Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

I tuned out there for a few minutes. Did Pat have to shoot her or did she just collapse from not stopping to take a breath?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Callan57 wrote: »
    Is she gone?

Hopefully....if only for today:(

Decided to Google MLOD given the torture she put us through following her visit to Google Tower.

found this....sometimes it can be so inaccurate :D

mlod is an acronym that stands for "mega lol of doom", and sometimes "mega laugh of doom"
    it is used as an alternative to saying rofl, roflmao or other similar text based displays of amusement :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

europa11 wrote: »
    Hopefully....if only for today:(

Decided to Google MLOD given the torture she put us through following her visit to Google Tower.

found this....sometimes it can be so inaccurate :D

mlod is an acronym that stands for "mega lol of doom", and sometimes "mega laugh of doom"
    it is used as an alternative to saying rofl, roflmao or other similar text based displays of amusement :rolleyes:
    I also found this, didn't imagine her looking like this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Maria Muldaur - 40 albums and most of us only know her for one song. Although it's still a bit of a step up from most of his musical guests. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them were buskers who've been dragged in from the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i wish pat would just come out and say he wishes he was a pimp in another life as his taste in music seems to imply it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jazz-Club-Fast-Show.jpg

Jasus! Maybe I should write a cookbook and then I'd be able to afford the "guilt free" ingredients those two were promoting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I was hoping Pat would be there today to explain to me how the AIB go from losses of 8.01 billion to 2.8 billion in 12 months (65% decrease!) & in the current economic environment!

Am I thick or is this arrant nonsense .. or just more creative accounting? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Myles and Darragh Moloney getting on me tits here.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Callan57 wrote: »
    I was hoping Pat would be there today to explain to me how the AIB go from losses of 8.01 billion to 2.8 billion in 12 months (65% decrease!) & in the current economic environment!

Am I thick or is this arrant nonsense .. or just more creative accounting? :confused::confused:

I didn't hear the segment but I'm guessing they had fewer losses to crystallise (fancy accountant speak for realise (bring forward) to now) this year, relative to the shedload of losses last year. All they've done is managed to perform less badly than last year, whoop-de-dooo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yakuza wrote: »
    I didn't hear the segment but I'm guessing they had fewer losses to crystallise (fancy accountant speak for realise (bring forward) to now) this year, relative to the shedload of losses last year. All they've done is managed to perform less badly than last year, whoop-de-dooo :rolleyes:

It wasn't mentioned at all ..... that was my point. Regardless of the fancy accounting I don't believe these figures for one minute. IMO it just goes to prove what I've always believed that these corportate reports are works of simple fiction. Rather like saying Our Lord on Good Friday was in the best of health .... as long as you overlook the small matter of crucifiction ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

What the hell is that alarm noise behind Bacik?

I've heard it with other interviews before.

Its so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Its so annoying!

It's the division bell in Leinster House, they have five minutes (or something like that) to get their asses into the chamber for a vote. Comes with the job, you won't be getting rid of that any time soon I'm afraid!

Its so annoying!

It's the bell to force the TDs and Senators out of the Dail Bar/Resturant and into the chamber to vote. The drink is cheap and the food very good so it has to be as annoying as possible to get them up off their arses and vote to shut it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"What the Minister said was actually disrespectful to his wife".

I've heard some stupid things said by the guards over the last few days but that surely tops them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

That Toyota ad with the obnoxious "Amercan" ahole does my head in, Irish advertising is really the lowest of the low if thats the best that the idiots can come up with.

Irish people are sick of FG and Labour lackies mishandling the economy and keeping us in recession as anyone who listens to the Irish media and to the man in the street knows, its time for radical change, if the Meath by election is anything to go by its FG and FF they want now :rolleyes:.

"What the Minister said was actually disrespectful to his wife".

I've heard some stupid things said by the guards over the last few days but that surely tops them all.

It was disrespectful. He has dragged his wife into the battle he is having with the Gardai. It was a major assertion on his behalf. Next thing he'll be saying he fears for the safety of his children everytime a garda car drives past his house. The man has lost utter control of his brief and needs to be replaced ASAP.

can someone please tell me how LAB can be FIFTH behind the DDI lads and RTE cant seem to report it?

theres some mad spinning going on here. even now miles is mainting the gilroy lad is only ahead at the mo.

mad stuff.

the LAB guys in there must be going nuts that one of the guys they ignored is going to kick labours arse.

can someone please tell me how LAB can be FIFTH behind the DDI lads and RTE cant seem to report it?

theres some mad spinning going on here. even now miles is mainting the gilroy lad is only ahead at the mo.

mad stuff.

the LAB guys in there must be going nuts that one of the guys they ignored is going to kick labours arse.

The bigger story surely is that people are still voting for people who they claimed they never, ever, ever would again 2 years ago because they had destroyed their livelihoods (FF) or who are apparently bankrupting them now with property, water and septic tank 'taxes" (FG), Irish people's idiocy knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

na anyone with a brain knew FF would be back.

sure they said the same thing about FG back in 02.

the only surprise to me is that its so close with the FGer as sympathy vote there was a cert.

but the DDI bloke is amazing.

no one going into this thought the lab lad would be in 5th , they all thought it'd be a bitch fight between them and SF for third.

i'd say maybe the media s embarrssed once again that their shown up to be out of touch but i dont think they do shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 corkery

That guy reporting on the Munster rugby schools story has an uncanny resemblance to paddy o'gormans voice any relation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Sounds like some guys are really getting good chances with the rugby setup in Munchins.

Now honestly, how many people, apart from a minority of cretins are giving their kids unlimited, unsupervised access to their credit cards, if they are they deserve a short, sharp shock like "granddad" there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Now honestly, how many people, apart from a minority of cretins are giving their kids unlimited, unsupervised access to their credit cards :rolleyes:

Probably the same people who, in the good times, sent their kids into the local post office to collect their money on Children's Allowance Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It's not the cards directly, it's an insidious means of charging, via the app store or market, in game-and without the words "payment" or "charge" used at any stage.

Anyone with suspect IT skills (i.e. all these "new to the internet" people) could have been caught.

You can disable in-app purchases on iOS at least, I'd imagine Android has something similar.

Did Myles just announce it's one minute past twelve about eight minutes too early?

washiskin wrote: »
    Probably the same people who, in the good times, sent their kids into the local post office to collect their money on Children's Allowance Day.

Also probably the same people who shout and scream about FF and FG destroying their lives and who then go out and vote for them like in the next election like zombies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

"Spring has finally sprung!"

Go and sh1te, Arnotts.

• Advertisement

My number twos go down the toilet. A bit like Labour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement