Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Newstalk running an ad for Coleman At Large tonight... "Are Ryan Tubridy's remarks about Larry Murphy indicative of a reduction in standards in broadcasting" ... badly paraphrased, but you get the idea. What exactly did he say people..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Newstalk running an ad for Coleman At Large tonight... "Are Ryan Tubridy's remarks about Larry Murphy indicative of a reduction in standards in broadcasting" ... badly paraphrased, but you get the idea. What exactly did he say people..

As far as I remember, he was just replying to the rumours that he would be appearing on the LLS, he just said that he didn't think that would be happening. Maybe I missed some of it, but I don't think it was anything more sinister than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

flickarius wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the show just yet, but was there any mention of Nob Nation returning? Hope we haven't heard the last of it!
    Yeah. Nob Nation was on this morning at ten. They did a skit on The Rose of Tralee.
    It's a bit rich Newstalk discussing whether Tubridy is contributing to a reduction in standards in broadcasting. Kettle calling the pot black!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

And what about Hook's comment to Brenda Power about castration with a rusty knife.

Well I dont like Tubridy, but Mark Coleman questioning anybody's standards is completely ridiculous... He is by FAR the most unprofessional person I've heard on radio... splutting and coughing all the time, mumbles through his sentences...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ncmc wrote: »
    Evelyn O'Rourke, who worked on the Gerry Ryan show, has breast cancer. I believe he said she is also pregnant. Poor thing, she's very young, here's hoping she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Ah no that's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Tubs letting his FF colours shine this morning, he refers to "we" when he talks about relief in the FF party when Callely resigns.
    Then he goes on to defend Cowen having a smoke in a non-smoking area.

Poly wrote: »
    That's the biggest 'non-story' of the year so far. Cowen was out in the open so it's a fair mistake to make that smoking would be permitted outdoors. If that was the only f**k up he made in his political career we'd be in a great place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

That's the biggest 'non-story' of the year so far. Cowen was out in the open so it's a fair mistake to make that smoking would be permitted outdoors. If that was the only f**k up he made in his political career we'd be in a great place.

Fcuk up?? Or is he just being the obnoxious bollox we have to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well i gave him a shot and lasted about a minute and a half.

dear jesus this is bizarre. ryans usual listerners must be completly lost as to whats going on.

i was no fan of ryan but if they were even TRYING to keep the same feel theyve messed up big time as this is clearly not turbidys forte.

thank god newstalk will be extending their breakie show soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Anyone hear the woman on this morning who's daughter has been missing for eighteen years and the year before she went missing her son was killed in a motorbike accident. And her poor husband who suffered from depression because of it all hung himself. Very sad and I was impressed with the lady and how composed she was during the interview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭magunkey

I'm probably going to get banned for this because I'm posting links to a blog but it is soo funny. gerry-ryan-tubridy2.png

Poly wrote: »
    Tubs letting his FF colours shine this morning, he refers to "we" when he talks about relief in the FF party when Callely resigns.
    brian-cowen-motivational-poster2.png

So now if I get banned for providing entertaning links then it will say a lot about boards.ie.

magunkey wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get banned for this because I'm posting links to a blog but it is soo funny.
    You really think that's funny? Sigh....

You really think that's funny? Sigh....

And you don't? Sigh!

Of course they cross promote. You can't blame them really... When you've got it flaunt it!

I like Tubbers. He's a nice, genuine chap. He takes the usual banal childish morning talk crap up a notch or three. And he hasn't got a gaggle of sidekicks talking rubbish over one another like D'arcy.
    (Donning flak jacket now...) I'd say he'll be even more successful than G. Ryan in the long run as he's not as controversial as Gerry but is more intelligent than Ray D'arcy and Co.

Get a room boys!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I knew it'd be bad, but I can't believe it's this bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its poor from tubbs, dont know what i was expecting but its crappy stuff so far. i hate shows that bring someone on to talk about drivil like "top 5 things" etc etc. come on tubbers get it together man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

Shane10 wrote: »
    its poor from tubbs, dont know what i was expecting but its crappy stuff so far. i hate shows that bring someone on to talk about drivil like "top 5 things" etc etc. come on tubbers get it together man.

I actually like him on the radio but I agree with you. The bit with that girl (can't remember her name) where they went through a list of hers (can't remember what it was about it was that bad) was pure rubbish. I think he's dumbed down too much for 2FM. I hope he gets it right as I normally enjoy his programmes. Its early days yet so there's bound to be mistakes. Yesterdays interview with Fiona Penders mother was terrific radio. So who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

FredBloggs wrote: »
    I actually like him on the radio but I agree with you. The bit with that girl (can't remember her name) where they went through a list of hers (can't remember what it was about it was that bad) was pure rubbish. I think he's dumbed down too much for 2FM. I hope he gets it right as I normally enjoy his programmes. Its early days yet so there's bound to be mistakes. Yesterdays interview with Fiona Penders mother was terrific radio. So who knows?

ya his show on rte1 was better. i dont think he needs to bring in people to talk about silly topics. suppose i thought more people would be calling in like gerry. must be getting away from that.

• Advertisement

Trying to hard to be funny, shouting and roaring out of him... He's trying to be a different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

magunkey wrote: »
    So now if I get banned for providing entertaning links then it will say a lot about boards.ie.

Stop trying to provoke mods into banning you and stop posting shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Will he ever just stop putting on those voices:mad:.I cringe when I hear them.I think he is trying too hard to be Gerry, just stop! be yourself tubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Have only briefly listened to his show on 2fm. I think he is doing a good job he may need to slightly alter his personality to make the transition from Radio1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

He's pure pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I did not like Gerry Ryan but the housewives of Ireland loved him,this demographic will not take to him or his style of presenting

because of this.i think Tubirdy will crash and burn

I did not like Gerry Ryan but the housewives of Ireland loved him,this demographic will not take to him or his style of presenting

because of this.i think Tubirdy will crash and burn
    I don't understand why everyone thinks he won't make it. He had a very healthy following on Radio 1. If he only brought half of them over with him and only kept half of Gerry Ryans listeners to add to it he'd have as many as Gerry Ryan had and way more than any of his competitors. I can't see him failing at all.

G.Ryan discusses women's issues, sex, food .....
    Tubridy discusses politics, books, the Kennedys......

How did they ever think he could fill Ryan's shoes..

Tubridy discusses politics, books, the Kennedys......
    He hasn't been on any of those topics since he started on 2FM. :confused:

• Advertisement

He hasn't been on any of those topics since he started on 2FM. :confused:

The very first caller he took (the last day I listened) after the review of the papers...... a woman rang in, first question "what are you reading at the moment?"... Gerry would have asked "who are you riding at the moment?".

Advertisement