Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Iv only seen Schuh been mentioned here, could be just a rumour at this stage, but Click will be open by the end of next month for definite!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Is this Click branch a franchise or something? The parent company went into examinership at the end of January, seems strange to be opening new branches now?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

eliza has been reliable so far! she knew about the ersk shop / vera moda/ only etc opening so im expecting her prophecy to come true !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Any more news re Schuh? Seems too good to be true..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

It was in the People Paper (or Echo) that it was definitely not Schuh, even went as far as to get a statement from HQ. I still dunno what to believe though.

• Advertisement

Coleman Doyles closing down????

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

Can't see Bobby O'Neill extending South 51 into the wool shop in the medium-term (2-5 years). Might be wrong though.

Bazbu wrote: »

Which Colman Doyle's you talking about?

00011000 wrote: »
    Which Colman Doyle's you talking about?

The big one down the end of the town near Talbot (sth main st?)

As far as I know. He's getting rid of the gifts and homeware, and lighting. Moving the haberdashery to the bridestreet shop. I'm more sad the pet shop is going. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Can't see Bobby O'Neill extending South 51 into the wool shop in the medium-term (2-5 years). Might be wrong though.
    Just noticed this morning on my way down to catch the bus that the O'Neill's shop beside Burger Mac is closed, completely emptied out and the name taken off the front!

It was fine yesterday afternoon. Anyone know what's going on?

Don't know about the others. Haven't been up that way today yet.

Woah! You serious?! Very Surprised about that. One thing lacking from that shop was lotto sales. Both his other shops have lotto and I imagine that increases football significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Woah! You serious?! Very Surprised about that. One thing lacking from that shop was lotto sales. Both his other shops have lotto and I imagine that increases football significantly.
    Yeah, he just missed out on the Lotto Hat-trick:p

damn iPhone auto-correction! :P

Bazbu wrote: »

Colman has gotten a tenant for his homestore and put all the other stuff into the Bride street store. Still don't know what is going into the large South Main street store.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Just to update, O'Neills has moved up the street slightly and crossed over to the other side, beside the new Selskar pharmacy.

Ah... That's a much better location. Really nice shop he got there! Can't imagine Selskar pharmacy lasting. There's never anyone in there!

This town has too many clothes shops and pharmacies.

boyles sports by nancy codds has gone ...just the corner unit where nancys used to be.... the boyles in the beside next door to it is still there.... although has this been like this a while ???? only noticed it now...

click still not open and that unit besideersk still a mystery....

did bobby o neill take over the big shop which had brown papered over windows a while ago??? directly accross from where soul 2 sole used to be???

boyles sports by nancy codds has gone ...just the corner unit where nancys used to be.... the boyles in the beside next door to it is still there.... although has this been like this a while ???? only noticed it now...

click still not open and that unit besideersk still a mystery....

did bobby o neill take over the big shop which had brown papered over windows a while ago??? directly accross from where soul 2 sole used to be???

The Boyle Sports situation has been like that for a while. Andy Doyle (bugler's, Carryout) leased the building to Boyle's and opens his own Bookie a few doors up! SOUND! :)

What's "ersk"? Is that the name of a clothes shop? sounds familiar.

Edit: Oh yeah, Ersk... new place where Blue Mountain used to be. Anyone noticed how the clothes are laid out like in a sports shop? Same owners as Sports Savers...

disappointing that schuh isnt coming to wexford then... was getting all sweaty and excited about that one... they have some really nice stuff!

if dunnes main street was sorted...lowneys mall sorted, corrys sorted we'd have three big places in wexford to add to our town!

come on business ....get stuck in ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

if dunnes main street was sorted...lowneys mall sorted, corrys sorted we'd have three big places in wexford to add to our town!

The owners of those places have no interest in developing the sites and Dunnes window space will be taken over by Wexford Tourism during the summer advertising various things.

yeah i seen that mcloughlin ... thats TERRIBLE really... the council should kick their arses because of that.... its ok to use in the meantime to display tourist info etc etc but overall that should be a side issue and only happen while they are renovating or getting the place ready for the next tennant.

sadly i think the dunnes site is going to be lying there for 20+years alongisde the other sites ive mentioned. CRIMINAL !

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The owners of those places have no interest in developing the sites and Dunnes window space will be taken over by Wexford Tourism during the summer advertising various things.

I was going to say the same thing about corries. They'd have no interest in selling up!

But dunnes is definitely looking at lettin out their premises. They used to have a policy that they won't let competitors take over their properties. I don't know if this policy has changed. Dunnes even have a "to let" sign up!

Lowneys have actively been looking for a suitor for their main street property since tesco moved out. Their package includes the 147 and mackens travel agency, all the way back to the quay. (I think it includes tesco anyway!)

I'd love to see debenhams in their or something... Lowneys is so dire in it's current state!

tesco werent meant to be allowed out of that site unless they had someone else to go into it... they had an anchor store already sorted out for it and maybe still do but there was objections to the right of way in the laneway at the side as it runs past bugler doyles etc....

so things were on hold and it was going to court last is heard about a year ago or more now... havnt had any updates since....

debenhams would be terrible! i have been there with my missus and they are just like shaws but worse! still would be better than nothing at all ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Friends of mine are opening a shop this coming Saturday, selling dress fabrics and knitting yarns etc., which is good news for those people who used to have to have to travel to Waterford or Kilkenny, or brave the insanity that is Corry's.
    The shop's name is 'Stitched Up' and it's on Barrack St., right beside the little post office there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Eliza1 wrote: »
    I've been looking for a retail unit on the main street for a while to open a small speciality shop but the rents are crazy. Looks like only large multi-nationals can afford to set up shop in Wexford!! Not much chance for locals who want to make a go of it :(
    There's a few available on Henrietta St. at reasonable rates. Or there were a few weeks back anyway.

I hear someone is thinking of doing alcohol deliveries in Wexford Town. How does everyone feel this service might go down in Wexford?

Edit: Don't know the specifics, but in general, I think the service could go down well enough in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Johro wrote: »
    There's a few available on Henrietta St. at reasonable rates. Or there were a few weeks back anyway.

Thanks Johro - things have moved on since my original post and I hope to open on the main street within the next month or so. Cant say too much about it at the moment for a variety of reasons but I am very excited and delighted!!:D:D:D

I can't wait to see what your speciality shop is Eliza1! Wexford needs more of them! Can you say if it's sex-specific, or unisex appropriate? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Unisex!:D But not a clothes shop!!

Advertisement