Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Its hilarious how 2FM are spinning it, comparing it to D'Arcy's numbers...reeks of desperation. :rolleyes:

These numbers will only keep on falling. 2FM should inquire into the availability of Alistair Campbell for next years attempt at spinning Tubridy's figures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

comical_ali.jpg

Everything is fine! Golden Boy Tubridy has millions of listeners! Best Presenter in World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hopefully not long now until the move to radio Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Obviously I'm not suprised he is down, but I am however very suprised that he has more than Ray Darcy.
    I was expecting his figures to be much worse to be honest. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

http://www.bai.ie/pdfs/20110217_jnlr-jandec2010bf.pdf

The new JNLR figures have just been released and make good reading for RTÉ Radio 1 who are the only national station to increase their weekday reach figure.

They’re up 1% to 25%, RTÉ 2fm are down 1% to 13% while Today FM at 13%, Newstalk at 8% and RTÉ Lyric FM at 3% remain static.

Individually, there are increases for Radio One’s John Murray, Pat Kenny, Ronan Collins, Sean O’Rourke, Mary Wilson and Derek Mooney on weekdays and Countrywide, Bowman, The Business and The Marian Finucane Show at the weekend.

It’s very much as you are too in Dublin where RTÉ Radio One remain top with a weekday reach of 29% (+1%) followed by FM104 at 20% (+1%).

full article

http://www.hotpress.com/JNLR%20figures/news/RT-One-the-big-JNLR-winner/7514850.html

Elsewhere, there’s a healthy weekday reach leap for i105-107 who are up 2% to 9%.

Right, lets get this straight. Gerry had 172,000 listeners at the last count.

So I make that more than 30,000 listeners Tubridy has shed... which would make it a 17.5% drop in the space of one year.

In summation...Wow!! :eek::eek::eek:

Would that be a sackable figure in a private radio station I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

OK, last October the show had 262,000 listeners - it now has 216,000.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/listeners/

Rubik. wrote: »
    OK, last October the show had 262,000 listeners - it now has 216,000.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/listeners/

I actually lolled!

Thats one hell of a drop!! :D

"You spin me right round, baby right round..."

telekon wrote: »
    Right, lets get this straight. Gerry had 172,000 listeners at the last count.

So I make that more than 30,000 listeners Tubridy has shed... which would make it a 17.5% drop in the space of one year.

In summation...Wow!! :eek::eek::eek:

Would that be a sackable figure in a private radio station I wonder?

ALL I CAN SAY IS TUBRIDY

• Advertisement

bet you 7 millllllllllllllllllllllllllion dollars he wont be reading that result out tomorow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

I actually lolled!

Thats one hell of a drop!! :D

"You spin me right round, baby right round..."

Well yes,but as radio listening figures are notoriously inaccurate i would put turbidys actual listeniners in around 90,000.

The amount of people who try to listen,but, after 5 or 6 minutes become too amazed at the utter shoddiness and total self indulgent nature of said tubbers, i would estimate is in the 30 to forthy thousand bracket.

Either way,i actually tried to listen this morning...

I lasted exactly 3mins 56 seconds.

Then i became too angry for words yet again.

He and none of his team knew whether ERASURE,or EURORASER, was the name of the band.

Added to more jfk talk and my radio almost ended up in the toilet again.

I cant post on this thread anymore..its heartbreaking.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Thejournal.ie says D'arcy had more listeners than Tubs

businessetc.thejournal.ie/rte-gains-ground-in-latest-radio-listenership-figures-2011-2/

Ryan Tubridy’s 9am shot boasted an average listenership of
    216,000, only 3,000 behind Today FM rival
    Ray D’Arcy whose programme is an hour longer, and who gains 1,000 listeners.

This time last year The Gerry Ryan Show had 307,000 listeners.

This time last year The Gerry Ryan Show had 307,000 listeners.

goes to show he should be put out of his misery now and told via twitter YOUR FIRED

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

jimmynokia wrote: »
    goes to show he should be put out of his misery now and told via twitter YOUR FIRED

You're fired might be better!;)

The big question for Tubridy today: Spin or Ignore. :)

Looking forward to him doing the papers today...

"...and on the front page of the Irish Sun, no, nothing interesting there. Moving along to the Daily Star..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Is it on the front page of the Sun? Interesting...

Is it on the front page of the Sun? Interesting...

He's got the side column...the headline is "tubs is turning away fans" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

The big question for Tubridy today: Spin or Ignore. :)

Looking forward to him doing the papers today...

"...and on the front page of the Irish Sun, no, nothing interesting there. Moving along to the Daily Star..."

He’ll avoid it.

He'll probably do an extended interrogation of Emma, inquiring about kids and private life.

This will buy him some time, then it will be a rushed review of the papers,which will be about Obama visiting Ireland, which will lead him back onto his hamster wheel of JFK/Twitter/Books or he might try some more Joe Duffy lite, cunningly avoiding the elephant in the room.

• Advertisement

Poly wrote: »
    He’ll avoid it.

He'll probably do an extended interrogation of Emma, inquiring about kids and private life.

This will buy him some time, then it will be a rushed review of the papers,which will be about Obama visiting Ireland, which will lead him back onto his hamster wheel of JFK/Twitter/Books or he might try some more Joe Duffy lite, cunningly avoiding the elephant in the room.

Yea, he's now an expert at completely ignoring any story he doesn't personally like.

The Gerry Ryan coke stories were disgracefully discarded despite occupying the front pages of every paper.

He also refuses to delve into any story even approaching a criticism of his beloved Fianna Fail.

He's a biased little...***...never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

I KingEnda am adding a 6th point to the FG 5 Point Plan.
    'You shall not listen to the FF Twitter Tubs until after 25th Feb'
    Ride on
    KingEnda

Is head Of 2fm, John McMahon, the new Comical Ali.

"The reduction in the time slot from three to two hours was always going to impact on figures. Our aim was to hold stable, and this we have done".

No you didn't, you lost 46,000 listeners in 3 months.

"Hector has got off to a strong start, with 133,000 listeners but, again, the slot was shorten by one hour."

No he hasn't, he is doing worse than Colm & JimJim and they lost the show because of how bad their figures were.

The Irish Times Alison Healy is almost as bad for swallowing this line of bs. Is she regular on the show, or maybe his last one?

"..it is difficult to compare his listenership figures with those of the late Gerry Ryan, as Tubridy show is an hour shorter than Ryan's".

No it isn't, you just have to compare one set of figures to another.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0218/1224290139576.html

Is head Of 2fm, John McMahon, the new Comical Ali.

"The reduction in the time slot from three to two hours was always going to impact on figures. Our aim was to hold stable, and this we have done".

No you didn't, you lost 46,000 listeners in 3 months.

"Hector has got off to a strong start, with 133,000 listeners but, again, the slot was shorten by one hour."

No he hasn't, he is doing worse than Colm & JimJim and they lost the show because of how bad their figures were.

The Irish Times Alison Healy is almost as bad for swallowing this line of bs. Is she regular on the show, or maybe his last one?

"..it is difficult to compare his listenership figures with those of the late Gerry Ryan, as Tubridy show is an hour shorter than Ryan's".

No it isn't, you just have to compare one set of figures to another.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0218/1224290139576.html

True, just compare the AQH figures. Simple.

Whats this aussie guy on about?? Where's the review of the papers?!? :confused:

Edit: Its BrYan McFadden. Nice accent BrYan. :rolleyes:

Lol...in fairness to him, he mentioned it...albeit briefly.

Yea thats true Ryan, we will make up our minds about you...you're sh*t. :D

Right, I'm happy. Back to Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

"we're new around town, give us a chance":D

You've been in RTE since you were 12 FFS!!

Poly wrote: »
    "we're new around town, give us a chance":D

You've been in RTE since you were 12 FFS!!

That was some great listening wasn't it Poly? :D

I could practically hear his little skinny heart break as he read it...and to me anyway, it reeked of a little bit of desperation asking the listeners to stick with him...heh heh heh.

The public have spoken Ryan. The show will only keep on haemorrhaging listeners surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

He deserves the drop in figures. His show is a mess and not going anywhere soon. The team better be careful, he could continue to drop alot more listeners, its needs some direction. So I'm sure the entire team will have a serious meeting today and I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one.
    The show needs a shake up and I think that shake up needs to get of Tubridy himself or at least at that time lot.
    To be fair to Tubridy at least he did mention the loss in listership today unlike the Gerry coke storys.."And thats that"
    He deserves it, but I do feel a little sorry for him, just listening he's trying to act happy and interested but he seems all broken up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Advertisement