Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Notice for planning permission for a bowling alley/kids play area with cafe at Stonebridge Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Not sure if this thread is only for Wexford town openings, but I see Burger King are advertising for staff for a restaurant in Gorey that will be part of an Applegreen service station.

http://applegreenstores.com/ie/careers/apply.php?s=burger-king-team-member-burger-king-team-member-gorey-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I see that Leisure Max has put in an objection to the new bowling ally at Stonebridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Zhane wrote: »
    I see that Leisure Max has put in an objection to the new bowling ally at Stonebridge.

Any reason given?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Big Vern wrote: »
    Any reason given?

There will take business away from us and Wexford can't have two bowling alleys i.e We want a monopoly don't let those those other lot open up.

I don't drive too far to walk so would welcome it in town

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    There will take business away from us and Wexford can't have two bowling alleys i.e We want a monopoly don't let those those other lot open up.

I don't drive too far to walk so would welcome it in town

Exactly. It'll be thrown out. It's a delay tactic. If it was declined due to that reason then surely the Stonebridge lot could sue for anticompetitivness. Also, if the town is big enough for two cinemas. It's big enough for two bowling alleys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is Rockin' Joes no more? Something like the shake shack or...?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is Rockin' Joes no more? Something like the shake shack or...?

Renamed to Shake Dog as in american vernacular, Can I have a shake (Milkshake) and a dog (Hot Dog)

Not sure why the rename but I've seen Limerick shop has changed the name as well.

Never been in the place and speaking of "diners" I was passing Uncle Sams and its a bit dated now isn't it ? Needs a bit of a revamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Franchise fees can be hefty. Probably going solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Corvo

Don't think it was performing too well anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Looking at Facebook, it looks as if all the Rockin' Joes have been rebranded Shake Dog.

Heard today that Golden Discs is to open on Main St, near Sam McCauleys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zhane wrote: »
    Exactly. It'll be thrown out. It's a delay tactic. If it was declined due to that reason then surely the Stonebridge lot could sue for anticompetitivness. Also, if the town is big enough for two cinemas. It's big enough for two bowling alleys

Planning observations like that are quite frequent in villages where someone wants to open a second takeaway/cafe etc. It's not a valid reason to refuse, it won't make any difference to the Planners.
    Big Vern wrote: »
    Heard today that Golden Discs is to open on Main St, near Sam McCauleys.

That's a surprise. Considering Whites, BPM, Zhivago etc. all went down, can't see why Golden Discs would fare well.

Planning observations like that are quite frequent in villages where someone wants to open a second takeaway/cafe etc. It's not a valid reason to refuse, it won't make any difference to the Planners.

That's a surprise. Considering Whites, BPM, Zhivago etc. all went down, can't see why Golden Discs would fare well.

BPM went bust due to financial issues like rent and what not, Whites went bust because the didn't keep up to date with the customers wants and poor customer service of waiting weeks for a CD order when less than a week you could buy online.

Golden Discs have being going on a renaissance lately by working with local independent Irish bands acknowledging the changing landscape and trying to adapt. Think this is there forth new store this year.

BPM went bust due to financial issues like rent and what not, Whites went bust because the didn't keep up to date with the customers wants and poor customer service of waiting weeks for a CD order when less than a week you could buy online.

Golden Discs have being going on a renaissance lately by working with local independent Irish bands acknowledging the changing landscape and trying to adapt. Think this is there forth new store this year.

Ill look forward to it opening, i still like to buy CD's so will pay an odd visit. BPM closing was a sad day for me, loved that shop. Im sure GD might be selling vinyl as well, trying to tap into that market.
    As its part of a bigger chain it might last.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The builders are in at the old Dunnes on the main street,does anybody know what's going into it?

The builders are in at the old Dunnes on the main street,does anybody know what's going into it?

Boots is moving there. should be open early December.

Boots are moving in despite James O Connor saying Boots still are renting his old Greenacres building. While its good to see Dunnes being put to use (though not all of it) hopefully old Greenacres wont be empty for til long.

Heard last week that Supermacs are opening up Larkins cross branch, starting in next few weeks, and looking for a town centre place.

Wexford shop related as Hynes has been raided (again) by bailiffs with all stock taken to pay off debts. Apparently Frank Hynes took a bad turn and ended up in hospital he says there has been a mistake made by the revenue (again).

• Advertisement

Wexford shop related as Hynes has been raided (again) by bailiffs with all stock taken to pay off debts. Apparently Frank Hynes took a bad turn and ended up in hospital he says there has been a mistake made by the revenue (again).

How would anyone have given them a lease after the last time (unless paid up front, which is doubtful)

Advertisement