Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He's back !

That's a ridiculous comment

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Petty bitching will be met with petty infractions and bans.
    Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

He's back !
    +1
    He's going to win this weekend, then US and then the Open and then perhaps PGA for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

It's a million miles away from what his form is showing, but if somehow paddy managed to grind out a top 20 this weekend, I thing it would be a massive springboard for him.

I personally would feel more confident if he had 16 pars, 2 birds yesterday, just in terms of stability, rather than -6, +4.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Jimdagym wrote: »
    It's a million miles away from what his form is showing, but if somehow paddy managed to grind out a top 20 this weekend, I thing it would be a massive springboard for him.

I personally would feel more confident if he had 16 pars, 2 birds yesterday, just in terms of stability, rather than -6, +4.

The fact that he has 6 birdies is the main positive from yesterdays round. the 4 bogeys are almost standard for Padraig nowadays, 2 of which were caused by missed putts from inside 5 foot.
    Lately he was as inclined to hit 4 bogies and have no birdies at all.
    He hit more fairways and Greens than normal (of late) and made more putts.
    I'd be delighted for him to have 24 birdies and 16 bogeys this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Nice bounce back birdie there after a fairly forgivable double bogey on the hardest hole on the course on the previous hole.

Had to make a nice 8 footer for the double. Putting seems to be good

Straight over the pin to 9 feet at the next aswel.

Keep it going Padraig

Peppering pins here. 5 feet for birdie at the next

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

- 4 now on 13 hope this keeps going. It would be great to see him with a chance at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

webels wrote: »
    - 4 now on 13 hope this keeps going. It would be great to see him with a chance at the weekend.

Its just great at the moment not having to look at the projected cut line!!!!

• Advertisement

After a good save on 15 still 4 under

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

Still 4 under after 17. I'm almost afraid to say anything for fear I'll jinx it.

abff wrote: »
    Still 4 under after 17. I'm almost afraid to say anything for fear I'll jinx it.

18th Hole

Shot 3 from the fairway
    Drop in left fairway, 183 yds to hole
    Shot 2 Penalty
    Shot 1 247 yds to water, 168 yds to hole

Hope he pulls a bogey out of the fire here!!

Great approach. 15 footer for par...............

15 foot putt on the last for par and.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Shot 3 179 yds to green, 15 ft to hole

Please knock it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

That was some recovery for par. Great round.

...he makes it currently 4 under great stuff P keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

Get in!! Great round after the double bogey early on.

sunk it!!!!!!!!Well done Padraig....roll on the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

And a great par save at the last after finding water off the tee. Lovely to be able to relax and watch this evening's golf without worrying about the cut line. Fingers crossed for a good weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

God bless him :-D not going to get hyper here. But come on Harrington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Not being greedy but I dearly hope we see a top 10 finish here, top 5 would be dreaming going on recent form and not being able to put four rounds together.

Hopefully he'll be leaving with a 6 figure cheque. Not bad for a weeks work...

He's a legend. Well done Padraig. High class scrambling!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Well done Pádraig, but an even bigger well done to Paul Casey. -8 for his back nine! Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Casey is back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

Not being greedy but I dearly hope we see a top 10 finish here, top 5 would be dreaming going on recent form and not being able to put four rounds together.

Hopefully he'll be leaving with a 6 figure cheque. Not bad for a weeks work...

Rarely makes the cut these days and when he does make the cut he throws in 2 sh*t rounds.

Guaranteed not to be in the top 40 by the end of the tournament. If I'm wrong then self imposed posting ban for life !

I think after making the cut he might go super low today and have a good push at winning this thing. Who knows then he might pop up with a major this year yet.

He's nearly back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

josie19 wrote: »
    Rarely makes the cut these days and when he does make the cut he throws in 2 sh*t rounds.

Guaranteed not to be in the top 40 by the end of the tournament. If I'm wrong then self imposed posting ban for life !

I'm just quoting this so you can't edit your post if he makes the top 40. I really hate the negativity in here, he has played brilliantly this week, had a couple set backs but has bounced straight back. Hoping for a top 20 finish from him, he's definitely playing well enough. No double bogeys this weekend please Harro.

ForeRight wrote: »
    I think after making the cut he might go super low today and have a good push at winning this thing. Who knows then he might pop up with a major this year yet.

He's nearly back.

A little bit overly optimistic but I hope he has two par or better rounds to leave him at least in the top 20.

You'd never know he might push on this weekend but a "steady" two days would signify a decent step forward for Padraig, given his recent form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I missed the last two days - brilliant to see the little Irish flag in the top part of the leaderboard. Good man Padraig - delighted for him. Hope he keeps it going now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement