Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Marion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

You would wonder who is going to those Mitchell starred restaurants in Ireland and those nice holidays in Rome etc that were suggested in the last piece considering that apparently no one in the country can afford their property tax?

Well, when it comes to Roman holidays, I'd imagine a fair amount of the RTE staffers who seem to have taken up semi-permanent residence in the eternal city of late would fit the bill, a mere sneeze from the new Pope is enough to have a couple of Montrose crews scurrying out there for some more - all expenses not spared - dramatic backdrop shots of St. Peter's Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

You would wonder who can afford those Rolls Royce's ....... (see above)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

You would wonder who is going to those Mitchell starred restaurants in Ireland and those nice holidays in Rome etc that were suggested in the last piece considering that apparently no one in the country can afford their property tax?

Shame on all hard working people for still having some money and choosing to spend it on themselves in this day and age. Shame I say! The revolution will never be complete until we achieve equal squalor for all, Comrades! ;)

You would wonder who can afford those Rolls Royce's ....... (see above)

Top Gear did a segment a few years ago on how it was dirt cheap to buy a vintage Rolls Royce, respray it to make it look new and stick custom number places on it to hide it's age. The good folk at Rolls hadn't changed the design in decades.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    Shame on all hard working people for still having some money and choosing to spend it on themselves in this day and age. Shame I say! The revolution will never be complete until we achieve equal squalor for all, Comrades! ;)

My point is the opposite, its not that people are in squalor, they are pleading an beal boct when it comes to the property tax while dining in fancy restaurants and going on nice holidays, I know loads who are doing it.

Top Gear did a segment a few years ago on how it was dirt cheap to buy a vintage Rolls Royce, respray it to make it look new and stick custom number places on it to hide it's age. The good folk at Rolls hadn't changed the design in decades.

You will probably find that the ones spending 500 on wing mirrors are saying that the property tax is destroying them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You can buy Rolls Royce's for a relatively cheap price.

But at 10 MPG (4.25 LKM) it would cost a small fortune to keep on the road.

The cost of a single trip from Galway to Dublin works out at about €80.

Lucy on the euro crisis.

Nuff said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lucy on the euro crisis.

Lucy who ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Lucy on the euro crisis.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MLOD is going to Google .... new levels of hyperventilation will be reached. :mad:

I appreciate Pat for the advance notice of this silly overpaid twit's slot: important so that I can make my departure to Lyric before my ears are assaulted by her nonsensical chatter.

Callan57 wrote: »
    MLOD is going to Google .... new levels of hyperventilation will be reached. :mad:

I appreciate Pat for the advance notice of this silly overpaid twit's slot: important so that I can make my departure to Lyric before my ears are assaulted by her nonsensical chatter.

Why arent those O'Donnell pieces given to Valerie Cox? A professional and likable journalist who is much more listenable to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What's MLOD on about today? Missed the advance bit.

I'm poised at the "off" button

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What's MLOD on about today? Missed the advance bit.

I'm poised at the "off" button

As stated above shes visiting Google in Dublin, someone post on here when its safe to unmute the audio

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

creighton.

ya'd get more sense out of someone out of their head on LSD.

:)

Now fecking MLOD.

God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

MLOD grasps the concept of a search engine. And you guys thought this stuff would be all over her head...

nipped out for a bit.

is MLOD talking about google or RTE ?

:)

Sorry she said they "work very hard"

so not RTE then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is ****ing relentless, if her mouth could be converted into battle tanks she'd win any conflict!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is MLOD describing the facilities in The Seanad? Although, she probably wouldn't know, considering she seems to spend most of her time doing jaunts for the PK Show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Tedious 10 min ad for Google is tedious.

Jasus M'Lady is going on and on and on and on today.

Apparently she discovered this great yoke called GOOGLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Make her stop! please..make her stop!

Google must be delighted Lady MLOD dropped in to their "13 foot high" office building. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Google sounds a lot like the the old much-loved Anglo Irish Bank.....too good to last?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Incredibly deferential, especially for a massive tax avoider. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Irish_arrangement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The bunker is clear. I repeat the bunker is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've sent my usual email of complaint into the PK Show. I do it whenever I hear that woman on his show. Pat will never read it out but it makes me feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

God love her, an academic that shouldn't be let out! Scary that she is a Senator, all that fawning on the Radio over Enda before the election obviously paid off.

She is amazed that an office block has concrete floors:eek: Why is she constantly amazed by the mundane in life like its something new to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Is she gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just heading down to the Crystal Boat takeaway in GC Dock now, think I'll call in to Google for a look around, just tell them I won't be as annoying as their last visitor...

**** it it's snowing, surely they'll have to let me if they're so charitable...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement