Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Tubs has discovered that people are having problems paying the mortgage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

giftgrub wrote: »

The woman is scrimping and saving on basic foodstuffs, and she's talking to a state funded millionare about her plight.

The JNLR's must be really bad if he's resorting to talking to the great unwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

I was calling Tubridy a virgin as a compliment. His innocence and child-like wonder is a breath of fresh air in this cynical, depressing time. His lack of knowledge of female orifices makes my listening experience that much more pleasurable and I smile knowing that he may be getting around a million a year but at least he's not blowing it on the birds. Well done Ryan!

After all that dickensian unpleasantness this morning he’s back on more familiar territory now.

Talking to Nationwide's Mary kennedy about Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bard wrote: »
    This thread appears to be kept going by 3 or 4 select posters who seem compelled to post almost the same negative comments practically every day. I'm really not sure why they do this to be honest... we get it... you don't like the show. Not sure we need the running commentary.
    Personally i am offended that someone could be paid so much and not have a notion how do carry out his job. He has been handed two of the biggest jobs in RTE and is partly funded by the taxpayer. I do not wish my taxes to pay for his sweet and sour chicken balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Poly wrote: »
    The JNLR's must be really bad if he's resorting to talking to the great unwashed
    I was a bit confused by this, he has jumped in Liveline land, nothing wrong with that but seems like the Tubridy team are resorting to anything to help suddenly find a format. Last minute experiments perhaps before the JNLR figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

C'mon, Bard - the people who listen to the show and post here are doing us a favour. It means we find out about the
    most cringeworthy moments without having to listen on ourselves... Keep up the good work, guys!

just noticed this is the 1,000 post, I wonder where the show will be at the 2,000 post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Is it possible to get a breakdown of who has posted on the thread and how many posts they have made on it. I think this is my 22nd or 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

miketv wrote: »
    just noticed this is the 1,000 post, I wonder where the show will be at the 2,000 post :rolleyes:

Lyric FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

lempsipmax wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a breakdown of who has posted on the thread and how many posts they have made on it. I think this is my 22nd or 23rd.

Go to the main forum page, click on the number in the replies column - you're right, that was your 22nd post.

JNLRs out at 5pm. Bard, do the stations get a look at them before that do you know?

Poly wrote: »
    JNLRs out at 5pm. Bard, do the stations get a look at them before that do you know?

Stations get them in the afternoon, they come in a book form, its pretty detailed stuff.

They tend to be embargoed til 4 or 5pm, it gives them time write press releases saying they're number 1.

This will be Tub's first full book. The previous one would have been a carry over from Gerry's days.

Just heard the 9 to 11 slot on 2fm may be down 20K....not confirmed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Not a huge drop, considering how popular Gerrys show was he was always going to lose a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Not a huge drop, considering how popular Gerrys show was he was always going to lose a few.

Yes, but the show lost 24,000 in the last quarter and 10,000 in the quarter before that. So if giftgrub's figures are confirmed, the show would have lost 54,000 listeners in less than a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Any citation for that figures of 20k lads, I'm looking but I cant find anything..

Is it time to start brainstorming for a good T-ubstitute for him, should RTE consider it time for a change..

I wonder how RTE will spin it? Highest paid star in RTE haemorhaging listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Any citation for that figures of 20k lads, I'm looking but I cant find anything..

Is it time to start brainstorming for a good T-ubstitute for him, should RTE consider it time for a change..
    Poach Mr Sean Moncreif ....whatever the cost it would be worth it (and cheaper than tubs)

• Advertisement

Poach Mr Sean Moncreif ....whatever the cost it would be worth it (and cheaper than tubs)
    That I would agree with (although I really like his current time slot aswell) so long as Sean himself could control the show and get/bring what people he wishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just googled Tubridy in "the last 24 hours"... to see if there was any reporting of the JNLR figures and found this story from today... Not a good day for the Tubster...

Young, free and single after my split with Ryan
    TV beauty Aoibhinn ni Shuilleabhain has finally broken her silence on life as a single woman. She and presenter Ryan Tubridy had kept everyone guessing as to the status of their relationship after they split last September -- only to show up together at the Late Late Show host's book launch.

so where did they go? Newstalk I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The embargo was until 5 so I'd expect news soon.

As ever, be prepared for some almighty spin, Bryan Dobson on the twitter put it well

http://twitter.com/bryansixone
    Spin Alert: JNLR (radio listenership) figures due shortly. Somebody somewhere will claim big increase among bald, lefthanded man under 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

They were steadily dropping before G Ryans demise

lempsipmax wrote: »

So he has 10000 more listeners than Darcy, how much are they both paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

THE AQH figures for DLB are therefore down nearly 20% on comparable GRyan figures....

someone is not going to be happy////

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Whats AQH and DLB stand for?

Advertisement