Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

well done eliza...looking forward to checking out whatever it is that your doing !!! if its not for men ill tag along under the disguise of my missus !!! :) best of luck with it !!!

for those intereted a nice article in the irish times about wexford recently.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2011/0414/1224294663190.html

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

for those intereted a nice article in the irish times about wexford recently.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2011/0414/1224294663190.html

Thanks, great article. Articulates very well why I really enjoy living in this town, and the business opportunity that it represents.

I still feel that Wexford was quite neglected during the boom years, while the border towns such as Dundalk got a serious amount of investment. Hopefully things might progress a little with the new Gov.

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Unisex!:D But not a clothes shop!!

Thank f*** for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Thanks Johro - things have moved on since my original post and I hope to open on the main street within the next month or so. Cant say too much about it at the moment for a variety of reasons but I am very excited and delighted!!:D:D:D
    Well good luck with it, hope you do well.:)

seen fusciardi's has now closed... chipper down by dunnes beside hidden hearing... was a bit of a shock and not really a shock all at the same time... seemed to be doing ok...

any more news on openings or closures??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

seen fusciardi's has now closed... chipper down by dunnes beside hidden hearing... was a bit of a shock and not really a shock all at the same time... seemed to be doing ok...

any more news on openings or closures??

That has actually been closed ages. atleast since feb

well the piri piri chicken place in the bullring is now closed... pity...was a great addition, new, nothing else like it in town and tasty!

council wouldnt give them a late licence because they didnt want people congregating in that area of town late at night. what a load of toss !

the place had to close by 11 or 11.30 every night and we all know most people come flooding out of pubs and clubs at least an hour and a half later than that.

no chance! well done to the muppets in power that be !

well the piri piri chicken place in the bullring is now closed... pity...was a great addition, new, nothing else like it in town and tasty!

council wouldnt give them a late licence because they didnt want people congregating in that area of town late at night. what a load of toss !

the place had to close by 11 or 11.30 every night and we all know most people come flooding out of pubs and clubs at least an hour and a half later than that.

no chance! well done to the muppets in power that be !

I can't believe it's gone either. The food was amazing. I only tried it for the first time the week before it closed. So sad about that! I didn't know you need to get a special late license for food...

King kebab is also closed... Wonder what the reason was there?

piri piri chicken taken over by "moo mooz" some sort of sweet shop with a twist... is this eliza's shop??? :) bitter sweet symphony!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I think the moo moos shop is actually a milkshake bar, had a gawk in walking over to argos the other day :p I'm really annoyed the chicken place has closed though, every time I walked past I thought I would love to try that - never happened :mad:

• Advertisement

what a shock last night... "cullens" the kids clothes shop which has been there for at least 30 years or more and which has always been there since i was a kid accross from hassets pharmacy and beside new look has now closed and seems to be turning into a new materials, curtain, home interior shop! at least a place is being replaced and not closed and empty ! eliza this is your place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

what a shock last night... "cullens" the kids clothes shop which has been there for at least 30 years or more and which has always been there since i was a kid accross from hassets pharmacy and beside new look has now closed and seems to be turning into a new materials, curtain, home interior shop! at least a place is being replaced and not closed and empty ! eliza this is your place! :)

Haha - no to Moo Mooz and no to the Cullens shop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

That new materials, curtain, home interior shop has allways been there upstairs so not new.

ok mcloughlin thats ok...strange i never noticed it before but they have now got stickers plastered all over the front shop windows of cullens advertising it so maybe they are still just upstairs and cullens is just gone plain and simple and that space is now empty.

ok mcloughlin thats ok...strange i never noticed it before but they have now got stickers plastered all over the front shop windows of cullens advertising it so maybe they are still just upstairs and cullens is just gone plain and simple and that space is now empty.

You know thar side door in the corner it leads up a narrow stairs to the shop its one of those places in wexford that no one appears to have ever been in but strangly does well they got a good bit of publicity from RTE some years back when there stock was used in one of those home improvement shows.

How does everyone feel about an authentic japanese sushi bar opening up in Wexford town?

Is it a bit too esoteric for the Wexford populace or is Wexford ready for something new?

I personally think there is a strong interest in Asian cuisine evinced by all the Chinese take-aways and restaurants and Thai also. The problem is that if there was a party of 6 for example, there's always going to be one or two that wont touch raw fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

00011000 wrote: »
    How does everyone feel about an authentic japanese sushi bar opening up in Wexford town?

Is it a bit too esoteric for the Wexford populace or is Wexford ready for something new?

I personally think there is a strong interest in Asian cuisine evinced by all the Chinese take-aways and restaurants and Thai also. The problem is that if there was a party of 6 for example, there's always going to be one or two that wont touch raw fish.
    Oooh look at you with your fancy words.

Dictionary toilet roll word of the day :)

On Point: I would be one of the party who wont touch raw fish. Tried it not once, but twice and nearly heaved both times.

Appreciate your comments TheChevron! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

00011000 wrote: »

Personally i'd love it, i used to live abroad and ate Sushi almost weekly but have never eaten it in Ireland. Although i'd be sceptical if there would be a market for it here, in the good times it might have had a chance with the trend factor pushing it on as much as the economy. Aswell i tend to stay away unless its genuinely Japanese run.

everyone ive said it to about the sushi bar have said they would love one in town and personally speaking , id love one as well myself.

new coffee shop "blasta coffee" opening in the old keville hairdessers place on the corner beside chocolate and yummy chinese on the bullring side. seen signs up and work going on in there today .... ELIZA??? :)

also looks like a new restaurant opening in the old commodore barry shop in the crescent quay... not sure what style yet ....

marlows have relocated and are opened in anne street ....

also new restaurant opening in the old spanish tapas restaurant in anne street which had closed recently.....

seems like viking glass have made a nice shop in the old soul 2 sole premises north main street and that has tidied that up....

rosslare harbour also being renovated apparently, outside and in which is long overdue... lets hope they keep it in good condition this time!

all my news for now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'd love a sushi bar also - but the rest of my family hate it (1:4 is not a good population base).

Haven't been down town in ages... must go down tomorrow to see whats changed.

marine restaurant over the commodare barry now open or nearly open... walked by there sunday and side door was open, so they're either finishing last few bits upstairs or they are open already !

cafe blasta must be nearly ready to open as well.. seen them working and putting final touches to it last saturday so a couple of more places for food.

also heard recently that wexford has now overtaken kinsale etc as irelands place to be for the best food...some critic made daring claims... michelin standard restaurants for half the price...long may it continue !

marine restaurant over the commodare barry now open or nearly open... walked by there sunday and side door was open, so they're either finishing last few bits upstairs or they are open already

Hmm I wonder will they be opened by the forthcoming John Barry Weekend would make good sense to open that weekend with some special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

marine restaurant over the commodare barry now open or nearly open... walked by there sunday and side door was open, so they're either finishing last few bits upstairs or they are open already !

cafe blasta must be nearly ready to open as well.. seen them working and putting final touches to it last saturday so a couple of more places for food.

also heard recently that wexford has now overtaken kinsale etc as irelands place to be for the best food...some critic made daring claims... michelin standard restaurants for half the price...long may it continue !

You are right there Wexford Warrior, my OH was working in there today, should be ready to go soon!

Now I wonder are they hiring...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

everyone ive said it to about the sushi bar have said they would love one in town and personally speaking , id love one as well myself.

new coffee shop "blasta coffee" opening in the old keville hairdessers place on the corner beside chocolate and yummy chinese on the bullring side. seen signs up and work going on in there today .... ELIZA??? :)

also looks like a new restaurant opening in the old commodore barry shop in the crescent quay... not sure what style yet ....

marlows have relocated and are opened in anne street ....

also new restaurant opening in the old spanish tapas restaurant in anne street which had closed recently.....

The Anne Street place is going to be a Polish restaurant. Passed by yesterday.

Kelly's Bakery place closed on Main street.

I'd put it another two votes for a sushi place. Lovely when done well, although i've had some mediocre stuff in Dublin.

oh no! loved kellys...used to go there every week for my salad rolls! nicest rolls in the town... didnt know they were going... first time in about 100 years now there is no kellys bakery on the main street! shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

I'm truly shocked to hear about Kelly's bakery. When did it close? Has it gone totally or moved elsewhere?

One of the things my daughter loves about going to Wexford is Kelly's bread. Normally have to bring back a couple of loaves when I'm over

Maverick88 wrote: »
    I'm truly shocked to hear about Kelly's bakery. When did it close? Has it gone totally or moved elsewhere?

One of the things my daughter loves about going to Wexford is Kelly's bread. Normally have to bring back a couple of loaves when I'm over

The shop is closed, the bakery isn't.

Centra has a notice up saying that they will carry more of the Kellys product line, so i assume they've just decided that the maintaining the town shop isn't worth it.

bloody shame about kellys bakery... my great grandad used to work there when it was on the premises where new look is now... pity and a real shame....

which centra is stocking the breads??? the centra on the main street beside sports savers???

• Advertisement

bloody shame about kellys bakery... my great grandad used to work there when it was on the premises where new look is now... pity and a real shame....

which centra is stocking the breads??? the centra on the main street beside sports savers???

Yes, the main st Centra.

The Polish place on Anne Street is opening today (i think) flyer in the window said three courses for 9.50. Must give it a blast. Curious about Polish desserts!

Advertisement