Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Jeremy Vine was very good alright.

Also, that Paxo guy is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Anyone else think that Myles has done a good job standing in for PK?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Anyone else think that Myles has done a good job standing in for PK?
    Yes.

But it wasn't really the Pat Kenny Show; it was the Myles Dungan Show. The flavour was somewhat different. That's neither a positive nor a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Pat's back today.

The first 15 minutes (and still going) have all been about that tragic family who had the accident in the UK. A reporter from their local town, then the local priest and now some reporter from the UK. I have to say it is uncomfortable listening as the private lives of the victims are discussed on air. Nothing bad (in fact all good) but I know if it was me I wouldn't be comfortable with my life and current injuries being discussed on national radio. I know nothing bad is being said about them but if just feels like we are intruding on a very personal time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This guy says "equality" like it's a dirty word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

hes' got ivana by the bollocks there thought.

how can women be important in politics but not in child raising ?

:D

i think the whole equality thing is bollocks anyway, the whole POINT of marriage in the eyes of the state is to give a group of people superior rights over others for services rendered.

production of kids.

what the hell do i get out of gay marriage except a tax bill ?

biggest problem we have in this country is half the people running it dont fecking think things through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus, Bacik's tone and attitude get my goat up. Having a condescending bint as your advocate isn't a good policy. On sheer principle, I'd nearly be agin what she's for, whatever the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There was a very interesting discussion on this topic yesterday on The Sunday Show.. John Waters was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nascence

i think the whole equality thing is bollocks anyway, the whole POINT of marriage in the eyes of the state is to give a group of people superior rights over others for services rendered.

production of kids.

biggest problem we have in this country is half the people running it dont fecking think things through.

Your point will be considered valid when marriages either through choice or circumstance or age who are childless are sued for breach of contract by the State.

You get nothing out of gay marriage, if you're a man you probably get nothing about equal workplace rights for women because it's nothing to do with you - it's why minority rights subject to majority vote isn't a good thing.

The state shouldn't do Marraige. It should all be Civil Partnerships. Let anyone who wants a Civil Partnership apply for one. Man and a Woman. Man and Man, Woman and Woman, Brother & Brother, Sister & Brother. Whatever the "family" unit happens to be. There are lots of cases of two bachelor brothers living together on a farm where one dies and the other gets hit with an inheritance bill. Why should ehty be any different from a man and a woman unrelated to each other other than having a piece of paper that says they once said "I do" to each other.

Let "Marraige" be whatever people want then on top of the civil partnership. A church wedding. A Civil service. A couple of pints down the local. Or nothing at all.

When it comes to adoption rights etc then make a civil partnership the basic state mandated requirement and let the experts in the adoption board assess each couple on their merits.

• Advertisement

Nascence wrote: »
    Your point will be considered valid when marriages either through choice or circumstance or age who are childless are sued for breach of contract by the State.

You get nothing out of gay marriage, if you're a man you probably get nothing about equal workplace rights for women because it's nothing to do with you - it's why minority rights subject to majority vote isn't a good thing.

well in a secular world thatll be inevitable.

after all why am i giving tax breaks to childless couples?

this is the inevitable conclusion to that agenda.

on your latter point.

were a democracy, tough. i dont want my country socially engineered by the ivana baciks of the world. particularly consideing how they devestated it over the last 30yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nascence

well in a secular world thatll be inevitable.

after all why am i giving tax breaks to childless couples?

this is the inevitable conclusion to that agenda.

on your latter point.

were a democracy, tough. i dont want my country socially engineered by the ivan baciks of the world. particularly consideing how they devestated it over the last 30yrs.

Why are people with no children giving their hard earned cash to primary schools? Why are people with no disabled dependents or relatives supporting services for them?

We're a society, tough.

Your problem is with the tax code. Representative democracy implies more than pure majority rule. I don't recall suffrage or interracial marriage requiring the male or white electorate deigning to gift it to the minority.

raising four kids to college age costs one million euros over 20 years .

how is that contribution comparable to a happily married couple, gay or straight, with no kids just banging each other ?

theres a reason the state supports marriage and its got feck all to do with love religion or society.

it screws more money out of em than it ever ponys up.

people with no kids benefit from this as theres a whole new generations of tax payers produced that fund their pensions.

LAB/FG/FF and co fecking around with that by attacking the family unit over the decades forcing women into the workforce under the guise of liberalism has buggered that up, hence the now oncoming "pensions crisis".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jaynee mack that Duncan Stewart is a pain.Maybe Duncan we should all just go homeless or get rid of ourselves, and that would sort the "Global Warning"thing and save on fossil fuels.

He even went off on one when the sports guy and Pat were talking about all the water thats on the pitches and recovery of it........Global warning.......bla bla bla

yeah yeah.That bump on the head he got a few years back obviously didnt change him :rolleyes:

He is such a doom and gloom merchant:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I'm vehemently against the death penalty, but even I would make an exception for Pat's current guest, Alastair Campbell.

This lying pr1ck is probably the most detestable example of human excrement on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Dirigent wrote: »
    I'm vehemently against the death penalty, but even I would make an exception for Pat's current guest, Alastair Campbell.

This lying pr1ck is probably the most detestable example of human excrement on the planet.

I raise you one Bertie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

telekon wrote: »
    I raise you one Bertie...

Ahern (I don't use his canine nickname) destroyed a country's economy. Campbell, on the other hand, justifies the destruction of an entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Dirigent wrote: »

I emailed PK to ask why he was giving this bully and liar any more publicity.
    I should have suggested he ask Campbell about Malcolm Tucker and Armando Ianucci (spelling?) Apparently that really annoys Campbell.

Nice to have Pat back on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,654 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Der...gee Mary what's bread herpa derp?

Oh Christ, MLOD. Why can't she have stayed on her holidays :(

• Advertisement

He measures the water?

Well my stars what an insight.

What are poims / poitry? Some form of artistic expression, it would seem :mad: (or a knob-ended way of pronouncing poem)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If we ever get around to having a referendum to abolish the pointless Seanad, all we'll have to do is wheel out the examples of MLOD on her jaunts around the country for the PK Show, while she's already being paid handsomely by the State as a "full-time" Senator. :rolleyes:

As for Campbell, I'm sick of the way that Kenny almost always gives him an easy ride. Most of that interview was a puff-piece for Campbell's endless memoirs. It was only at the end where Pat started asking the difficult questions. It's as if he goes all starry-eyed every time he interviews his pal Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yakuza wrote: »
    Oh Christ, MLOD. Why can't she have stayed on her holidays :(

Gets my "Most Agrivating Woman" award .... Painful to listen to :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Alistair Campbell should be 'yesterday's man', and not brought on to talk the same crap about Iraq. He has said it a million times before, on so many outlets. If he is on, at least have someone with proper anti-war credentials challenge him.

Makes me wonder if Kenny is sympathetic to that New Labour line of thinking on foreign affairs.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Gets my "Most Agrivating Woman" award .... Painful to listen to :mad:

Credit to Pat for taking the piss out of her over her over the top descriptions of the men she meets on these road trips (they are all "like a God"). She didn't like it at all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 talktojoe

Just listening to the interview with the above just now, the chef mentioned that he spoke fluent french when serving Sarkozy and his Mrs at the White House.
    He then goes on to pronounce "repetoire" as "repetoree" when mentioning his mother as being a great influence on him!
    Some French...... :D

talktojoe wrote: »
    Just listening to the interview with the above just now, the chef mentioned that he spoke fluent french when serving Sarkozy and his Mrs at the White House.
    He then goes on to pronounce "repetoire" as "repetoree" when mentioning his mother as being a great influence on him!
    Are you sure he wasn't talking about acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

talktojoe wrote: »
    I noticed that, too.

A little later, he used the word again, and pronounced it more like the French way. I suppose that "repetoree" is the preferred pronunciation in American English.

[PS: I don't think he claimed that his French was fluent - just that he spoke French.]

• Advertisement

you know the one thing i love about this trial in maurituis is the staggering hypocracy of RTE in covering it.

think of everything thats been said on PK today about it.

and now stick the word "ireland" in instead and ask yourself if tommy and pat would have the bollocks to say HALF that stuff about our own system.

gas thing is they probably dont even see it. listening right now you'd swear theyd be HAPPY with two innocent guys going to jail just so they could get the story they want.

our media writ large i guess.

slagging off the jury now as i type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement