Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Isn't this poll *slightly* loaded?

I'd have picked "Ah I don't mind him actually, he's alright"... but I guess the closest to that is "yes... I'm a masochist"... Er... no thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

Bard wrote: »
    Isn't this poll *slightly* loaded?

I'd have picked "Ah I don't mind him actually, he's alright"... but I guess the closest to that is "yes... I'm a masochist"... Er... no thanks!

as i explain above..i have come to my tubbsend...i have dishwashered my tubberware box...i have seen too much tubbs...i have tubble wrapped my tubb and put it in the attic....i have simply gotten sick of "the tubbles" and ,like the i.r.a, laid down arms i.e my ears and eyes. i have in a word...transtubblified..

come join me.

That's all very well and good, but it doesn't mean that all the people who are potential respondents in your poll have also come to their tubbsend, as you put it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Try changing station ;).

marco_polo wrote: »
    Try changing station ;).

Try staying on topic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

marco_polo wrote: »
    Try changing station ;).

+1 for that.

Listened to John Murray this morning on Radio 1. I thought it was a good programme an would tune in again. Cannot stand tubs.

Take two Tubs threads into the shower? No.. I just merge and go...

and now for some reason my poll is on your thread?
    is this the usual policy of boards?

do i now have to report this to some other moderator?

dear god its all so tedious..

jane wani wrote: »
    and now for some reason my poll is on your thread?

Because the threads were merged, yes.
    do i now have to report this to some other moderator?

What's to report?

Because the threads were merged, yes.

What's to report?

but i actually would prefer if you didnt just decide to take over a thread..

maybe you have had some problems with other peoples girlfriends in the past have you?

how about just leaving other peoples stuff alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 felderkirk

My friend and I 'won' 4 tickets for Tubridy Tonight one time and we ended up shnaking our way into the bar afterwards by pretending to be two of The Kooks.

We were living it up and having a laugh when our girlfriends, who were stranded outside and saw us drinking with Gloria Hunniford and her husband through the window, ruined our elaborate ruse by phoning incessantly and insisting on being brought past the security guards too.

This achieved, we're all standing at the bar chatting to some young fella from Coronation Street when over pops Tubbers himself and says 'Hi guys. Which party are you with?', to which we answered that we were with The Kooks. Tubbers seemed up for the craic and we thought we were OK to continue schmoozing when an RTE security guard finally came over and told us nicely to **** off. We implored Tubbers to let us stay but he pretended not to hear us and walked off to tell Gloria something.

On the plus-side, we met The Kooks on the way out. Gob****es.

but i actually would prefer if you didnt just decide to take over a thread..

You posted a thread on the Radio forum. There was already a thread on the same topic. I merged them. Deal with it.
    maybe you have had some problems with other peoples girlfriends in the past have you?

What's that supposed to mean???
    how about just leaving other peoples stuff alone?

How about staying on topic on the thread, please.

bard how about just "unmerging" the threads so as my new thread and poll which i took time to write..actually gets commented on..isnt that the point of this website???? has the world gone mad??
    has everyone been infected by tubberware man and begun to act in increasingly irrational ways just to annoy other people???

bard how about just "unmerging" the threads

No.

Do us a favour... read the charter, stay on topic on the thread and stop telling mods how to moderate.

You posted a thread on the Radio forum. There was already a thread on the same topic. I merged them. Deal with it.

What's that supposed to mean???

How about staying on topic on the thread, please.

staying on what topic exactly ?
    the topic i wrote at the beginning of my thread ..or the topic you wrote at the beginning of this thread which for some reason you have used my poll for??
    dear god this is supposed to be fun..
    i am requesting again that you just unmerge the threads...
    or if you want how about merging the thread so as my thread is the lead thread...and yours has merged with mine...
    how about that my dear bard..?

jane wani: this is your final warning

Request denied. If you wish to discuss the merging of threads or how we moderate this forum in general, do it by private message. The topic of this thread is quite obviously "Tubridy on 2FM". If you are posting on this thread, stay on THAT TOPIC.

Think carefully before you reply. If you continue to post on this thread regarding how the forum is moderated, then you will be banned for one week. How about that my dear jane wani?

Gloria Hunniford wouldn't be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

As bad as it is with his constant " books, twitter, tweeting, tweet, books twitter" its still better thatn that awful Parachute man.

His comments about the abuse he suffers on the street were fair enough though. The Great Unwashed on these isles are embarrassingly begrudging and ignorant sometimes. Granted, he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but but that shouldn't mean you can roar stuff out a window at him or kick him for Christ's sake!

felderkirk wrote: »
    His comments about the abuse he suffers on the street were fair enough though. The Great Unwashed on these isles are embarrassingly begrudging and ignorant sometimes. Granted, he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but but that shouldn't mean you can roar stuff out a window at him or kick him for Christ's sake!

the guy puts himself on national radio...
    what does he expect ..of course people will shout at him..
    his inane ramblimgs the other day made my head explode and i had to seek medical advice..due to hearing the words facebook,book,twitter,hawhaw.way too often..the doctor said i needed to be detubbed..
    kicking is maybe a bit too far..but for the love of all that is real and alive..
    we have all had enough of tubberware boy..the sooner he realises the better..

• Advertisement

i see that most agree with me...well that is a relief..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

not liking his show today, thought he was a bit harsh on the fella suffering from vertigo on the wheel, espically with playing 'i beleive i can fly' and 'parachute'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dingledongle

Hey i was kinda excited with the idea of Ryan Tubridy on 2fm until i actually heard him.
    I am not impressed and he has not made me want to listen to him and sometimes he sounds fake when talking to a listener on the phone.
    In fairness he is extremely talented on Tv and i loved his Radio 1 show but i think he should not have done the move to 2fm.
    It's the radio 1 show with an extra hour!!
    And what's the format of the talk show after him?
    Why 2 talk shows?

I have to say there is huge talent out there that would have been a breath of fresh air on that or any show on "Closed door policy..2fm"

Bring back John Clarke and the early 90's type 2fm please or get rid of the old names and give us a Fresh New 2fm!!

MJ23 and jane wani banned for 7 days for breach of the forum charter. Offending posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i see that most agree with me...well that is a relief..

enough is enough i had to actually change station could not stand listen to the words book books are you reading a book tweet ,twitter turbidy tweets,that is all the show is about it has to end
    so going froward jim jim is starting on 104 on monday hence thats where im going untill 11 when colm is back on 2fm

the radio is not radio since gerry passed away there is a massive void in the airwaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Ryan Tubridy is second choice for the late late and his 2fm show. Miriam O Callaghan & Ray Dracy were first choices.

well he should be replaced immediatly people must be falling asleep listening to him:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I hate to kick a man when he's down....but here goes anyway. Like others have said, I can only last about 10 minutes before I switch over.

I was not a Gerry Ryan listener/fan and used to listen to Tubridy's old Radio 1 show...just waiting for Pat Kenny's show really...and he was ok in that hour slot. He had to cover a certain amount of topics in the hour, so he had to get on with it. In this new show, from what I've heard, he seems to be required to talk more freely and offer his opinions more (newpaper review etc.) and it's then you realise just how little he actually has to offer and what a lightweight broadcaster he is.

I don't dislike Tubridy but his constant irritating references to twitter, Mad Men/West Wing, his love of Galway, how wonderful kids are, nostalgia, books etc. have me reaching for the dial.

yes i agree its all about what he likes
    tweet
    twitter
    book
    thats what the whole show is about
    anybody could do that ,talk about what they like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has he fecked off on holiday again?

Advertisement