Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

Looks like they have the first cables installed from the video M17 posted, good to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 toof

There are lots of pictures and videos of the bridge on the insta_mavic Facebook page and YouTube page. Some have been posted here with the watermark cropped off. Credit should be given to the photographers of all photographs.

https://www.facebook.com/instamavic/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb9HdOgppFptbqzwVniVHTQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Azatadine

The new roundabout on the Wexford side was in use this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

josip wrote: »
    Not being smart, but zero saving on that route at non-peak times.

I reckon avoiding New Ross will save 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

There are great views available now of this project on Google Maps (Satellite) - including junctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

alta stare wrote: »
    I reckon avoiding New Ross will save 10 mins.

At off-peak times I'd say 10 mins is about right. Peak times would be 20 - 30 I'd say.

Youghal bridge next please, thats gonna be my next pet project!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 09/12/18 the cable tower is starting to take shape pic fb page
    zL33FZs.jpg

m17 wrote: »
    The barrow crossing 09/12/18 the cable tower is starting to take shape pic fb page
    zL33FZs.jpg

From which fb page?

The barrow crossing 11/12/18
    gEXsDgK.jpg

m17 wrote: »
    The barrow crossing 11/12/18
    gEXsDgK.jpg

This picture along with the last you posted were taken on the 4th of December. Credit to insta_mavic for both.

https://www.facebook.com/instamavic/photos/pcb.2395195700701387/2395194030701554/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

toof wrote: »
    This picture along with the last you posted were taken on the 4th of December. Credit to insta_mavic for both.

https://www.facebook.com/instamavic/photos/pcb.2395195700701387/2395194030701554/?type=3&theater

Open to correction but I thought m17 and insta_mavic were one and the same?

josip wrote: »
    Open to correction but I thought m17 and insta_mavic were one and the same?

m17 is not associated with insta_mavic. There are plenty of photographs on here with the insta_mavic watermark removed and no credit given. Link to all original photographs and dates they were taken in the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/instamavic/

Here's a project they are doing in China
    3BfCIz9.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I don't see how a suspension bridge in China is in any way relevant to the extradosed N25 bridge. They are completely different bridge types.

The rfk bridge pic on Twitter
    mVw79UP.jpg

I don't see how a suspension bridge in China is in any way relevant to the extradosed N25 bridge. They are completely different bridge types.

Unless of course it is BAM constructing it then it could be said to be relevant. Doubt it is BAM though.

The barrow crossing
    HOscjH5.jpg

Looks like there is still a good bit of surfacing works left on the New Ross side.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭NedNew2

Some photos of the new bypass. The roundabouts are open at the N30 to Enniscorthy, N25 to Wexford and N25 to Waterford at Glenmore. These photos were taken mostly between Ballymacar (N25 to Wexford) and the R733.

The direction sign on the last photo says 'Next exit 2km' (which would be at Camblin, R733) with destinations of Arthurstown, New Ross and 'Port'.

Also the road between Ballymacar N25 and the N30 at the Tramps Heartbreak appears to be dual carriageway. I had thought this was only to be single carriageway (I was obviously wrong but it's a pleasant surprise).

Surprised at the small barrier between carriages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Surprised how?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

tonc76 wrote: »

Surprised how?

Seems like every other Type 2 dc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Is the hard shoulder normally that narrow on non motorway dual carriageways?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no hard shoulder at all on T2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

46477566161_fe706e1b4c_b.jpg

44660643600_7879af5c84_b.jpg

Today at the Pink Rock

tonc76 wrote: »
    Surprised how?

I havent seen such a small barrier on a dual carraigeway before. Iv travelled many and they usually have the concrete median as does the nearest DC of that type which is the Waterford bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

NedNew2 wrote: »

Also the road between Ballymacar N25 and the N30 at the Tramps Heartbreak appears to be dual carriageway. I had thought this was only to be single carriageway (I was obviously wrong but it's a pleasant surprise).

It’s all dual carriageway bar the 1.2km section from the N30 tie in to the Corcoran Cross roundabout which is now open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I havent seen such a small barrier on a dual carraigeway before. Iv travelled many and they usually have the concrete median as does the nearest DC of that type which is the Waterford bypass.

Waterford bypass is Type 1 (basically motorway), and they have to have concrete medians now. (The M6 Ballinasloe to Athlone was built with a crash barrier and the then-NRA flipped the lid and insisted on it being concrete in the future)

New Ross bypass is Type 2, also known as 2+2. Had no hard shoulders at all and has cheese wire grating or a crash barrier in the middle.

Waterford bypass is Type 1 (basically motorway), and they have to have concrete medians now. (The M6 Ballinasloe to Athlone was built with a crash barrier and the then-NRA flipped the lid and insisted on it being concrete in the future)

New Ross bypass is Type 2, also known as 2+2. Had no hard shoulders at all and has cheese wire grating or a crash barrier in the middle.

Is the road type not down to the layers used on the surface or does it factor in more than that? Obviously its not my line of work but it is what i have gathered from reading about the ongoing works on the bypass and also on the Waterford bypass. To me the type description is more down to with what the road was made of. Maybe i have misinterpreted it.

Irrespective of the above i still think having such small barriers separating a DC seems inadequate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Is the road type not down to the layers used on the surface or does it factor in more than that? Obviously its not my line of work but it is what i have gathered from reading about the ongoing works on the bypass and also on the Waterford bypass. To me the type description is more down to with what the road was made of. Maybe i have misinterpreted it.

Irrespective of the above i still think having such small barriers separating a DC seems inadequate.

This type of road is an alternative to the wide single carriageway with shoulders of old. These routes are not very busy, there is a limited to what provision is reasonable.

Advertisement