Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dball wrote: »
    I heard that too

Padraig struggled to hear it when the doctor told him.

He'll win The Open.... Is he in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus - I've taken all the lows so far.

But watching the late late here - Padraig is wearing Dunes Stores Clothes on tour.

When I was in school lads would say, where did you get your clothes "Dunnes Stores". :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

PARlance wrote: »
    He'll win The Open.... Is he in it?

He's in it until he's 60

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RikkFlair wrote: »
    He's in it until he's 60

He'll definitly win it again so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

PARlance wrote: »
    He'll definitly win it again so

Should end up as a 5 or 6 time major winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

ForeRight wrote: »
    Should end up as a 5 or 6 time major winner

If his ear-ache clears up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know what the Dunnes Stores sports clothing is like as I can't seem to find a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Good to see the arseholes out in force here anyway.

fullstop wrote: »

I agree. Some lads are just so negative about Harro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

fullstop wrote: »

Nicely put.

• Advertisement

I agree. Some lads are just so negative about Harro.

Whatever about where he is now, the idea he's just a pathetic figure of fun for your lampooning is pretty off-putting all right.

pelevin wrote: »
    Whatever about where he is now, the idea he's just a pathetic figure of fun for your lampooning is pretty off-putting all right.

Keep the faith.
    He will give us all a glorious Sunday night yet.

It will happen!

Keep the faith.
    He will give us all a glorious Sunday night yet.

It will happen!

Okay, I give in . . . Why? Is he scheduled to be guest-starring in Glenroe one of these days?

pelevin wrote: »
    Okay, I give in . . . Why? Is he scheduled to be guest-starring in Glenroe one of these days?

I'm starting to get the impression you don't think he will "be back"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Alright, thats enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Currently 196 in the world.

Could be outside the top 200 by the Monday. Not good viewing.

World No 206. Ten places in one week, will take alot to arrest this slide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I believe maybe it is time he returned to the European Tour..

Isnt that what he will be forced to do if he keeps playing next year anyway.
    On his present trajectory will he qualify for the US tour at all ? Or does his USPGA win still get him access to them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

So, Padraig wont be playing until 22/05 now and misses out on TPC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Even with his even downward trending performances these past few years he's still had 52 Top 10's in 224 starts on the PGA Tour earning $22.4m, that's some going...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Even with his even downward trending performances these past few years he's still had 52 Top 10's in 224 starts on the PGA Tour earning $22.4m, that's some going...

And lads say he should stop playing!!!

Unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭peepee

he's still had 52 Top 10's in 224 starts on the PGA Tour earning $22.4m, that's some going...

Do you have a figure for the last 5 years? Just wondering is he operating at a loss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you go for 2009 to date in 2014, he's played 81 and had 14 Top 10's, this would include The Open...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Isnt that what he will be forced to do if he keeps playing next year anyway.
    On his present trajectory will he qualify for the US tour at all ? Or does his USPGA win still get him access to them ?

He could use the "top 50 career money" exemption next year if he fails to make his card this year. This is a one off and couldn't use it again. So if he wanted, he could still play on the PGA Tour to the end of 2015. He is currently at 34 in the Career Money List.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    So, Padraig wont be playing until 22/05 now and misses out on TPC
    Barnaboy wrote: »

That IT article has him in the Byron Nelson next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Byron Nelson next. Great to see Martin Kaymer win at the Players (partly because I backed him from the start).

I hope Padraig was watching and gets confidence from the rejuvenated Kaymer who really fell off the rails aswel!

I dont know his relationship with Kaymer but seeing a fellow European, who was struggling, bounce back like that might give Padraig a boost. Byron Nelson is a massively supoported event with an overall purse of 6.9 million dollars. The field isnt exceptionally strong as such so hopefully Padraig can get back on the horse and earn a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Byron Nelson next. Great to see Martin Kaymer win at the Players (partly because I backed him from the start).

I hope Padraig was watching and gets confidence from the rejuvenated Kaymer who really fell off the rails aswel!

I dont know his relationship with Kaymer but seeing a fellow European, who was struggling, bounce back like that might give Padraig a boost. Byron Nelson is a massively supoported event with an overall purse of 6.9 million dollars. The field isnt exceptionally strong as such so hopefully Padraig can get back on the horse and earn a few bob.

Great to see him win
    Regarding his return
    He won big tournaments in 2010 & 2011
    Padraig a slide is going on a lot longer
    He made a difference while playing in the Ryder cup in medinah while his game was in the toilet at the time
    I wouldn't go as far with Padraig in Wales

But the big difference is he went backwards to improve again

Love to see Padraig even try that for 6 months as ploughing along saying that he has to change something every year doesn't look to be going well the last few years

Try a different caddy for a different voice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

soundsham wrote: »
    Great to see him win
    Regarding his return
    He won big tournaments in 2010 & 2011
    Padraig a slide is going on a lot longer
    He made a difference while playing in the Ryder cup in medinah while his game was in the toilet at the time
    I wouldn't go as far with Padraig in Wales

But the big difference is he went backwards to improve again

Love to see Padraig even try that for 6 months as ploughing along saying that he has to change something every year doesn't look to be going well the last few years

Try a different caddy for a different voice ?

Completely agree with the new caddy thing. His decisions need to be challenged by a more experienced man on the bag. I get the impression Ronan is a Yes man, having listened to the few conversations you hear between them on the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Completely agree with the new caddy thing. His decisions need to be challenged by a more experienced man on the bag. I get the impression Ronan is a Yes man, having listened to the few conversations you hear between them on the course!

I dont think a new caddy is going to help with missing putts and chipping poorly?

There arent too many caddys out there who are 3 time major winners either;
    you cant have it both ways. either Ronan was a passenger for the Majors or he was part of it. If he was a passenger then surely current problems can be caused by a passenger caddy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I said this before - at least trying a new caddy might be interesting, even just for a few weeks. It would need to be someone tough and someone experienced. Colin Byrne?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement