Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Poly wrote: »
    You missed the Kenny interveiw and the Bertie love-in? Last year, on "Tubridy tonight" he blatantly cut Paul Williams off when he was in the middle of an anti-government rant.

And dont forget his "interview" of Enda Kenny (where he pretty much insulted him for 20 minutes). He is waaaay too connected to be presenting anything to do with politics and should never have been given the job. All of this is on TV of course, but his performances last year should have at least made it clear that he cant carry out any political interview (whether radio or TV) without letting his FF colours shine through.

I've listened to PK for years and I still have no idea what way he is politically inclined... sign of a good presenter. So, RTE ... well done on moving Ryan Tubridy from Radio One, if you could just give the LLS to somebody impartial that would a good next step. If he really wants to influence the nation with his FF spin, maybe he could run for election with Garrett the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

And dont forget his "interview" of Enda Kenny (where he pretty much insulted him for 20 minutes). He is waaaay too connected to be presenting anything to do with politics and should never have been given the job. All of this is on TV of course, but his performances last year should have at least made it clear that he cant carry out any political interview (whether radio or TV) without letting his FF colours shine through.

I've listened to PK for years and I still have no idea what way he is politically inclined... sign of a good presenter. So, RTE ... well done on moving Ryan Tubridy from Radio One, if you could just give the LLS to somebody impartial that would a good next step. If he really wants to influence the nation with his FF spin, maybe he could run for election with Garrett the next time.

Ryan Tubridy does not display any political leanings on radio or tv, so what you are saying and one or two other posters, is very unfair. It is wrong to taint him because of his relatives.

You clearly did not hear Ryan Tubridy interviewing Brian Cowen on The Late Late Show. He was tough on the Taoiseach and clearly the Taoiseach was uncomfortable with the way the interview went. Ryan came across almost as angry with Mr. Cowen.

God help him if he dared to say anything nice about someone with Fianna Fail connections! He would have the posters here to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Have to agree with Jon's post there Tubs is so FF its laughable,i bet anyone here ,any amount of money that he will not criticize FF at anytime during his new show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Bard wrote: »
    Did you listen to the show itself? Really? Then criticise that, not him personally.

Just aswell I didn't accuse you of backseat modding earlier.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rubik. wrote: »
    Just aswell I didn't accuse you of backseat modding earlier.;)

Isn't it just? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Show repeated now, is there plans to do this every night? just a bit of overkill if so.

PFL wrote: »
    Show repeated now, is there plans to do this every night? just a bit of overkill if so.

"Trigomy"......... another PretentiouBridy ...

Overkill was having him on for the original airing of the show.. I tuned in to give him a chance.... but he's just as annoying as he ever was.. radio off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

PFL wrote: »

It's part of "2FM Replay" which is a "best bits" compilation that runs as the 'overnight' playlist. It's there early tonight to fill in as they make the transition to the new schedule which kicks in at 6am.

1am on a Monday morning.. Somebody is taking his new duties very seriously :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Tubs just called boardsies "mean".

looks like he is picking up the baton from G.Ryan nicely.
    I wouldn't mind, I tuned in to hear the new show with an open mind.
    He can feck off now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

He can feck off now.

What exactly did he say Poly? I was listening but must have missed that. What part of the show was that?

ncmc wrote: »
    What exactly did he say Poly? I was listening but must have missed that. What part of the show was that?

It was in the first 15 mins, after one or two plugs for the LLS, he was babbling about twitter and boards, he said boards are mean.

For me, it was the highlight of an otherwise very bland show.

It was in the first 15 mins, after one or two plugs for the LLS, he was babbling about twitter and boards, he said boards are mean.

For me, it was the highlight of an otherwise very bland show.

Yeah, not much happened today, even though it only ended an hour ago, I actually can't remember a single piece he had on it!

I suppose he's being cautious for the first couple of weeks, it will take him a while before he gets into his stride.

I'm suprised at him bashing Boards already, it only gives the mean Boardsies more ammunition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I couldn't get The Tubridy Show on the radio today in Cork. Kept getting interfernce from Cork 96 fm. It used to happen alot with the Gerry Ryan Show aswell and I often wondered is by accident or design. The show is over and the reception is fine again.

He can feck off now.

i was wondering when this would start was not expecting it so soon

i was wondering when this would start was not expecting it so soon

On my signal, unleash Degsy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

He also said that "The beast of Baltinglass" will not be appearing on the LLS.
    (not 'till he has book out or can bake a cake like Twink)

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Well if people had listened to G Ryans weekly tirades against us people would have the impression that the people who post on boards.ie are lunatics typing in darkened rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Well if people had listened to G Ryans weekly tirades against us people would have the impression that the people who post on boards.ie are lunatics typing in darkened rooms

Ohh I better open the curtains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Is there any way to listen to Fridays show? I cant find it on the website and the replay thing only has todays on it with no previous show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭thenakedanddead

JohnK wrote: »
    Is there any way to listen to Fridays show? I cant find it on the website and the replay thing only has todays on it with no previous show.

I don't know if you can get the full episode, but their are pieces of it available via Itunes, such as the Bono interview (eek - sort-of average) and an interview with some woman called Danielle.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I listened to a bit of it. A couple of women phoning in about their first days at college/work.
    Thought it was dull to be honest. Although I did only listen for about ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I haven't listened to the show just yet, but was there any mention of Nob Nation returning? Hope we haven't heard the last of it!

flickarius wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the show just yet, but was there any mention of Nob Nation returning? Hope we haven't heard the last of it!

I doubt it, that would involve politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Friday's episode is up on the replay thing......but it's listed as Jenny Huston.....I just took a chance on clicking on it and there it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

He can feck off now.

Thanx for that. He only said that so we'd up his ratings and start commenting on his performance (well I won't be listening) - I found Radio Nova today. As one of the papers mentioned over the weekend RTE now stands for Ryan Tubridy Enterprises.......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Now i was off todahy but happened to wake up at five past nine and did he mention about someone having breast cancer.I was half asleep but I'm sure he said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

was never a big fan of Tubs, but I enjoyed the show today and will listen again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Now i was off todahy but happened to wake up at five past nine and did he mention about someone having breast cancer.I was half asleep but I'm sure he said that.

Evelyn O'Rourke, who worked on the Gerry Ryan show, has breast cancer. I believe he said she is also pregnant. Poor thing, she's very young, here's hoping she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Advertisement