Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Book, tweet, J.F.K, Mad Men, BILL CLINTON, united states.

His impressions of Bill Clinton, and Repulican/Democrat jokes are pretentious... "I'm so clever because I know about American politics".... I tuned in to listen to the papers again today, but he managed to sidestep all of the serious news and find something that he could pull a freshly downloaded soundbite for (in this case Star Wars). Hard to see him lasting in this position...

I wish they would give the review of the papers to John Murray on RTE ONE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

I listen only to his paper review most mornings. I have the following comments:
    • He is criminally biased towards Fianna Fail.
    • He seems to lack any real empathy for the suffering and outrage of people regarding the financial crisis.
    • I was not a fan of Gerry Ryan but recognise that he had personality. I don't believe Tubridy has anything that could be described as personality.
    • I don't believe he possesses what one could describe as wit. His geeky, americanised, quippy, patronising delivery style is tiresome.
    • He seems to be be incapable of focusing on anything outside of this own particular interests.

p.s. Actually listening back to an earlier show now to get a better idea of what he is like, he is speaking to a relative of an Alzheimer's sufferer and he sounds utterly bored and insincere. At the end of the interview when she says that all the family were around when he died he says 'Good'. When the interview was over he said 'There goes Caroline'! Priceless......

I predict a haemorrhaging of listeners, I just can't imagine who the people are how like his show.

Why do I bother to listen? Because Alan Partridge is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nmoran wrote: »
    I listen only to his paper review most mornings. I have the following comments:
    • He is criminally biased towards Fianna Fail.
    • He seems to lack any real empathy for the suffering and outrage of people regarding the financial crisis.
    • I was not a fan of Gerry Ryan but recognise that he had personality. I don't believe Tubridy has anything that could be described as personality.
    • I don't believe he possesses what one could describe as wit. His geeky, americanised, quippy, patronising delivery style is tiresome.
    • He seems to be be incapable of focusing on anything outside of this own particular interests.

p.s. Actually listening back to an earlier show now to get a better idea of what he is like, he is speaking to a relative of an Alzheimer's sufferer and he sounds utterly bored and insincere. At the end of the interview when she says that all the family were around when he died he says 'Good'. When the interview was over he said 'There goes Caroline'! Priceless......

I predict a haemorrhaging of listeners, I just can't imagine who the people are how like his show.

Why do I bother to listen? Because Alan Partridge is not available.
    all the characteristics of a shape shifting reptile!! I knew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

he has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Painful this morning, live from Eyre sq, DLB tries to talk to culchies.

How long before he resorts to JFK ?

Edit: 37 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Quite enjoying it this morning actually, - thought the "University Challenge" between NUIG and GMIT was funny...

Tubs: "Can we get 2 more cans of Dutch Gold over here please?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 01979

well all,caught ryan tubridy show on 2fm this morning.I lasted all of about 35 mins and dad to tune out!!!!!What absolute rubbish:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

there's already a thread for this... Merrrrrrrrrrrged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A mention of the Kennedys and a poor impersonation of a Boston accent within the first two minutes of this mornings show.
    Gotta be some kinda record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

tuned in for about 10 mins to see if what you guys were going on about was as bad as you said.

christ on a bike.

what the hell is he at? the show sounds like a behind the scenes at a business meeting or something.

the second line i caught from him was about bloody tweeting.

while i was no fan this is the polar opposite of what gerry ryan was all about. i cant see how it cant result in a ratings disaster in a few months time.

seriously, who from the old listenership is listening to this tosh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

he has to go full stop

his conversation is just
    jeepers
    twitter
    tweet
    bil clinton
    book ,what book are you reading
    book book book book book book twitter twitter twitter tweet tweet

have ya heard jim jim slag him its great lol

tubridygrey.jpg

This picture encapsulates it for me... He's just not interesting. And his anti FG/Enda Kenny tirades are ridiculous... It seems that objectivity in RTE means that you dont promote your own favourite (i.e. Fianna Fail), but you are allowed to ridicule the opposition..

And Tubridy's top point of interest on the Ryder Cup... ??? The pronunciation of Graham MacDowall's name.. Twitter, blah, kennedy, blah, Hobbits, blah, Sarah Palin, blah....

What did Jim-Jim say about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Poor parody song TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

jimmynokia wrote: »
    he has to go full stop

his conversation is just
    jeepers
    twitter
    tweet
    bil clinton
    book ,what book are you reading
    book book book book book book twitter twitter twitter tweet tweet

have ya heard jim jim slag him its great lol

he's still not going on about Clinton is he?:rolleyes:

Anyone here it today, DLB had dave fanny with more parables from saint Gerry Ryan, man of the people, how he was not afraid to tell it like it is,how Gerry would have told people to deal with the recession. sickening sh1te.

This was after his defence of "the corupt c**t in the cupboard" earlier.

This show self indulgent, shameful FF propoganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

Fek off.. It's now possible for me to listen to Radio one ALL morning since he left...
    agree totally
    keep him on 2fm-its all crap anyway.
    glad to see most other people also think he is a boring,patronising, phoney chinless wonder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

this thread is gettin a bit old lads,if ye dont like him STOP LISTENING.why would ye listen if ye hate him that much?and this is a serious question, WHY?it seems some of ye listen to him just to complain about him.

mikom wrote: »
    Poor parody song TBH.

Yeah, I had a look through a few of his other videos. He's got his own channel youtube with similar parodies.. http://www.youtube.com/user/JimJim2fm

Had a look through a few of them and they're not great.. In one, he rings a store looking for an Xbox supposedly as Ryan Tubridy. He's as funny as Tubridy is interesting.
    this thread is gettin a bit old lads,if ye dont like him STOP LISTENING.why would ye listen if ye hate him that much?
    I used to like Gerry's review of the papers, all they need to do is put somebody in the position reading out the headlines without mentioning twitter or Kennedy... that is all they need to do ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

this thread is gettin a bit old lads,if ye dont like him STOP LISTENING.why would ye listen if ye hate him that much?and this is a serious question, WHY?it seems some of ye listen to him just to complain about him.
    if you dont like this thread STOP READING.

harpsman wrote: »
    if you dont like this thread STOP READING.
    like im telling ye to do with tubs.im just trying to figure out why you would listen to something you dont like just so you can complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

like im telling ye to do with tubs.im just trying to figure out why you would listen to something you dont like just so you can complain?

I for one used to listen to gerry every day for the full 3 hours. He was interesting, funny, witty, good natured and full of life.
    Since Tubb's has taken over i have only listened to him for a total of about 5 hours, and to 2fm for a total of 5 hours.
    IMO 2FM is a poor radio station and the only reason i listened was for gerry. After or before gerry's show i may have turned on 2fm and as a result i would have listened to other shows. Now i never tune into the station.
    I dislike tubb's as he has none of the qualities listed above that gerry had.

The reason i complain about him is that i dont want him on 2fm. I was someone interesting on at that time, someone current, someone i would like to go for a pint with, someone full of life. Tubbs's is none of these things.

i used to listen every day to gerry,listened to tubs first one or two shows,couldnt stomach him.i now listen to newstalk in the mornin and then tune to colin hayes,who i believe should have got gerrys gig.
    i wont tune into tubridy again but i also wont continuallt slag him.if you dont like the show TUNE OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

i used to listen every day to gerry,listened to tubs first one or two shows,couldnt stomach him.i now listen to newstalk in the mornin and then tune to colin hayes,who i believe should have got gerrys gig.
    i wont tune into tubridy again but i also wont continuallt slag him.if you dont like the show TUNE OUT.

Well good for you kid!!:rolleyes:Your fantastic and thanks for the advice

In the meantime Tubb's is killing 2fm, he has to be losing listeners and i bet it wont be long before there is a shakeup.

Get someone interesting in there please.

i bet there wont be,at least not with tubs anyway.hes uncle is pretty high up in the organisation.

Kennedys , record beaten today, 35 secs into the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

His reluctance to reveal anything about himself this morning was comical. He was pressed to reveal his surprise/embarrassing crush. After much pressure from whoever the woman with him was and after comparing the pressure to Nuremberg, he eventually said he once upon a time had a soft spot for Condoleezza Rice...which is fine and all (its supposed to be embarrassing crush), but he that it was because of the power and that she played piano and ice-skated!

This is comedy gold....truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I play this game in my head each morning while he reads the papers. Its a 1-3 game, how long before one is mentioned, usually I am guaranteed to get two right.

1st...Is tweet,twitter (admittedly this is becoming the norm like txt messages may have been a bit weird 12 years ago)

2nd...A US president/Kennedy/US politics

3rd...Books

• Advertisement

nmoran wrote: »
    , he eventually said he once upon a time had a soft spot for Condoleezza Rice...

My god, his level of reluctance to hide everything about his life is verging on OCD.... Can you imagine if G Ryan was asked the same question? He would have been talking til 2pm about all the women he wanted to "roiiiide"..

Advertisement