Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MrsD007 ... there was a particularly cold spell a couple of nights ago ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TP1969

Why are CAB and Revenue not all over Rathkeale?

What leads you to believe they are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

TP1969 wrote: »
    What leads you to believe they are not?

because the travellers are still there

Why is Jeffrey Archer on Des's Sports section? I am confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ugh, Jeffrey Archer is a dinosaur. "India don't even publish me in hardback"

Hardback was one of the biggest rip offs in book history.

• Advertisement

Also, I hope Pat was being ironic asking Archer if he would write erotica, considering he has won awards for the worst sex scenes in literature.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jeffrey sounds very like Ann Widdecombe :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jeffrey sounds very like Ann Widdecombe :D
    Has anyone ever seen them both in the same room together?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TP1969

because the travellers are still there

Are you able to explain why "the travellers" being there should preclude the CAB and Revenue being "all over Rathkeale" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I don't know why Pat Kenny indulges that vile man, unless his publishers are paying for the gig. Kenny seems to have a blind spot towards Archer in the same way that Gay Byrne has for Sinéad O'Connor.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My heart went out to Paddy O'Gorman's first interviewee today. She is the very type of person our social welfare system should be there to protect and yet its as though the state has turned it's back on her and her family after the banks did.

The maddening thing is this. The bank refused to negotiate with her over her mortgage of €305,000 to the extent where she was forced to hand back the keys. They subsequently sold the property for €135,000 and will eventually follow her up for the remainder.

Meanwhile she and her family are claiming rent allowance of over €900 a month to live in a flat elsewhere. There is something seriously screwed up here. Surely some cop on and a bit of joined up thinking between banks, local authorities and the Department of Social 'Protection' is all that is needed to keep people in their own homes. The banks still get paid and the state will ultimately save money.

As for the other interviewees, the 18 year old mum going to the social with her 38 year old mum to claim the buggy allowance the assumed they were entitled to, they can fúck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

TP1969 wrote: »
    Are you able to explain why "the travellers" being there should preclude the CAB and Revenue being "all over Rathkeale" ?

See_no_Evil_Hear_no_Evil_Speak_no_Evil_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

anyone remember the name of the "crowd sourcing" web-site?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

anyone remember the name of the "crowd sourcing" web-site?

www.linkedfinance.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »
    My heart went out to Paddy O'Gorman's first interviewee today. She is the very type of person our social welfare system should be there to protect and yet its as though the state has turned it's back on her and her family after the banks did.

Just listened back to it after reading your post.. (I dont normally take notice of anything you say but I did this time.. :pac: )....

Very sad indeed, and possibly the first person in a Paddy O'Gorman report that I felt sorry for... I agree that this is the sort of person that social welfare is meant to help, but instead all of the money is wasted on single mothers and people abusing the system.. A 300k house in the boom was a very modest house. I wonder did the show offer her any help.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

but instead all of the money is wasted on single mothers and people abusing the system..

Can you back up this utterly stupid statement with anything that vaguely resembles a fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Can you back up this utterly stupid statement with anything that vaguely resembles a fact.

The vast vast majority of people interviewed by Paddy O'Gorman say enough to back it up for anyone who regularly listens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The vast vast majority of people interviewed by Paddy O'Gorman say enough to back it up for anyone who regularly listens to them.

Some man that interviews a few people every now and then is the proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

He said all of the money is wasted, not...some of, or a lot of , or too much of...but all of. Do you really think the people that Paddy O'Gorman singles out to interview represents all those in the country who receive social welfare and that woman is just one of a few isolated cases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I think that Paddy The Hat deserves his own thread! He certainly gets everyone talking anyway...

I still haven't decided if he's an actual leftie, or just pretends to be one in order to expose the rampant entitlement culture fostered and nurtured by decades of the welfare state. I'm leaning toward the latter, because genuine cases like the lady mentioned above are rare on his segment.

The comic value of him asking some gravel voiced fishwife (no doubt complete with two generations of offspring, a forty a day habit, and a moustache) in a heartfelt manner if they "have any man to love them" isn't lost on me, though.

• Advertisement

I remember when the phrase "A plague on all your houses" used to be a metaphor..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

None of the single mothers i've ever heard being interviewed by Paddy look for, or get child maintenance from the deadbeat dads. That's an abuse of the system. Remind me again why we have a minister for Children.

"This is a unique situation"...

I wont be fully reassured until I hear him say "Ireland is not Cyprus"..

None of the single mothers i've ever heard being interviewed by Paddy look for, or get child maintenance from the deadbeat dads. That's an abuse of the system. Remind me again why we have a minister for Children.

Glad you mention dads (plural) ... how many times has Paddy interviewed young women with multiple children by a number of fathers, none of whom make any contribution whatever (other than the obvious!) to their offspring? Anyone can get caught once but for the love of God it is pain as a pikestaff that we have created a culture of total irresponsibility and entitlement - a packet of condoms costs less than a packet of cigs!

It is high time that people were taught that with rights go responsibilities

lol.. Pat getting very excited.. Just waiting for him to say

"Get your hands off my land, you bounder"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pat discusses money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Pat currently savaging some Labour Politician over the Cyprus fiasco.

He gets better when he gets angry, unlike most broadcasters.

Skid X wrote: »
    Pat currently savaging some Labour Politician over the Cyprus fiasco.

He gets better when he gets angry, unlike most broadcasters.

... and he gets angry when PROPERTY in any guise happens to be the subject. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭touts

Did that Labour TD really just say it is OK to apply a levy on people with "big" cash deposits. "Those that can afford more should pay more". Jesus! That's that sort of stupid statement from a government spokesperson could cause a run on the bank. Was he briefed at all. If he was and this is the message the government want to send out then there will be a queue at AIB/BOI etc at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Callan57 wrote: »
    ... and he gets angry when PROPERTY in any guise happens to be the subject. :)

Yes, it really brings out the Bull McCabe in him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement