on the Sky epg here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Re: Paramount Network on the 7th of January 2020. Here is the listings info from Digiguide. All I can say is good grief.
    1pm Trucking Hell

A typo presumably :D

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »
    It’s showing ‘clear’ on King of Sat but it won’t show on my sky plus HD box when I put in the tuning details in.

Go to channel 418

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement