Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

touts wrote: »
    Can't keep sucking the dry veins of those unlucky enough to still have a job.

Thats an insult to the thousands of people out there trying their best to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Lapin wrote: »
    Thats an insult to the thousands of people out there trying their best to find work.

Yea but there are thousands of others who sat on the dole during the period of "full employment" and just couldn't be bothered. Those are the ones we need to target before ripping more money from hard working taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Speaking of Speed-dial. Is Jim Power the only psuedo-economist who hasn't taken holiday during the silly season?

Bad enough he turns up like the proverbial bad penny on Marzies' Show every fortnight. On Monday PBH blotted his otherwise fine copybook on the (Mary Wilson free :D) Drivetime slot as Jim pontificted about the Stimulus Plan and how any new motorway that doesn't lead directly to his door is of no relevance, among other gems of wisdom.

Now Pat has him on, glad I missed that.....unfortunately caught Pats' musical choice du jour and accompanying "wow!", but rather that than listen to yet another bout of spoofery from Mr. "I told ye so".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

Yea but there are thousands of others who sat on the dole during the period of "full employment" and just couldn't be bothered.

I think you are overestimating the problem. The unemployment rate at the time was around 4%, but the long term unemployment rate was just 1.3%. Even in times of full employment there will be people between jobs. Those who just couldn't be bothered to work during the boom were a relatively small number and it's a social problem we share with the whole developed world.

One of these new Sinn Fein pretty boy TDs getting his ass kicked by the panel over his party's dubious stance on justice. He is almost crying! "Even the DUP don't say that about us any more"... sob... sob. Its great radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

One of these new Sinn Fein pretty boy TDs getting his ass kicked by the panel over his party's dubious stance on justice. He is almost crying! "Even the DUP don't say that about us any more"... sob... sob. Its great radio!

You can't just air-brush the past & expect people to forget. I was surprised at the normally surefooted McGuinness making such a comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Never been.... But I want to go to Las Vegas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhh" + *inanely strumming guitar*

Ah jaysus Pat, give us a break.... every fkn day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There were birds chirping outside my window, now they are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Could he not just play a few ould Christy Moore 'tapes' ?

I know we've heard them all before ad nauseum, but it would be better than this daily strummin n' hummin.

• Advertisement

"and she's gonna cover one of your songs".. :eek:

I wouldnt cover the insulation in the attic with one of this records.

If you judged by his taste by this programme you'd assume he was deaf but I know he likes Roy Harper so he has some clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Gerry Daly, the voice that can put an entire nation to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"And now it's over to the returning Ro...... "

*SWITCH*

They should leave Cathal Murray in that role. I like his voice.. Was coming back from an event on Sat nite and Cathal was on at 2am as well (after Bryan Murray, who I didnt know was doing radio).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dirigent wrote: »
    Gerry Daly, the voice that can put an entire nation to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Gerry Daly knows his stuff, no spoofing like O'Neill of a Thursday.

*SWITCH*

Ronan Collins didn't even says thanks for keeping his seat warm!

edit - he did after the news, trumped up internet reaction retracted!

*SWITCH*

They should leave Cathal Murray in that role. I like his voice.. Was coming back from an event on Sat nite and Cathal was on at 2am as well (after Bryan Murray, who I didnt know was doing radio).
    Agreed.
    Cathal Murray is turning into a very good presenter.
    I would slot him into Risin Time, just can't warm to Shay Byrne.

Bryan Murray has filled in on Late Date before, he has the voice for that type of late night show.

*SWITCH*

The 12-1 and 9-10 slots are godawful on radio1 because they are filler material and everyone especially the hosts know it. They should move Ronan to the Lyric retirement home and give John Murray 2 hours 9-11 with Pat 11-1. At least Murray has some life about him. Ronan peaked sometime around 1983 and has been cruising ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Cathal Murray is turning into a very good presenter.
    I would slot him into Risin Time, just can't warm to Shay Byrne.

Bryan Murray has filled in on Late Date before, he has the voice for that type of late night show.

I don't mind Shay Byrne as a presenter, it's just the music he plays. Nobody wants to hear show tunes at that hour of morning, or at any other time either.

Micheal Martin didnt care too much about the Ceann Comhairle being automatically re-elected when it was a FF man in the chair.

• Advertisement

"Good morning Patrick" :D

Its been a loooooooooooong time since I heard the expression "fight like Kilkenny cats".

Wondered what your Patick reference was - now I get it. Must be the first time he was called that since he got told off by his mother! :p

I dont think the OLED or the OLED TV are best demonstrated on the radio, Pat..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Is my DAB unit shot or is there something up with Pats current guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Did anyone else's stream go "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" at about 11:55? Nearly took out my eardrum, so it did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yakuza wrote: »
    Did anyone else's stream go "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" at about 11:55? Nearly took out my eardrum, so it did :(

You and me both .... gave me a right turn, it did :confused:

Do you hear Lucinda's long sighs when Pat asks her any questions about the reality of the crisis in Europe. Pat is running rings around her. She is so far out of her depth it's scary to think she is one of the people we are trusting to steer us through this crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know she is Enda's golden girl and all.... but still.

Can we not do better!

A half hour less Pat from Monday/ extra half hour of Ronan.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    A half hour less Pat from Monday/ extra half hour of Ronan.

On going or just for the summer. If I have to choose between Collins and Dunne I'll throw my radio out the window.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement