Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

What was done to that woman is truly horrific ... Our Great Catholic Hospitals again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Callan57 wrote: »
    What was done to that woman is truly horrific ... Our Great Catholic Hospitals again :mad:
    Bad enough that they did, but the fact that it seems no information was given to that woman. It's like the medical people had no respect for the patient.

Bad enough that they did, but the fact that it seems no information was given to that woman. It's like the medical people had no respect for the patient.

Of course they hadn't ... sure they were only baby producing machines!

What was done to that woman was nothing short of an assault. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

When Bosch say there is no substantive risk, what they mean is that we are not a market big or important enough to spend money on a recall

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Why do they feel the need to go through the content of a TV programme on radio the day before, thereby ruining the "surprise"?

This ain't the first time they've done it - there was a PBH one before and he was on the day before going through the whole thing in advance. And possibly others.

I have far less inclination to watch the actual telly programme now. Surely this tactic is just spreading the audience thinner, thereby affecting advertising revenue :confused:

There are bigger problems in the world, no doubt about that, but this has always puzzled me. Anyone know why they do it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Brian Hayes is not normally this condescending.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

manyana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

oooh pistols at dawn!

"spoofer in chief" Hayes reckons a 40 year mortgage is cheaper to repay than a 20 year mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

this is great.

hayes hasnt a clue what he's talking about and his only defence seem to be sean whelan !

anyone with a mortgage knows if you extend the term your paying more, how come he cant ?

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Used to agree with that Stephen bloke on a load of things but hes becoming a real self righteous , arrogant pain in the hole, nice to see him been snared rapid.

"spoofer in chief" Hayes reckons a 40 year mortgage is cheaper to repay than a 20 year mortgage.

No, more affordable on a week to week basis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Brian Hayes is not normally this condescending.. :confused:

He seems to massively fixated with proving Donnelly wrong about various things: he's only a backbench TD ffs...

He seems to massively fixated with proving Donnelly wrong about various things: he's only a backbench TD ffs...

cause he's scared of him.

hayes is a bluffer and he got caught rapid there.

I think its very simple.

There is no other TD in the Dail that scares the government more than Donnelly.

- He has more clout on his own than all of SF.
    And the media don't take SF seriously on economics anyway
    - Whenever FF are on they air they are an easy target for the interviewer.

Donnelly is more articulate and intelligent than any other Independent.

He's easily sharper than any gov front bencher (with the possible exception of Noonan).

I assume Minister Hayes was just advised to do a deflect & hatchet job this morning.... he has little else to go with.

*Edit* ..... Snap Constitutionus!

No, more affordable on a week to week basis though.

Which is an irrelevent semantic.

Its only relevent for people that look at this "deal" through the short-term/electoral cycle prism the government do.

It was a year ago Bubba.

Hold it together dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

His attack on Stephen Donnelly was just an effort to deflect from the fact that he was struggling to answer Pat's questions and wasn't on top of his brief. It was very childish stuff.

Which is an irrelevent semantic.

Its only relevent for people that look at this "deal" through the short-term/electoral cycle prism the government do.

No, if paying back less money per year as a result of a longer term "loan" means less has to be taking out in cuts and taxes per year its common sense that its a more affordable deal for the average person, its not ideal but better than it was, Donnellys (and others)default soloution would have completely destroyed this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

No, if paying back less money per year as a result of a longer term "loan" means less has to be taking out in cuts and taxes per year its common sense that its a more affordable deal for the average person, its not ideal but better than it was.

This isn't going to lessen the cuts in the next few budgets, even Hayes admitted that.

• Advertisement

would have completely destroyed this country.

I'm not alone in prefering a smaller overall debt burden for my generation and my childrens generation.

If that required a slightly larger budget adjustment year-on-year now..... I think Ireland would survive.

(nice hyperbole though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

His attack on Stephen Donnelly was just an effort to deflect from the fact that he was struggling to answer Pat's questions and wasn't on top of his brief. It was very childish stuff.
    Mr Hayes was on the ropes and you're right, his approach was childish in the extreme.
    His brief seemed to be too much for him by the sounds of it. Pat had to bail him out on at least 1 occasion, and this from a government minister.

Ah yes the good old "Systems Failure", the reason why nobody is responsible for anything in good old Ireland, has been wheeled out in the Halappanavar case.
    Somehow I knew it wouldn't take long to get to it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah yes the good old "Systems Failure", the reason why nobody is responsible for anything in good old Ireland, has been wheeled out in the Halappanavar case.
    Somehow I knew it wouldn't take long to get to it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My money is on some empty suit from official Ireland stating that "lessons will be learned"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

But maybe if he had been spending his time studying the relevant issues rather than conducting extensive time-and-motion studies of Donnelly's previous media appearances he might have been more on top of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Aidric wrote: »
    Mr Hayes was on the ropes and you're right, his approach was childish in the extreme.
    His brief seemed to be too much for him by the sounds of it. Pat had to bail him out on at least 1 occasion, and this from a government minister.
    I thought that Donnelly was the one caught with his pants down. His "structural default" argument was silly and irrelevent. If I agree with my bank to restructure a loan, does that mean that I am in default. I don't think so but that is what Donnelly was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Wowwww.

mqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Wow , interesting topic on food here, but he has such an annoying accent ..

the_monkey wrote: »
    Wow , interesting topic on food here, but he has such an annoying accent ..

You are on the money there.
    He was a tough listen, but commendable for his work.

an aside: Why does every book interview end with stating the book price in sterling but not in Euro?

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I thought that Donnelly was the one caught with his pants down. His "structural default" argument was silly and irrelevent. If I agree with my bank to restructure a loan, does that mean that I am in default. I don't think so but that is what Donnelly was saying.

its a "technical default", not a structural one.

it isnt irrelevent, you will have technically defaulted on your loan if you agree to restructure it with your bank, it WILL go on your credit rating ,and itll go against you getting another loan as youve shown you cant pay your bills as agreed.

Hell it will even stop you getting a credit card from a rival bank, or an increase on your existing ones limit

all this seems to be beyoned brian hayes who doesnt seem to get that stuff like this is why after everthing were STILL rated as a junk investment status by the rating agencies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement