Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ah Jaysus, it's Myles again...:mad:

Why dont you like him, if anything he asks tougher questions than Kenny?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

When I heard Myles was interviewing John Holmes I thought he was taking his interest in art to a new level. :eek:

Different John Holmes though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I have zero sympathy, I know two teachers both have very good lifestyles, one knows it and keeps quite the other moans about increments and allowances etc and how tough cuts are on him, last year he spent 2 months holidays in US and Central America, sickening really .

I have sympathy for teachers, my sister is one and a very good one.
    But by God, they do make a rod for their own backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Why dont you like him, if anything he asks tougher questions than Kenny?
    Don't think he does actually.
    He's always ready to start laughing with his interviewee if conversation comes to a wall, unlike PK who would surgically dissect the his guests arguments and leave them in a gibbering heap.
    Respect to the Plank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

So glad we had that segment on detergent capsules being dangerous for kids, really should take them from the biscuit tin . Love how the parents are not expected to put stuff like that somewhere safe. I ve 3 brats myself so I know how inquisitive they can be but its all about common sense.

Cant wait for next weeks segment on the dangers of sharp knives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Listened to the sports bulletin after 11 with Des Cahill. Myles hijacked the whole slot with constant interruptions. Ruined it and I don't mind a little interaction from the presenter-this took that to a new level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

unlike PK who would surgically dissect the his guests arguments and leave them in a gibbering heap.
    Respect to the Plank!

Pat's good, no doubt, but I can't really remember that many gibbering heaps. He's no Paxman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Owryan wrote: »
    So glad we had that segment on detergent capsules being dangerous for kids, really should take them from the biscuit tin . Love how the parents are not expected to put stuff like that somewhere safe. I ve 3 brats myself so I know how inquisitive they can be but its all about common sense.

Cant wait for next weeks segment on the dangers of sharp knives

Only yesterday I was drawing my sister's attention to a note on her new iron "May get hot when in use" .... wow! I'd never have expected that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

More bloody whinging teachers. Surely it's the farmers turn???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Apparently it's boom time for the farmers, so they are keeping the heads down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

They are dead right, let everyone pay through taxation, if you want services pay for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Whingers whinging about whingers. Good morning Ireland. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The unions sold their own new members up the stream in the last agreement. They pulled up the rope behind them. I dont know why this is suddenly the Government fault..

And "The trioka arent the be all and end all"... Where has he been, they are paying the teacher's wages for the last three years..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

They are dead right, let everyone pay through taxation, if you want services pay for them!

Work 11 months of the year like the rest of the real world and there would be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

The unions sold their own new members up the stream in the last agreement. They pulled up the rope behind them. I dont know why this is suddenly the Government fault..

And "The trioka arent the be all and end all"... Where has he been, they are paying the teacher's wages for the last three years..

The troika are an extension of the ECB they are technically bankers protecting bond holders and banking interests, we should have called their bluff and they would provide assistance with a lot less strings attached. But our incompetence has allowed them to beat us with a big stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This Philpott guy....why were women attracted to him? Not his looks anyway!

Jesus, it's a cliche but you need a licence for a dog but any asshole can have a child. :mad:

Where are the rest of his children?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I could really do with some of that big house living :D

"Mosley was a genius"

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"Mosley was a genius"

Bloody hell.

I suppose he thinks that Hitler was a genius as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which Mosley?

mike65 wrote: »
    Which Mosley?
    Oswald Mosley, founder of the British union of fascists.

The troika are an extension of the ECB they are technically bankers protecting bond holders and banking interests, we should have called their bluff and they would provide assistance with a lot less strings attached. But our incompetence has allowed them to beat us with a big stick!

Actually the ECB is part of the troika, along with the EU and the IMF. If we had "called their bluff" the problem would be an absolute lack of any certainty in their providing us with assistance, strings or no strings attached. Our continuing need to borrow money (to pay for things like teachers salaries for example), has allowed them to 'beat us with a big stick' in the vague hope that they will get their money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I suppose he thinks that Hitler was a genius as well!

Well there is the phrase "evil genius".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fifty shades ad

mother of god:eek:

"Are you congratulating yourselves on setting targets?" fair play to him, mealy mouthed rubbish excuses made by the government for our screwed up banks when they should be shafting them.

Pat hits the nail on the head. Why wont young Irish people live the same sort of frugal lifestyle the East European's live when they come over here to take the jobs those same young Irish people won't take.

Protect employees within HSE - 6k in admin in 1998, 17k today....that needs some protection alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Using alcohol is really really silly"

Patronise them, that'll certainly make them take your advice alright.

• Advertisement

Good Vibrations. Is there a TV or Radio show in the country that hasn't done a lengthy slot on that film? Oh yea Pat Kenny. Well that's fixed now.

I'm utterly sick of the film and I don't think it is even in the cinema yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement