Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It's not the cards directly, it's an insidious means of charging, via the app store or market, in game-and without the words "payment" or "charge" used at any stage.

Anyone with suspect IT skills (i.e. all these "new to the internet" people) could have been caught.

If they must buy games and credits for their kids just get one of those prepaid Master or Visa cards and put 20 or 30 euro on it so there is a max that can be spent, people have to be savvy or at least have some common sense when it comes to internet purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Also probably the same people who shout and scream about FF and FG destroying their lives and who then go out and vote for them like in the next election like zombies!

It never ceases to amaze me how the promise of a few magic beans dupes the loudest screamers, but I see even Pat Rabitte is spinning out the "Europe is in the grip of a recession" guff to explain Labour getting a trouncing today.

I think Myles Dungan did a reasonable job today - to be honest I don't know why people don't like him - fair enough he's not as sharp as Pat on matters political but he doesn't let people yap on when he smells bs either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

washiskin wrote: »

to be honest I don't know why people don't like him.

Same here. People should be careful about what they wish for because if it wasn't Myles it would most likely be Miriam.

washiskin wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me how the promise of a few magic beans dupes the loudest screamers, but I see even Pat Rabitte is spinning out the "Europe is in the grip of a recession" guff to explain Labour getting a trouncing today.

I think Myles Dungan did a reasonable job today - to be honest I don't know why people don't like him - fair enough he's not as sharp as Pat on matters political but he doesn't let people yap on when he smells bs either.

I didn't know that people didn't like him, I think he's an excellent broadcaster myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Same here. People should be careful about what they wish for because if it wasn't Myles it would most likely be Miriam.

Oh God no!!! Don't wish that on us ;)Genuiiiiinely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

We'd have to mortgage the country AGAIN to be able to afford because I'm worth it Marian :rolleyes:

"A tooth fairy candidate" ... brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jaysus ya can smell the fear off the lab head .

And he's right they're fuked .

For all the slagging in can see the DDI taking seats . Hence why fionnan dismisse em . Gas that even now RTE won't talk to em :D

Jaysus ya can smell the fear off the lab head .

And he's right they're fuked .

For all the slagging in can see the DDI taking seats . Hence why fionnan dismisse em . Gas that even now RTE won't talk to em :D

There is the small matter of transfers though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Knock, Knock
    Who's there?
    Paddy O'Gorman if you please.

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    There is the small matter of transfers though :rolleyes:

And there's 3 years till a GE .

The council elections will tell a lot . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Eh, Catherine, doesn't matter if we can cook with wine on Good Friday, when you just put LARDONS in the recipe! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dear God, is anybody listening to Brian Lucey.. An academic on a fortune from the State saying that "there's some people who see any wage above zero as being extravagant"... No Brian, anybody on multiples of the average industrial wage from the public purse are the wages that should be questioned..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

They are still "Pretty high"? Jeebus, I'd like to see what he thinks is very high!

I wasn't overly impressed with the answers, but at least Myles asked the question. Would he have done so if he were one of the top ten? Probably not.

I wasn't overly impressed with the answers, but at least Myles asked the question. Would he have done so if he were one of the top ten? Probably not.

And of course dont forget about the usual rider that the RTE stars have in their contracts..
    "If I should need to take time off for any reason, whether that be to
    - promote a book about Kennedy,
    - go to France for a glass of wine,
    - or a fulfil a prior commitment (i.e. a bit of giant scissors work needs to be done),
    then my work for RTE is secondary.. "

5zuzE3.jpg

Whatever about Pat, at least he does a professional job and is always very well prepared for his shows, but how can anyone possibly think that Marion and Tubbs are worth hundreds of thousands ?????
    Someone must be putting hallucinogenics in the water in Montrose :confused::confused::confused:

5zuzE3.jpg

Do you have an issue with Myles Dungan teaching this course? I don't. They are evening classes and his only permanent role in RTE is a one hour weekend show.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Whatever about Pat, at least he does a professional job and is always very well prepared for his shows, but how can anyone possibly think that Marion and Tubbs are worth hundreds of thousands ?????
    Someone must be putting hallucinogenics in the water in Montrose :confused::confused::confused:

yup.

marion takes the buscuit for me.

remember when she spent a good part of her show talking about dissidents (i.e The RA) being responsible for that gard that got shot in the credit union robbery before one of her guests had to point out that angle had already been dismissed and they were looking at just bog standard crims ?

i think "research" for her is just asking her civil sevice mates what they think, and taking it as fact.

the elephant in the room for her was the fact she dissappeared for 15 weeks last year and her numbers went up. a clear sign that she's no longer important in her own show.

right now she's should only be worth what her replacement then - charlie bird-was paid.

in which case she's proably still over paid now :D

the other lads might be partisan, but at least they do know their breif and dont just wing things.

as for tubbs. i have a smidgeon of sympathy in that he's no gerry ryan - and RTE have no one that is- so freefall was the only outcome for the radio show. but any donkey doing the late late seems to pull in the same figures so what he's getting so much for is beyond me too.

Where the fup is pat kenny today ?

Ok its a bank hol and he might want it off but that's what stands in are for !

No need to cancel the whole show . Now I'm stuck with john Murray on slow sets and fecking ronan Collins on next.

Maybe he seen what happened to the made and didn't want to risk the competition doing just as good n takin a pay cut as a result ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Where the fup is pat kenny today ?

Ok its a bank hol and he might want it off but that's what stands in are for !

No need to cancel the whole show . Now I'm stuck with john Murray on slow sets and fecking ronan Collins on next.

Maybe he seen what happened to the made and didn't want to risk the competition doing just as good n takin a pay cut as a result ? :D

Think he is entitled to a Bank Holiday

so where are the stand ins ?

hooky aint doing the right hook , but newstalk didnt subject us to three hours of tom dunne's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How is Marian splutter splutter splutter Finucane on such high wages?
    She is a very ordinary presenter.

How is Marian splutter splutter splutter Finucane on such high wages?
    She is a very ordinary presenter.

Total incompetence in the HR dept Montrose ... no other explaination I can think of

honeybear wrote: »
    Think he is entitled to a Bank Holiday

yeha I wouldnt begrudge Pat the bank holiday.. He does work a few days that the other top level presenters dont seem to work...

tbh, I'm still in shock that Marian worked yesterday.. I would have thought there was more chance of the Easter Bunny himself presenting it on Easter Sunday than Marian Finucane..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Ah Jaysus, it's Myles again...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

RTE giving union whingers free air-time yet again :(

RTE giving union whingers free air-time yet again :(

At least the male teacher was realistic and admitted the country was bankrupt and some cuts were necessary unlike the whining female one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

they whine about the usc tax like they are the only ones who pay it.

also:
    "whine whine.... my mortgage rate has gone up.... blah blah"

again, your not the only one love.

I have sympathy for teachers, my sister is one and a very good one.
    But by God, they do make a rod for their own backs.

• Advertisement

Never understood why its compulsory for Ministers to attend the meetings of those spoiled, overpaid teachers only to be insulted, unions are relics of another era, they once were for the poor they now exist to support the new elite in Ireland, the privliged public sector workers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement