Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

And back to Mauritius again now.

Pat seems to have an unhealthy fascination with this story. There didn't seem to be half as much about it when he was away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

sudzs wrote: »

Pat seems to have an unhealthy fascination with this story. There didn't seem to be half as much about it when he was away.

Pat isn't the only one .... the whole coverage of this trial has been totally over the top. Will RTE be sending a reported for weeks to Turkey to cover the cases of the two Irish women murdered there or the Wexford woman killed in Tokyo. All equal but SOME more equal that others. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

sudzs wrote: »

There was: about half as much of it.

The story of a trial in which many people are interested tends to get a surge of media attention when the verdict comes in. There was nothing disproportionate about today's coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

I take it from the first 20 minutes of the PK show that there are no news worthy stories today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its often like that when he does an outside broadcast.

Between these Banjo whatsits and the location at the Arts Festival, himself and Myles must have been fighting over this show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And here's John Mahoney who is ENGLISH!

mike65 wrote: »
    And here's John Mahoney who is ENGLISH!

As Irishman Arthur Wellesley is alleged to have said, "Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse".

:p I only mentioned as I was expecting Kenny not to but he actually did.

Seems like everything Pat touches this morning is "sold out".

The Arts Fest organisers will be delira with this !

Interesting to hear the words Galway and Planning mentioned in the same sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

WTF is this !

trad bony m ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

PK may be an excellent current affairs interviewer.

But he's got a truly awful musical taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She murdered my party piece, Wagon wheel was one of the first songs I learnt on guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

I often suspected that Pat quietly enjoys pissing off this threads regulars with MLO'D and the god damn awful music he plays. If so, he really surpassed himself today with West Cork Ukulele Orchestra.

RA RA Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    She murdered my party piece, Wagon wheel was one of the first songs I learnt on guitar.

ffs Paddy, could you not just have learnt Wonderwall like the rest of us.. :mad:

Ah Duberlin in the rare ol' times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know many may think M'Lod is being a bit OTT.

However from my thankfully rare enough times on our capitals main street I think she has hit the nail on the head.

WTF is this ?

seriously !

i know its the silly season but this stuff from MLOD is bollocks in the extreme.

apparentlly now she's a medical doctor who can diagnose alcohol induced seisures !

maybe the poor dear wandered into a film set or something .

though TBH i think its more the DEEFUR attitude writ large. i have to say bravau to Pat kenny though.

its almost on fox news level of hysteria.

i WORK in town.the only fecking hassel i get everyday is of the ****ing chuggers !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

rooftop snipers. problem solved.

you're welcome society !

Good bless the tourists if they bump in to MLOD... She'd drive you to drink.

• Advertisement

ya felt safe in eyre square eh pat ?

thats cause all the agro kicks off in supermacs !

and now alcohol gives ya cancer according to doctor mary.

jesus h christ.

theres a feirce smell of uniforms and leather coming off MLOD today

:D

EDIT.

Yup. here we go with the REAL agenda. price fixing for her business mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Well this has been the best M'lady O'Donnell segment. Her regular bull**** seriously toned downed to highlight a real problem.

Plus she was speechless for the first time with a text:
    T: You are a senator what are you doing to do.
    M'Lady: Am....um.... ah.... I'll ......support Roisin Shorthall's drink leglislation.

I'd say it's the first time in M'Lady's life someone asked her to do something for her salary bless her.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

O'Connel sreet has always been unsafe. Thats why they got rid of the Anna Livia monument.

Nils Lofgren does Paddywhackery with "Oirish Angel".. Would have been better if he got Michael O'Suilleabhain on the piano.

ive actually switched to tom dunne im so put off now.

its got THAT bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Caught the end of the 'all prostitutes are trafficked' numpty ...

Knew he had nothing to say or add when he said:

'portable mobile phones'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Same old same old today. Jim Power salivating about cuts to welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Is every retired Senior Garda & Senior Civil Servant automatically put on every RTE producers speed dial?

I'm well sick listening to these selfsatisfied retired "know it all's" ... why are they never asked why didn't you deal with it when you were in the job & being well paid?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Dirigent wrote: »
    Same old same old today. Jim Power salivating about cuts to welfare payments.

Has to be done. Can't keep sucking the dry veins of those unlucky enough to still have a job. The flood of comments into the show showed that the taxpayers have had enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

touts wrote: »
    Has to be done. Can't keep sucking the dry veins of those unlucky enough to still have a job. The flood of comments into the show showed that the taxpayers have had enough.

Eh...they were talking about means testing child benefits, a benefit many working taxpayers receive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement