Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

M17, that looks like it's taken from Sliabh Coillte?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

josip wrote: »
    For those of us living nearby, it's 'the bridge' or if we're feeling particularly verbose, 'the new bridge'.
    I know a road in Mayo colloquially called "The New Line", even though it was built 70 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The bridge is at the Pink Rock. It will be known as the Pink Rock bridge , regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

"N25 New Ross Bypass Bridge"

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭NedNew2

Bypass now due to open in summer next year according to the New Ross Standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

NedNew2 wrote: »
    Bypass now due to open in summer next year according to the New Ross Standard.

Sounds like poor enough progress. All in all we had a brilliant summer for construction works and I don't see why things aren't more advanced particularly the bridge. Saying a poor winter may delay the cranes seems silly in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

JPA wrote: »
    Well, there already is a Barrow bridge, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrow_Bridge

And now there’s a new barrow bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

RFK bridge 02/10/18 pics form deskgram
    IMAG1002_zpszszjbtis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

serfboard wrote: »
    I know a road in Mayo colloquially called "The New Line", even though it was built 70 years ago!

There seems to be a few of them in Mayo, I know of 2 at least.

New ross bypass September 2016-2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

does this link to the Gorey to New Ross/Ennisccorthy road being built currently?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Isambard wrote: »
    does this link to the Gorey to New Ross/Ennisccorthy road being built currently?

the Irish Times mentioned the "Gorey to New Ross" scheme in their budget summary yesterday. Paper of record :rolleyes:

that's what i thought. Not being local I can't see the overall scheme of things in my head, it looks to the outsider as If New Ross is getting bypassed on the one hand and a new route into it on the other.

that's what i thought. Not being local I can't see the overall scheme of things in my head, it looks to the outsider as If New Ross is getting bypassed on the one hand and a new route into it on the other.

the (separate) Enniscorthy bypass includes a link road towards New Ross (connecting to the existing N30) but it doesn't connect to the New Ross bypass.

Looking at the map, it would seem to me an N25 New Ross Bypass to N30 link (and thus to the N11 and Dublin would be useful). Maybe as they have the M9 in the area , this was thought to be liable to criticism if they did it.

The New Ross link road seems to come in quite close to New Ross as far as I could make out

Looking at the map, it would seem to me an N25 New Ross Bypass to N30 link (and thus to the N11 and Dublin would be useful). Maybe as they have the M9 in the area , this was thought to be liable to criticism if they did it.

The New Ross link road seems to come in quite close to New Ross as far as I could make out

the N30 is a pretty good single carriageway road - once the New Ross and Enniscorthy bypasses are complete it will be quick enough to access the N11 from New Ross

Might be useful, especially for me :) but traffic volumes don't justify it.
    Also looking at the route chosen for the Enniscorthy bypass, you can see that the Waterford - South Dublin route was not a significant consideration in the planning.

so if you are driving from Waterford to Gorey, you'll cross the new bridge and then head back on the current N25 towards New Ross and join the N30 there, through (as I recall as I seldom go that way) an industrial estate, past a school and then to a T junction with the R700 (the original N30)

so if you are driving from Waterford to Gorey, you'll cross the new bridge and then head back on the current N25 towards New Ross and join the N30 there, through (as I recall as I seldom go that way) an industrial estate, past a school and then to a T junction with the R700 (the original N30)

Nope, you'll no longer go near the town or along the Boisin as you described

(Scroll down for a map)
    http://www.n25newross.ie/traffic-management/

• Advertisement

well then, isn't that the new link road I asked about in my original post?

your question was "does this link to the Gorey to New Ross/Ennisccorthy road being built currently?" which is pretty vague as there are 2 roads being built and they don't connect directly to each other, but they do both connect to either end of the the N30.

you can see where they each end here:

HHNsqUd.png

well that's what I was asking and pretty vague as I didn't know the answer!

There's the village of Clonroche and a considerable amount of bandit country along the N30 between the end of the New Ross bypass and the start of the Enniscorthy bypass

https://goo.gl/maps/mHeHBVu2mC12

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The N30 is being bypassed via link roads to the existing N30 from the new N25 mainline and the new M11 mainline at New Ross and Enniscorthy respectively.

The remainder of the N30 between New Ross and Enniscorthy has been upgraded for several km on the Enniscorthy back in 2006, and the remainder of the unupgraded N30 (including a bypass of Clonroche) is suspended (13.5km - N30 Moneytucker to New Ross).

marno21 wrote: »
    The N30 is being bypassed via link roads to the existing N30 from the new N25 mainline and the new M11 mainline at New Ross and Enniscorthy respectively.

The remainder of the N30 between New Ross and Enniscorthy has been upgraded for several km on the Enniscorthy back in 2006, and the remainder of the unupgraded N30 (including a bypass of Clonroche) is suspended (13.5km - N30 Moneytucker to New Ross).

Thank you, explains perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

OpenStreetMap has maps of both the New Ross and Enniscorthy bypass schemes if you zoom in close enough.

The barrow crossing 02/10/18 pic form fb page
    IMAG220_zpsl2qjumkz.jpg

The RFK bridge 15/10/18

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Advertisement