Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

Hole 16
    Not sure what went on here but still 3 under two tough holes to go. Drop must have been a free one obviously.

Shot tracker for hole 16
    Shot 4 in the hole
    Shot 3 51 ft to green, 9 in. to hole
    Shot 2 138 yds to left fairway, 52 ft to hole
    Drop in right rough, 154 yds to hole
    Shot 1 324 yds to right rough, 153 yds to hole

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads - is this the same lad that is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    He is BACK!!!!!!!!!

Ole ole ole ole, ole, ole....

You never doubted him ForeRight. Fair dues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭webels

Lads - is this the same lad that is finished.

Still some damage to be done on the last two holes but everything crossed for him the next 3 rounds (being optimistic). Short game today seems to be magic

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

looks like he's making a sh**e of the par3 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Wtf? A double on the 17th.

41 feet from the hole after his tee shot at the 17th and another 4 shots to get in the hole. Must have got a flier, but it's so frustrating watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

webels wrote: »
    Hole 16
    Not sure what went on here but still 3 under two tough holes to go. Drop must have been a free one obviously.

Shot tracker for hole 16
    Shot 4 in the hole
    Shot 3 51 ft to green, 9 in. to hole
    Shot 2 138 yds to left fairway, 52 ft to hole
    Drop in right rough, 154 yds to hole
    Shot 1 324 yds to right rough, 153 yds to hole
    free drop
    Yet again a f#@k up. Every round seems to have 1. What must be going through his head....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Relax lads.

Paudi's got this!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Relax lads.

Paudi's got this!
    is there somewhere I can check how many rounds in the 60's he has this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Looking like a double bogey, bogey finish. The 17th is playing impossibly difficult if you miss the green at all. Most players bogeying. Shame he missed the 6 footer and made double though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So he drops three in the last two holes. A decent round of level par though. C'MON PADRAIG!

He'll be furious about that finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

He is BACK!!!!!!!!!

Even with the characteristic finish, will this round be enough to get him back into the top ten in the world rankings ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Even with the characteristic finish, will this round be enough to get him back into the top ten in the world rankings ?

Will you ever cop on. He's T45 in the tournament. Hit 2 fairways for the day and scrambled well till the end.

Probably another Fri night battle to make the cut awaits :-(

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Will you ever cop on. He's T45 in the tournament. Hit 2 fairways for the day and scrambled well till the end.

Probably another Fri night battle to make the cut awaits :-(

Don't be silly pistol.

He will cruise into the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Current at +3 so unless he can produce a miracle on his last eight holes, this will be another MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

You cant compete with the big boys over 4 rounds hitting 30% of fairways and 40% odd of GIR. Some days you will get away with it but over the course of 4 days it doesn't stand up.

Sadly in Padraig's case it mostly doesn't stand up to 2 days.

the cut will be 2 over I'd say. Needs two under for last 6.

Just had another two bogeys to go to 5 over. Another weekend off, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Currently 196 in the world.

Could be outside the top 200 by the Monday. Not good viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I of course want Padraig to do well but while Padraig has been accused of mentally going a bit off the wall with his brain-scanning and so on, but how does this compare with some of his more passionate fans? "He's back!!!" I presumed this was being ironic but perhaps it wasn't. Not even a completed round on day 1 of a tournament is proof that he's back?! Just had a look at the scoreboard and he's 6 over, nowhere near the cut line I presume. But he was back yesterday. It's this kind of bizarrely optimistic support that actually attracts some comments that seem to be having a go at Padraig but are actually directed more at injecting a bit of realism into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yet another missed cut :(

Bad day at the office but that can happen to anyone.

He will bounce back next week without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah no. Really looked promising yesterday.

Bad day at the office but that can happen to anyone.

He will bounce back next week without a doubt.

This is the kind of bizarre optimism I was referring to. That bad day at the office has been for a good while a completely predictable scenario for Padraig yet you dismiss it as just something that could happen to anyone. It happens again and again to someone not playing well. Why will he bounce back without a doubt next week? You earlier were certain he would cruise into the weekend. Unsurprisingly he managed to go from a position of -3 to not even going close to making the cut, while yesterday you wrote: "He is BACK!!!!!!!!!" That, btw, is going from presumably well up the leaderboard at -3 to playing the next 20 holes in +9. That's a pretty shocking turnaround but I'd say it's fair to say, more or less as one would expect from Harrington as he is now.

Other similar total over the top optimism from a few others and if next week he has a good round, pretty certain that there'll be comments like "This proves the doubters wrong", etc. Maybe he will come back to being a genuine competitor rather than the total also-ran he at the moment is, but I think it'd be wiser to have a bit of patience about it rather than over and over again the one brief appearance of a swallow proclaimed to be a glorious summer.

I genuinely was wondering if you were taking the mick with your He's back and He will cruise into the weekend comments but it seems you're actually in earnest with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

I wouldn't worry about the missed cut. The important thing is that he is back.
    Has to be a serious contender for the PC now. I'm certain of it.

pelevin wrote: »
    This is the kind of bizarre optimism I was referring to. That bad day at the office has been for a good while a completely predictable scenario for Padraig yet you dismiss it as just something that could happen to anyone. It happens again and again to someone not playing well. Why will he bounce back without a doubt next week? You earlier were certain he would cruise into the weekend. Unsurprisingly he managed to go from a position of -3 to not even going close to making the cut, while yesterday you wrote: "He is BACK!!!!!!!!!"

Other similar total over the top optimism from a few others and if next week he has a good round, pretty certain that there'll be comments like "This proves the doubters wrong", etc. Maybe he will come back to being a genuine competitor rather than the total also-ran he at the moment is, but I think it'd be wiser to have a bit of patience about it rather than over and over again the one brief appearance of a swallow proclaimed to be a glorious summer.

I genuinely was wondering if you were taking the mick with your He's back and He will cruise into the weekend comments but it seems you're actually in earnest with them.

I was told by a lad who is well in the know of the golf world that Padraig had an ear ache today and that's why he had a poor round. As you know once your ear is at you your balance does be off so how could any man put a round together if someone with the skills of Padraig can't even do it.

That's why I wouldn't be too harsh over today.

Only for the ear ache he was 100% back this week.

I was told by a lad who is well in the know of the golf world that Padraig had an ear ache today and that's why he had a poor round. As you know once your ear is at you your balance does be off so how could any man put a round together if someone with the skills of Padraig can't even do it.

I'm back in the fold of presuming you must be winding people up. It takes a lot ear-aches to go from where he was to nearly 200 in the world rankings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

I heard that too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement