Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It's normally only a summer thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Yakuza wrote: »
    It's normally only a summer thing.

Dear God I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pretty sure its just for the summer.
    Anything is better than listening about who has been windbagging at some summer school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Jaysus, I'd rather listen to that gardening guy than have a whole dickens novel recited to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus, I'd rather listen to that gardening guy than have a whole dickens novel recited to me.

I'd say MLOD is disappointed she missed this. No doubt she's already played the role of Miss Havisham in the Seanad Drama Society..

• Advertisement

"Seanad Drama" - surely an oxymoron? Did you mean to type "Dreary"? :)

I think this woman has been attending MLOD's drama classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I think this woman has been attending MLOD's drama classes.

Certainly swallowed the same OTT pill anyway :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Averil's accent.
    God alive.

Myles in for Pat for "the next few weeks"... wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi ho.

Father Wishy Washy on again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Irelands bleeding heart and chief creator of the rats-nest that is Mountjoy is getting his airtime.

(though the issue is important.... I just dont like the man!)

Myles in for Pat for "the next few weeks"... wtf?

Pat's on the prowl for a few weeks. Lock up your gardens ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

If Lonergans conscience is so gnawing at him may I suggest he hand back his (snip) pension package, the State could do a lot of good with his ill gotten gains

The Panderer of Mountjoy sickens me.

Irelands bleeding heart and chief creator of the rats-nest that is Mountjoy is getting his airtime.

(though the issue is important.... I just dont like the man!)

Don't you get it yet. All those young lads running loose across the country robbing, raping and rioting. That's your fault! If only you had been a little nicer to them and paid extra in tax to fund higher welfare payments for them then they would have had a chance in life. Go hang your head in shame until you get a chance to throw your wallet at the next hoodie wearing layabout you see skulking aroung a street corner.

Just fired up the stream now - Myles is on again? I thought Pat was back for the summer (albeit finishing at 11:30).

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH... Wasnt expecting that.. !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH... Wasnt expecting that.. !!

What happened ?

I turned off the radio when Lonergan came on to watch the Beach Volleyball.

One makes me angry - The other makes me happy on a Monday morning !

Lapin wrote: »
    What happened ?

They played the Pat Kenny music, and then "Hello Ronan Collins here".... :( .. There should be a warning for that sort of unexpected surprise..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Listened to bleeding heart Longeran

A texter had a good point, if his house gets burgled tonight or his son/daughter gets beaten up by a gang is he going to drone on about disadvantaged youths and sob stories, bla bla

So far today we have had a tribute to Meave Binchy which was good and included some great stories about the late Meave.

Then a brief 5 minutes on Syria

Then (and here is the problem) a 20 minute interview with some random playwright/author from Dublin. Its just an Arts show this morning. Your man flogging his book should have been told to come back tomorrow after the first 30 minutes were taken up with tributes to Binchy. He wants to sell his book he'll come back. Myles just has no interest in current affairs and Pat's editorial team need to dictate to him what is on the show not the other way around.

And now five minutes of Des getting ratty with Myles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

And now five minutes of Des getting ratty with Myles.

Myles was getting a bit ratty himself there!

Des is getting a bit snippy with Myles over doping allegations in the swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Des Cahill is the biggest brown nosing fence sitter in national broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

What's going on??I thought my radio was packing up there! :eek:

Myles seems determined to get RTE sued this morning. Drugs She's on them! So is he! And him! Des doing his best to save one of their jobs.

They're just going to spin out this Olympics stuff until the end of the show, aren't they? There's no way they can squeeze in an interesting segment between now and 11:30.

Edit : Ok, so they didn't, but this segment doesn't sound too engaging.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    They're just going to spin out this Olympics stuff until the end of the show, aren't they? There's no way they can squeeze in an interesting segment between now and 11:30.

No problem there. Myles doesn't do interesting segments. My bet is some random music. Someone whailing into the microphone as Myles tells them how great they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement